• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit getting old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
When the game first came out everyone wanted to be pit they thought he was so awsome and great. But now barley anyone uses pit. Plz post your thoughts at the bottom.

That is because most Pit players avoid going to tournaments or other public events so they don't hear endless complaints.

And if you mean literally getting old, just listen to his American voice and be proven wrong. (Sarcasm)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, actually I think it's because the MK and Snake population is growing. Pit is still a good char, and I used him from when the game came out in the US in 3/9, and I still use him today.

You can blame Meta and Snake for taking away some of the former Pit players because of their Top-tierness.
You can also blame noobs because they dont know how to use Pit correctly, and complain when they get beaten regardless of the annoying spam of theirs. They would be a disgrace to Pit anyways by making others call him a cheap char when he's just a cool and cute young angel who can be very Powerful in the right hands, and not in noobish hands.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually I think you forgot the part where I said Pit is cool and cute.
You want to know what's Gay? Being a Ganondorf where you are facing a blaster-spammin Falco on FD. That would make you want to kill yourself.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its because Pit is getting looked at as mid tier (Last I saw). The most forgotten tier, there are players who play low because they are low and the same goes for high tier, Mid is the forgotten tier.

link2702

Smash Champion
well...sadly i think its becasue of the image people have given pit, anytime someone hears about a pit user the first thing they say, is "OMG ITZ A PITZ USERS, HEZ GONNA SPAM TEH ARROWZ AND AR LIEK A NOOBZ, THATZ TEH ONLY WAY HE EVER WINS" as a result, just about EVERYONE feels like this about pit users, and anytime new brawlers show up, the first thing they start hearing is, "pit is cheap, pit is for noobs, all pit users do is spam" as a result, new people are afraid to try pit, cuz they don't wanna be considered "spammers," its really a shame, that the few n00b pits out there that DO only spam the arrows and AR, have given the rest of us skilled pit users a bad image.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
well...sadly i think its becasue of the image people have given pit, anytime someone hears about a pit user the first thing they say, is "OMG ITZ A PITZ USERS, HEZ GONNA SPAM TEH ARROWZ AND AR LIEK A NOOBZ, THATZ TEH ONLY WAY HE EVER WINS" as a result, just about EVERYONE feels like this about pit users, and anytime new brawlers show up, the first thing they start hearing is, "pit is cheap, pit is for noobs, all pit users do is spam" as a result, new people are afraid to try pit, cuz they don't wanna be considered "spammers," its really a shame, that the few n00b pits out there that DO only spam the arrows and AR, have given the rest of us skilled pit users a bad image.
That is a good reason too.

I'm really not joking.

My mains are PT, Mario, and Captain Falcon.

I used to main G&W but he got lame.
Ya G&W is so powerful. Great KO, duration and not bad on speed.

Gravemind

Smash Rookie
I play Pit. I love Pit. When I heard that Pit is in Brawl i was so happy.
I absolutely love this little guy and this since Kid Icarus (GB).

After I got used to the Brawl Gameplay I startet using him, he is just great. Nevermind what Tierlists says, I will continue use him. The same way I used Ganondorf and Luigi in Melee, I will use Pit, whatever other says from him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I play Pit. I love Pit. When I heard that Pit is in Brawl i was so happy.
I absolutely love this little guy and this since Kid Icarus (GB).

After I got used to the Brawl Gameplay I startet using him, he is just great. Nevermind what Tierlists says, I will continue use him. The same way I used Ganondorf and Luigi in Melee, I will use Pit, whatever other says from him.
You and I got the same mind on Pit ^_^ except I used Pit when Brawl first came out, right after I used Bowser a bit in training Mode (I loved Bowser at the time, and I still do, but I enjoy using Pit more for many reasons).
But what I found out was that all 4 of my chars in melee (Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda, and Pichu) were all low or bottom tier... but i didnt care, I still used all 4 of them.
Regardless, I will still have Pit in my heart, for I will never leave behind a good angel like him.

Talendime

Smash Ace
You and I got the same mind on Pit ^_^ except I used Pit when Brawl first came out, right after I used Bowser a bit in training Mode (I loved Bowser at the time, and I still do, but I enjoy using Pit more for many reasons).
But what I found out was that all 4 of my chars in melee (Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda, and Pichu) were all low or bottom tier... but i didnt care, I still used all 4 of them.
Regardless, I will still have Pit in my heart, for I will never leave behind a good angel like him.
It's.. just a game.

But either way, I would (and will) never look at a tier list. Like who gives a fock?

1337marth

Smash Ace
I will agree, I wanted to play as him so bad, then when it came out, I did for a month, and I got bored, he was a bit of a disappointment, but I am trying to start back with him, but I play as Falco, and Marth more. I like Luigi also. I just wish he was different. He is great, but could of been much more improved in a skillful way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention that I really dont care about tiers (I feel sad for those who use Meta and Snake just because of their tier level, and spam with them in hopes of winning) I play with who i like, and Pit is at the top of the list, with Bowser and Meta not too short behind.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Im not saying the tier list is the only reason. I was playing Pit before brawl came out if the us. (My friend got a JPN copy :)) Im just saying its an arguement for why people don't need to come in here and say "I don't believe in the tier list" or what ever, noone really cares if you think that they are there on not, thats what the general discussion is for. Im just saying thats what I think and it stands to be proven wrong. Anyway this thread isn't even about the tier list its about why Pit has been all but dropped in play and why he went from everyone saying "I'm going to play Pit" to everyone saying "Pit is a spam Wh0re only noobs play Pit".

He is fun to play but people like winning and if its easier to win with some one then you might use that more. ex. for those of you who play halo 3, the pistol sucks do you use it alot? Most would say no I like the BR more, or the sniper rifle. Both are better guns in the majority's mind. Also when you kill someone with the pistol you say to your self or even to others "I just killed that guy with a pistol against his BR" that can be translated to "I just killed that guy with my Captin Falcon against his MK". You don't do that with the carbine (I think that would be a mid level gun). Sorry for all the Halo examples but it works.

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
People who play with pit dont mean they cheat or spam a lot but thats what people say no pits going down the toilet

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Its because Pit is getting looked at as mid tier (Last I saw). The most forgotten tier, there are players who play low because they are low and the same goes for high tier, Mid is the forgotten tier.
Mario player right here mid is kinda forgotten.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Hmm i just look at him as the character with most AT's and probably most AT potential still so thats why he doesnt get old to me.... always new little techniques to learn

deatscythe6

Smash Rookie
You hit the nail right on the hammer (an awkward way of saying you're right). In a place where character standings are shaped by a few opinions being spread to many people, Pit is in a bad position, but he has always been one of my many mains. As far as getting old, the thought has never crossed my mind because there is always something new with him (like wingdashing, glideshifting, and my favorite, Raining arrows of hell (multiple arrows looping)). But when I use Pit, I'm either really good, or really suckish. When that happens I resort to my other mains (sonic, snake, marth, captain falcon, ike, metaknight, zelda/shiek, mario, luigi, ganondorf, peach, ZSS, PT, lucas, ness, and lucario).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom