• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit is my back up to my main...

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
and what i dont understand is why the heck is he so low on the tier list???? he has a sick projectile, can camp his but off and force approaches, has a sick recovery and he racks up damage points.... i dont understand why no one plays pit at the competitive level.. he seems good.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
pit is also my secondary work in progress but i don't see the point to this thread. i guess u are asking why pit is not higher on the tier list (which if u r the name of this thread is misleading). anyway the reason he is not higher is b/c he is underplayed and underdeveloped he has potential to rise but until more people start showing it we will stay kinda low on the tier list.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
umm well i think that just most players dont get enough experience as pit. That and pit doesnt have any extremely "cheap" tactics above i guess arrow spaming even though i find spamming kinda dumb. He only has one main killing smash and the other 2 arnt as useful aside from racking up damage. Even then his Fsmash is rather weak compared to that of lets say Foxes almost instant up smash. Any of snakes tilts probably kill earlier.

Honestly even though i main pit i dont find him an amazing character, hes just very versatile. Leaving each player to come up with his own fighting style without anything to really start with. Unlike that of certain characters that seem to be played the same by many people. Like fox (yet again) staple dair to utilt or w/e combo, or like D3 players and the chain grabs and Bairs. Possibly also how many pits tend to get stuck on being flashy with ATs rather then really effective.

Idk thats just my 2 cents on that matter.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Most smashers view Pit as a “n00b” character. Most of the higher-level players and the Pit boards know this as fiction. Pit has tons of potential. He is under-developed as mentioned before. Many good players are afraid to use him because of his miniscule KO potential. He does not have many advantageous match-ups, so winning w/ Pit takes pure skill and knowledge. Pit is not the easiest character to pick up and play well. Mastering his recovery requires some patience, just like the rest of his playstyle.

Other than that, Pit is a great choice. Mastering Pit will reap more rewards than much of the cast. Pit is a future A-tier/low S-tier contender(IMO).

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
@Gadiel_VaStar

I think that he could place now where Kirby is.

Pit is a wonderful character, but if you stop for a couple minuts to think on the tier list as it really is, pit is the most balanced characters in the game. It's not impossible to win MK's, and he could not be compared tho a Cap Falcon or Ganon. If you knwo what i mean.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
@Gadiel_VaStar

I think that he could place now where Kirby is.

Pit is a wonderful character, but if you stop for a couple minuts to think on the tier list as it really is, pit is the most balanced characters in the game. It's not impossible to win MK's, and he could not be compared tho a Cap Falcon or Ganon. If you knwo what i mean.
Pit is waay better than Kirby...lol. Kirby will drop to mid-tier after all is said and done. Balanced = no weaknesses, which = good, but not great.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I think Pit is as good as ROB or maybe higher in the current tier list. I agree with the OP, Pit is pretty good. He does feel very balanced as a character.

I love his boxing ability, shield pressure ability, throws and arrows. He is great when you fully utilize every tool he has. Since Pit is so balanced it seems like winning matches at higher levels is more about abusing your opponent's weaknesses then pushing your own.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
pit is very good but severely underdeveloped. If you want to help develop him share your thoughts on the matter in the meta game forum. :)

Top Bottom