• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit & Dark Pit Patch Tomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So since we're so close to the patch coming up, I thought it'd be best to have a thread dedicated to the Pit's and figuring out and highlighting any changes, buff and nerfs that may happen with it. Eventually when the patch is out, I'll do my best to update the OP with the new information (either calling it verified or unverified, but we'll work that out later).

Until then though, feel free to discuss what you think should change in the upcoming patches and what you think will happen.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
The 1st thing im checking is side b and dair haha.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Can't remember when the last update hit... Pretty sure I'll be able to do some testing when the time comes regardless.

Might wanna add that SSBU/SSB3D have different KO%s and that training mode also changes things, @ Neo Zero Neo Zero ,or we'll have the same mass confusion as last time. Although I doubt the angels will see any changes anyway.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
We should test in the 3ds version tbh. Easier that way with the SD card and such. Or jolt down all data now. Also Pit hasnt had any changes from day one of the 3ds version release so its super easy ^^

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Might wanna add that SSBU/SSB3D have different KO%s
What does this mean? The mechanics are different between the games?

Anyway, I honestly doubt the Pits will see any changes and I'd be okay with that. But, maybe DP will have his f-tilt fixed? If not to be made like Pit's, at least to be useful in a different way. Also maybe the 1-->2 hit for f-smash will be fixed so people don't fall out of it anymore.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Fix Dark Pit's Forward Tilt to be as strong as Pit's please, or give him a stronger move somewhere else to compensate. It's weird that he just has one move that's straight up worse for no reason at all.

Neo Zero

Just so you guys know, I'll be at work so I can't really update findings for a while. If anyone wants the OP post to edit in, let me know. Either quote this or send me a message personally.

When reporting findings, please mention the version you used (3DS or Wii U). Findings will be listed as unverified until a few people test it out and observe similar results, at which point it'll be considered verified. Even verified though, notes are open to debate and could be scrapped with further testing so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
UP SMASH HITBOX FIXED! now can use on the ground + Connect

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if forward throw is as strong as it used to be, it feels different

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Dont say it feels. Your just placing effects on people. Know or say nothing. It isnt different from what i can tell.

Neo Zero

Shoulda added, please note the Pit you used. You never know, they could have been changed a bit from each other.

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
Then it's probably me just going paranoid, anyways, i'm glad to know that Up Smash has been fixed

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
upperdash seems to have IASA frames on hit (grounded). Was it always like this?

Pits dash speed seems slower

Dair seems to have a bigger meteor smash hitbox

Yeah fthrow seems to kill later :<

up smash hitbox is the same to me, still doesn't hit from the back (it always use to be able to hit at the front) @ Kibzu~ Kibzu~

if anyone can double check this (3ds version btw)

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840

Pits dash speed seems slower

Dair seems to have a bigger meteor smash hitbox

up smash hitbox is the same to me, still doesn't hit from the back (it always use to be able to hit at the front) @ Kibzu~ Kibzu~

if anyone can double check this (3ds version btw)
The backs not suppose to hit loool. Also your saying it seems. Please please please just dont post X feels faster/slower. It gets us no where. How would u test his dair...

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
I will be really angry if this is true. =/

This however is really interesting as it may make the move safer. (Unless I'm misunderstanding what IASA frames are.) From my understanding there was no way to do anything until the animation finished.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I cant take word on this. I want proof ._.

Auxiliary_Bro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chabbit
3DS FC
2595-2515-5562
Can someone link to a good guide to reference in this thread? I'm a relatively decent Pit but I don't know my exact %s. I know D. Pit is supposed to have a weaker Ftilt and it's killing at 139% at the ledge against Mario on FD for me, but I'm not a D. Pit main so I'm not totally sure if that was already the norm for you guys.

Fthrow doesn't seem different to me at all. Kills at around 133% with red line on the ledge but I'll keep checking it out. Don't wanna get anyone freaked out lmao.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Thank you @ Auxiliary_Bro Auxiliary_Bro Basically nothings changed on pit. If you wanna say his meteor hitbox is different. Please explain how the hell you know that. Also Dash speed. I want a gif comparison thanks otherwise all of this is BS and sillyness ._.

Miley

Smash Cadet
w/o DI (Omega stage) I was able to kill fox as low as 108% w/ f-throw (has to be where he's doing his "I'm afraid I'm going to fall" animation on the ledge)

I was also at 108% when doing this. Doing the same thing to Ike, it takes 132 to KO him.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Dair used to only spike with the middle-front part of the swing, now middle-back spikes as well. Not really sure how much sense that makes or it might just have a larger sweetwspot (horizontally) in general. @ Kibzu~ Kibzu~

What I said is probably just me thats why I asked if someone else could test it out my theories and preferrably deconfirm all the nerfs I listed and confirm all the buffs :<

Last edited:

Auxiliary_Bro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chabbit
3DS FC
2595-2515-5562
Hey sorry to repeat myself, can someone link me a guide? Just killed Fox at the ledge at 95% with Pit's Ftilt on FD and I swear it had less knockback.

w/o DI (Omega stage) I was able to kill fox as low as 108% w/ f-throw (has to be where he's doing his "I'm afraid I'm going to fall" animation on the ledge)

I was also at 108% when doing this. Doing the same thing to Ike, it takes 132 to KO him.
idk what you mean by the fall animation but I can't replicate this. Don't think your % matters in training mode either iirc bc there's no rage effect in training mode. I've been putting myself at 0% anyway though. Maybe I'm messing up though.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Electroshock looks like it kills earlier now (or I must be crazy)
You're not the only one who thinks electroshock kills earlier.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Here's my guide that died. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...nd-technique-guide-all-important-ko-s.372354/

Again, please note that this is for SSB3D.

Usmash hitbox appears to be the same.
DP's Ftilt still kills later.
Electroshock is the same.
Dair spike hitbox might be larger.
Fthrow same.

This is all on DP BTW. I'll test some more in a minute.

Edit:
Jab infinite is still garbage.
Damage looks to be the same overall.
123 Jab appears to link better, namely the second hit which appears to have a larger hitbox.
Uspecial is still kinda janky.
Fsmash still has trouble linking in high KB situations.

Yeah... I'm doubtful anything changed.

Last edited:

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the Wii U version. I think when I used to use the up smash next to a standing opponent, it would just whiff. But now I can launch people with it

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Here's my guide that died. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...nd-technique-guide-all-important-ko-s.372354/

Again, please note that this is for SSB3D.

Usmash hitbox appears to be the same.
DP's Ftilt still kills later.
Electroshock is the same.
Dair spike hitbox might be larger.
Fthrow same.

This is all on DP BTW. I'll test some more in a minute.

Edit:
Jab infinite is still garbage.
Damage looks to be the same overall.
123 Jab appears to link better, namely the second hit which appears to have a larger hitbox.
Uspecial is still kinda janky.
Fsmash still has trouble linking in high KB situations.

Yeah... I'm doubtful anything changed.
could you also check pit's dash speed and if Upperdash arm has (useless) IASA frames at the end.

Miley

Smash Cadet
Hey sorry to repeat myself, can someone link me a guide? Just killed Fox at the ledge at 95% with Pit's Ftilt on FD and I swear it had less knockback.

idk what you mean by the fall animation but I can't replicate this. Don't think your % matters in training mode either iirc bc there's no rage effect in training mode. I've been putting myself at 0% anyway though. Maybe I'm messing up though.
I meant when you're the last step on the ledge and balancing on one leg like you're about to fall off.

Either way, I made a couple of quick vids. Haven't used my capture card in forever anyways

Vids are uploading but take a few mins to process if you can't see them yet

Fox:
https://youtu.be/Xzx972JfxUQ

Ike:
https://youtu.be/8Pk58RKwGNo

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm on the Wii U version. I think when I used to use the up smash next to a standing opponent, it would just whiff. But now I can launch people with it
Always been that way, just that most actions move the opponent's hitbox enough to make it whiff a lot.

could you also check pit's dash speed and if Upperdash arm has (useless) IASA frames at the end.
Dash speed appears to be the same, pretty sure the Arm's IASA frames were always there.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Always been that way, just that most actions move the opponent's hitbox enough to make it whiff a lot.

Dash speed appears to be the same, pretty sure the Arm's IASA frames were always there.
Thank God//Palutena/Sakurai, so the only thing changed might be a buff to the meteor smash. A lot of other characters have had their meteor smashes buffed too.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Some on the 1.06 reddit thread are reporting lowered startup for orbitars, but it remains unconfirmed. Can someone check? That would be pretty damn cool even if we don't also get a reduction in cooldown. (No more "Stay ba--UAAGH")

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Not a change for Pit/DP per se, but how do we all feel about Lylat's ledges being modified in terms of Pit/DP's gameplay? I always hated the chance of getting stuck under that stage, but maybe it might actually be a decent stage for Pit/DP now...?

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Not a change for Pit/DP per se, but how do we all feel about Lylat's ledges being modified in terms of Pit/DP's gameplay? I always hated the chance of getting stuck under that stage, but maybe it might actually be a decent stage for Pit/DP now...?
Can Pit shark the upper platforms with up smash? I don't have Wii U so I don't have that stage and can't test myself.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Some on the 1.06 reddit thread are reporting lowered startup for orbitars, but it remains unconfirmed. Can someone check? That would be pretty damn cool even if we don't also get a reduction in cooldown. (No more "Stay ba--UAAGH")
Doesn't look like it. If there is anything, it's negligible.

SirPulse

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirPulse
3DS FC
0490-6309-5461
i definitely feel down b startups a tiny bit sooner, so now you dont have to really predict them shooting their thing, can just react to it. also feel thee end of up b has a wii bit less ending frames, not that it really matters. possible fmsash startup frame reduction, tho i could be wrong.

waddicto

Smash Rookie
NNID
waddicto
i definitely feel down b startups a tiny bit sooner, so now you dont have to really predict them shooting their thing, can just react to it. also feel thee end of up b has a wii bit less ending frames, not that it really matters. possible fmsash startup frame reduction, tho i could be wrong.
If they buffed fsmash then Pit would be broken. He, Dark Pit, Marth, Lucina, and Samus are already tied for the fastest fsmash in terms of frame data, at 10 frames of startup (which makes it amazing for frame trapping considering how early it kills.)

I don't know why but I feel like dthrow has been nerfed, it seems to send people out farther at lower percents for some reason. Also I think they might've buffed Dair by making the meteor hitbox similar to Lucina's dair (the whole middle is a meteor hitbox)

Then again it could just be me not knowing the character's hitboxes that well and being surprised on how big they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom