• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit for Countering Snake

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
hey,

i was wondering if people have success using pit against snake and what they see as pros and cons against snake. one definite pro is that the arrows can really annoy snake and prevent him from moving around the stage too much. are there any statistics to this match up? what advantages do snake have against pit? thanks!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Snake destroys pit in a normal match. Any of snakes moves can easily take out pit at around 100%. All of his attacks out prioritize pits attacks if he times them correctly.

Things that do work against snake.
Reflecting his projectiles. His missle or his motar.
Throwing his grenade back (but he can time it so it lands on u and explodes.
Wing Renewal chase to kill him off stage.
Arrows. lol
Lots of shielding. Since spot dodging isnt a good idea cause he will hit u anyway with ftilts.

kupo15

Smash Hero
this has been discussed a lot.

Pit is a snake counter. Look at the snake vs pit thread a couple threads down. I responded first, look at that

Btw, the flaming that happened later on in the thread was due to ppl misreading my post...

SERIF

Smash Rookie
i never had a problem against Snake, upsmash gets annoying but eventually you can pick up on it and place a well timed forward-b to counter it. Arrows seem to be the best against him, especially when knocked offstage.

rinoH

Smash Lord
tilt=destroys pit

everything else is in Pits favor cuz he can reflect everything but snake still wins imo

Top Bottom