• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit is dropping[Confirmed]/ Tierlist Discussion

Afropony

Smash Lord
Iv been using pit and only pit ever since ssbb ever was released and I really think that pit isin the middle of all tiers along with Mario =/ thats what i think (you can even consider pit at the low middle sadly because he has a lot of weaknesses.
really?
I dont think he's that bad. what are his weaknesses?

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Reason why pit fell on the tier list is simple, tourney places like you guys said and IMO, the AT's you guys have arent really being put to use effectively in tourneys. When i think of good pits that effectively use these things i can only think of like: sagemoon, FzeroX and rogue pit. Even then though, i wouldnt say their use of wing dashing or arrow looping is what makes them good. They are good players and they use pit.

All the recent pit AT's that i've heard of from my pit main friends are a bunch of arrow tricks. What ever happened to wing refresh for edge guarding? i rarely see people do that kinda stuff nowadays. What about finding other non-arrow related AT's?

Lastly, even though you may say you have good match ups, like with diddy, falco, etc. the fact of the matter is that there are better diddy's, falco's, etc's out there winning tournament placings. Instead of waiting for washington to save the day (not saying they wont, im pretty confident they got some crazy stuff cooked up for us) all pits should step it up too.

Siblingz

Smash Rookie
Don't worry guys, I'm doing my best online... Because online counts right? Right?

._. I need to go to an actual tourny ._.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I always though Pit was a hard character to learn especially learning all those crazy and cool techniques that Pit can do. I went to a Chicago Tournament last saturday and 61 players were there and I was in shock that not player used Pit in the tourny. It seems like Pit can do really well against certain characters but characters that Pit just cant compete with at all. Thats just my thoery of why Pit went down 3 rankings.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I always though Pit was a hard character to learn especially learning all those crazy and cool techniques that Pit can do. I went to a Chicago Tournament last saturday and 61 players were there and I was in shock that not player used Pit in the tourny. It seems like Pit can do really well against certain characters but characters that Pit just cant compete with at all. Thats just my thoery of why Pit went down 3 rankings.
oh no he can compete (ask sagemoon) pit just is average when it comes to tourney results if he had better tourney results he would have probably stayed the same or maebe even move up if every pit went to tourneys (and im trying to find one gys)

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
oh no he can compete (ask sagemoon) pit just is average when it comes to tourney results if he had better tourney results he would have probably stayed the same or maebe even move up if every pit went to tourneys (and im trying to find one gys)
That is the point isn't it. To be higher up on the Tierlist you have to be doing well in tournys, and most Pit dont seem to get placed at all.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

This says otherwise. He falls under the category of "underused" and its true. Pit does not do average in tournaments. He is good character and can compete, i agree, but more pits need to be in more tourneys and doing better. You mentioned sagemoon, and he is the only pit that has been placing consistently. That should change, cuz he is evidence that the character is good enough to be doing well in tourney.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
isnt pit like #5 on the japanese tier list???

EDIT: Pit is 7th on the JP tier.
S: MetaKnight, Snake, Falco
A: R.O.B, Diddy, Marth, Pit, Fox
B: Mr. Game & Watch, Wolf, Toon Link
C: Ice Climbers, Olimar, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Lucario
D: Kirby, King Dedede, Mario, Lucas, Wario, Charizard
E: Zelda, Ike, Donkey Kong ,Ness, Link, Luigi, Yoshi, Pokemon Trainer (as a team), Squirtle, Ivysaur
F: Sonic, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Peach, Ganondorf

rinoH

Smash Lord
lol pit should be lower and how is Peach lower than all those characters and whats up with CF being higher than jiggs and ganon

Top Bottom