• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit & Dark Pit Patch Tomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, funny story. I updated my other 3DS. :4dk: But my friend has two 3DS systems and he's interested in this patch changes stuff, and he tested out a bunch of stuff side-by-side. Only thing he saw on Pit was that his Dthrow KOs 2% later now, from 427% to 429%. Not the most reliable sort, but I'm trying to figure something out.

Also most other things you guys are seeing really aren't there.

Edit: Nope, Dthrow is the same.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Pit's fsmash is not good. It only has two active frames total, and isn't safe on block, so it's not something you can just throw out. It requires serious prediction and timing.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Pit's fsmash is good...if you can hit with it. Otherwise it's a liability with all that end lag. But the range (on the second hit especially) and knockback is pretty nice.

Matías Avilés

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i've been doing some testing about Fthrow for both of the characters, indeed kills later,

This was all tested in final destination ON ledge, against Mario, at 150% you get the smash spark but may not kill if DI done well
at 160 or more it's almost a 100% kill secure

As for Dark pit the results we're almost the same except Fthrow appears to be slightly better than pit's, and by slightly i mean, Really slightly,

Also an interesting thing is that Fthrow appears to not be changed by Rage effect, i checked the diference between 0% and 150%
And it's almost unnoticeable.

If anyone else can confirm please do so this goes to the main patch thread.
Forgot to add, only tested in 3DS version.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hi guys, i've been doing some testing about Fthrow for both of the characters, indeed kills later,

This was all tested in final destination ON ledge, against Mario, at 150% you get the smash spark but may not kill if DI done well
at 160 or more it's almost a 100% kill secure

As for Dark pit the results we're almost the same except Fthrow appears to be slightly better than pit's, and by slightly i mean, Really slightly,

Also an interesting thing is that Fthrow appears to not be changed by Rage effect, i checked the diference between 0% and 150%

If anyone else can confirm please do so this goes to the main patch thread.
Forgot to add, only tested in 3DS version.
Would you believe we knew this already? Yeah... It's literally one percent on the ledge, and even less on SSBU because of the blastzones. Pretty certain it's on SSBU because it seems to KO more consistently in training like that.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
We have an actual, confirmed change!

They patched the glitch where Pit would go through the stage when he'd do a getup attack and get ledge trumped at the same time in certain situations. Not that it really changes anything... Can't stall inside a stage I guess.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Were you testing it in training mode? Rage has no effect there, see if you notice the same thing in smash mode. (I have no access to my 3ds atm)

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
It really feels like Pit's Upperdash Arm kills earlier, I KO'd Shiek today twice around 110%. Both Pit and Dark Pit feel like they fall faster in the air too.

EDIT: Just killed Luigi at 105%. There's definitely a change there.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
It really feels like Pit's Upperdash Arm kills earlier, I KO'd Shiek today twice around 110%. Both Pit and Dark Pit feel like they fall faster in the air too.

EDIT: Just killed Luigi at 105%. There's definitely a change there.
Thats normal....Shiek is a really light character...There are many things like rage, or charging a smash attack etc that could've affected knockback. I don't think upperdash is stronger, if anything maybe luigi is lighter? (I highly doubt that though). Also the fall speed is probably just a placebo.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
1.0.7 is coming soon according to NoJ, and from the looks of it, there won't be any balance changes. If there is though... Ugh. Well, only way to know for sure is to see if replays get killed again. So no jumping to conclusions until then.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well, somebody took my charger so I'm stuck with one 3DS with 1/4 a battery. :/ I'll figure something out...

But comparing the data, I'm not seeing anything new. Dark Pit's pummel is still weird so I'm not thinking anything was changed on either. Infinite Jab finisher might connect more consistently, or the CPU is being strangely co-operative today. Damage is the same across the board, and the KB doesn't appear to of been changed. Not going to get into KO%s until I get my charger back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope Pit hasn't been touched, Dark Pit on the other hand don't mind.

Gabe Zune

Smash Rookie
NNID
GamerGabe93
3DS FC
0662-2508-3982
Imma see what i can find since i haven't updated my 3ds smash yet (but work is stopping me for a couple more hours).
I also agree pit is well balanced but i wouldn't complain to killing a bit earlier

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I'd just like Fsmash to connect better... I'm a bit salty at a couple games I lost because of this happening so often. I haven't really tested out the Pits in this patch so I'm still hoping.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd just like Fsmash to connect better... I'm a bit salty at a couple games I lost because of this happening so often. I haven't really tested out the Pits in this patch so I'm still hoping.
That's kinda hard to do with how little KB the first hit has already, although if they just made rage only effect the last hit of a move then we wouldn't be having this problem.

You can try to avoid it by not using it in high KB situations on heavier characters.

IrkenPPG

Smash Cadet
As a Pit main and a Dark Pit secondary, off the top of my head noothing really major comes to mind. They are upper middle tier and if they don't ouch them, I'm fine with that.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sorry to keep you wait- *shot*

No changes at all on either, not even fixing the difference in Fthrow's KO power. Unless it's been patched into the Wii U version...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit::4darkpit:

Confirmed:
  • Damage reduced Fsmash: 16%->15%
  • Damage reduced Dsmash (Front and Back): 13%->12.5%
  • Damage reduced Dtilt: 8%->6%
Unconfirmed:

Pit's Dtilt has more ending lag?
Confirm?

EDIT: Tried it out myself. It seems like CHOMPY is correct, Pit has received a very small nerf.

Last edited:

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Confirm?

EDIT: Tried it out myself. It seems like CHOMPY is correct, Pit has received a very small nerf.
Really? Damn, even after there was that quote about Sakurai wanting to buff Pit.... the dream is dead.

Ah well, at least it was only a damage decrease. Imagine if it was fsmash's knockback that was nerfed instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Confirmed to of always been that way. :estatic:
Had to check Smash 4 wiki for proof, and you're fortunately right. Sakurai won't nerf his new childeren(or adopted/stolen idk, he's a crazy dude).

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Confirm?

worrying that chompy doesn't know, guess he dropped pit for far too long?

Pit received no changes at all. and I kinda hope he never does, unless it's a very small buff. I'm very okay now with how he is now, more than ever.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Pit received no changes at all. and I kinda hope he never does, unless it's a very small buff. I'm very okay now with how he is now, more than ever.
Yeah, that's what had me curious. Guess even pros need to be corrected from time to time~ ;3

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, that's what had me curious. Guess even pros need to be corrected from time to time~ ;3
At least it's not like Nario thinking the Electroshock was KOing like 10% faster. :rolleyes:

You'd think Chompy would of been more careful with testing and placebo and stuff since Shaya put up all the warnings. Think he might of been kicked from the patch topic...

Oh yeah, there was a mechanical change worth bringing up. You can't slide off the edge while using specials that stop you, like Pit's bow or Zelda's Din's Fire. Buffed some characters (DK, Zelda), nerfed some others (Shiek, Yoshi). Yaknow how if you roll up onto the stage then Upperdash/Electroshock off again you'd slide off and cancel all the endlag? Well...

Apparently Pit and his evil twin are so resistant to change they can ignore a mechanical difference to keep a tech. :bluejump:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least it's not like Nario thinking the Electroshock was KOing like 10% faster. :rolleyes:

You'd think Chompy would of been more careful with testing and placebo and stuff since Shaya put up all the warnings. Think he might of been kicked from the patch topic...

Oh yeah, there was a mechanical change worth bringing up. You can't slide off the edge while using specials that stop you, like Pit's bow or Zelda's Din's Fire. Buffed some characters (DK, Zelda), nerfed some others (Shiek, Yoshi). Yaknow how if you roll up onto the stage then Upperdash/Electroshock off again you'd slide off and cancel all the endlag? Well...

Apparently Pit and his evil twin are so resistant to change they can ignore a mechanical difference to keep a tech. :bluejump:
Pit and Dark Pit op, don't nerf.

カワシさん

The only change I'd like Pit to have is an improved of speed regarding how fast his Guardian Orbitars come out. Other than that, I agree. I'm pretty satisfied with how Pit is now (he's one of my mains).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
All I want is some half-decent default arrows for Pittwo. They're basically even with customs, but without he's kinda a a big disadvantage. Like if instead of turning so slowly they would instead turn as quick as Pit's (or maybe faster :evil:) but have a maximum turning radius of 30º or so, so he can still be anti-camp like Pit is and still make use of fullhop arrows too.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well now, might of found something. Before I take it to the changes topic (can't test myself, friend took her 3DS back) I wanna see what you guys think. Try flubbing aerials and holding shield to test the endlag. Won't tell you what as to avoid placebo, heh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All I want is some half-decent default arrows for Pittwo. They're basically even with customs, but without he's kinda a a big disadvantage. Like if instead of turning so slowly they would instead turn as quick as Pit's (or maybe faster :evil:) but have a maximum turning radius of 30º or so, so he can still be anti-camp like Pit is and still make use of fullhop arrows too.
Sakurai might've made Pittoo's arrows to be like that, to be somewhat different to Pit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's all fine and dandy, but when he doesn't have anything good enough to make up for it, it's a problem.

And you can't slide off ledges with GOs anymore, unsurprisingly. :c
He has the edge(ow the edge) and Viridi's powers.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Well now, might of found something. Before I take it to the changes topic (can't test myself, friend took her 3DS back) I wanna see what you guys think. Try flubbing aerials and holding shield to test the endlag. Won't tell you what as to avoid placebo, heh.
Up air?

I'm used to auto cancelling though, not sure..

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Pit/DP can no longer slide of ledges/platforms with orbiters.

It's a universal change, but effects Pit/DP quite specifically.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Flaking out again...

The big changes topic got ahold of some character data and compared 1.0.4 to 1.0.8, and confirmed there's no special property/damage/KB changes, which means they haven't been (noticeably) touched since 3DS 1.0 in that reguard.

Problem is that endlag/ISAS/ACs are in different files. Yaknow, the really subjective stuff that's really stinkin' hard to accurately determine. Hoping for a breakthrough since I don't have access to an unupdated 3DS anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom