• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit cheap?

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
people call Pit,the person who would have been an ******* if fell off an easy recovery

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i get the same thing when i play as pit "the only reason you beat me is because i pit is broken" im sick of it marth is good too MK is way fast there all good guys to play

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
You notice most of the people who say that pit isn't cheap are the people who play him?

Read the posts. So many time you see "My friends say... but I'm just that good." See a pattern?

I played him, I played everyone else. He is the cheapest. KrazyKaiju states all the reasons, they are all unarguable. And just because you can find a way to get around the arrows by dodging or rolling or whatever, doesn't mean that they should be ignored as a potential. Example, if a character did Tabuu's red rings... "but you can spot dodge them," wouldn't be a good argument. The arrows put added pressure on the other character to be better - making Pit cheap.

Sometimes for fun my friends bring snakes's nikita around the mirror shield to hit me in the back/drop it on top of me, while simultaneously snake's diving into me. I reflect snake's body... The nikita blows up on my back with no damage... = broken. Pit is cheap.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I think i just died laughing, pit is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not cheap at all... he just has a insane recovery and super spamable and directed projectile and a down b that can reflect and cancel out attacks :psycho:

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes for fun my friends bring snakes's nikita around the mirror shield to hit me in the back/drop it on top of me, while simultaneously snake's diving into me. I reflect snake's body... The nikita blows up on my back with no damage... = broken. Pit is cheap.
Funny thing is I can do the same with falco only landing snake on his ***, everything you described can be done by falco and he has an even better recovery.

Go whine about the blue bird first.

Lol it's down right ridiculous how this board is. People say to come here to become a better player and yet with these many people whining about two moves which are avoidable it seems like a noob fest in reality.

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Funny thing is I can do the same with falco only landing snake on his ***, everything you described can be done by falco and he has an even better recovery.

Go whine about the blue bird first.

Lol it's down right ridiculous how this board is. People say to come here to become a better player and yet with these many people whining about two moves which are avoidable it seems like a noob fest in reality.
Haha, just chillax dude. I'll admit that I'm one of those who says "Pit is cheap" (See my earlier post for explanation), but there's a difference between saying it in a constructive way and an unconstructive one.

Constructive: When you say something on the boards constructively, all of your feelings are concise and clear. Everyone knows what you mean. On top of that,you attempt to back up your feelings with examples. Finally, you clearly acknowledge any differences between personal feelings and fact. Let's take this "Pit is cheap" talk for an example. When I say he's cheap, I say he's overpowered (which was perhaps unclear). I attempt to back up my feelings with personal experience. This may be somewhat incorrect because I have only played the game for a week.

I haven't made my feelings about Pit personal at all. When I play Pit-users, I just take pleasure in the extra challenge, win or lose. But I post my feelings to try to help others who get frustrated.

Unconstructive: This is the polar opposite. A post that says "Pit is cheap." says very little about the poster's feelings. Plus, in such a comment, the poster fails to give concrete examples and fails to differentiate between feelings and fact. Some "unconstructive" posts can have the examples, but they fail to take on an impassive tone and may occasionally don a fiery persona. This just spreads the hate and doesn't accomplish many positive things.

(Sorry to offend anyone who has ever made an "Unconstructive" remark in this sense. I'm not one for spreading the hate, and I just feel like it's often perpetuated by frequent misunderstandings.)

Happy smashing, and happy posting! :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sometimes I resort to using Pit if my other mains cant handle the opponent. This helps me out and I wont call him cheap. It certainly teaches my Ike-playing friend a lesson on why he should not mess with Bowser.
For some reason I think I play better with Pit than I do with Bowser... but i wont give up on either one.

Pit isnt cheap, he's just very versatile, with the Arrows and the 2 reflectors and the ability to glide. It's not like he gots the weight or Power of which Bowser has.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm pretty much done fighting a nonexistent debate. Only going to offer advice on this subject because it's pretty pointless <,< it's like debating as to why WoW isn't the greatest MMO people make it out to be. Oh well I already gave my advice on another topic of this matter. Happy arguing/debating/whining peeps!

Boxob

Smash Champion
Pit requirs the least amount of skill to get the a large amount of results, pit is cheap. Even his "flaw" can be avoided if you're smart about recovering. Him and Metaknight need a good whack with the nerf bat.

TyloTP

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Pit is a Good Character, not a Cheap character.

There is no cheap character in Brawl,
it all depends on skill.
Honestly if I started pwning with Gameandwatch people would start calling him cheap. this applies to every character.

Top Bottom