• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit dair spikes?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
people are saying they have spiked with the dair but say it has tiny tiny hit box is this true?
I've done it. only once, in classic mode. I'm not a pit player otherwise, but the few times I've played him and the multiple times I've played against him, I've never seen it repeated... it must have nearly impossible timing/sweetspotting.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
hmm how did you do it or if not known can u give ur position and yur oponets position was ur opponent cpu or human who was ur opponent playing as and on what stage just trying to get info.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmm how did you do it or if not known can u give ur position and yur oponets position was ur opponent cpu or human who was ur opponent playing as and on what stage just trying to get info.
I can't remember exactly.... it might have actually been Pit's stage. it was most definitely a CPU though, because it was in classic mode. I'm pretty sure that my opponent was directly beneath me, but it's been over a mnth now, so I'm not exactly sure about the specifics.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
If it was Skyworld possibly they might have been spiked by hitting the stage.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember exactly.... it might have actually been Pit's stage. it was most definitely a CPU though, because it was in classic mode. I'm pretty sure that my opponent was directly beneath me, but it's been over a mnth now, so I'm not exactly sure about the specifics.
hmm ok if u rember anything tell me

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
The hitbox is when the blades come together. The timing is near impossible for me to do outside of 1/4 speed. Just RAR into Bair, much more reliable

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If it was Skyworld possibly they might have been spiked by hitting the stage.

no... one thing I'm POSITIVE about is that I was off the edge by enough of a distance that there was no chance of stage interference.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
In that case (you weren't close enough for stage interference), Mike is probably right. I've never done it myself. In fact, I thought only one blade was being swung, not two.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Probably. Like any move. Start in 1/4, than 2/3. I don't think it'd be worth it IMO.
imo i think if u could get could at it it could be a good tool altho if you mess up it put them on top for gimp-edge-guard- edge hog altho its like imposible to edge hog him lol cause beastily recovery

sagemoon

Smash Lord
If it can be done at 1/4th its very possible. How strong of a spike is this though? That should be taken into consideration for it to be applicable. In melee a lot of ppl thought roys spike was hard. It really wasnt though. The only problem was that he couldnt do it off the ledge w/o killing himself.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I would like for this to work, however, I don't think his blades cross and I can't manage how to do it a 1/4.

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
I've only replicated it once. and you're right the blades don't cross, I don't know why it looked like it to me.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya from what I have read in other thread it spikes when both blades come together. I've never done it myself so I don't know how strong of A spike it is but it should be better then hitting them up most of the time.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ya from what I have read in other thread it spikes when both blades come together. I've never done it myself so I don't know how strong of A spike it is but it should be better then hitting them up most of the time.
True but I hope to be proven wrong

kown

Smash Lord
thats what we are all wondering where the hitbox is we think its on the tip. no video cause its very hard to recreate srry
me n sage practiced this for like 20 minutes and sage has put an extra hour into this.

it never looked like a spike once.

also note depending on the direction pit's facing dair starts at different ends.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
me n sage practiced this for like 20 minutes and sage has put an extra hour into this.

it never looked like a spike once.

also note depending on the direction pit's facing dair starts at different ends.
yeh same wit me i tryed for like 20 minutes wit no result:lick:

sagemoon

Smash Lord
probably down tilt. That spikes. Anyways I've come to a conclusion that this doesnt work after getting glancing hits at the tip while trying this. My only explanation as to argue the original post was that it was a smash DI down when the dair hit.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
probably down tilt. That spikes. Anyways I've come to a conclusion that this doesnt work after getting glancing hits at the tip while trying this. My only explanation as to argue the original post was that it was a smash DI down when the dair hit.
the DI might not have even been down maybe he died side ways or something who knows.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Could it have been a foot stool jump? Cause while messing around with it i kept footstool jumping on accident. once or twice i couldnt even tell i jumpped. The foots stool jump animation for pit can be canceled out completely if timed correctly with a Dair.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Could it have been a foot stool jump? Cause while messing around with it i kept footstool jumping on accident. once or twice i couldnt even tell i jumpped. The foots stool jump animation for pit can be canceled out completely if timed correctly with a Dair.
very possible prolly best theroy so far.

Top Bottom