• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Camper Matchup. Halp.

Avenu

Smash Cadet
Hurro. I have a huge problem: my friend's Pit.

His Pit is just super annoying so I'm hoping you can provide me with a few pointers. All he does is shoot arrows as much as he can and takes advantage of every opportunity to shoot arrows at me - he's a lame camper. I shield all his arrows as I walk towards him but once I get close enough he just smashes away like crazy. It's very predictable but I still can't seem to find a way to get around it. It seems albeit weird since I obliterated his MK (was his main before he started using pit) plenty of times on my Lucas.

His forward b is also very annoying due to me not being a master of DI yet (if you can even get out of it). Any way I'm hoping to get some insight or pointers and the sort. I usually use Sheik against his Pit. Also, any other recommended characters besides MK and Snake?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
This kind of question usually goes to the question/answer thread (which is stickied).

Since you know that he is going to spam arrows at you and then smashes when you get close, just power shield your way to him. Then, when you get close, you can either stay out of his smash range and punish or you and shield the smash and then punish. Do not DI toward Pit when you are in his side B, you will just eat extra damage. DI away. Gimp his recovery with aerials and needles, especially if he uses his up B.

A character that can easily stop him camping is Fox. Just leave your shine up until he stops shooting arrows. Then, you can shoot your lasers to try and get him to approach, but don't spam them because Pit has his down B.

Avenu

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips. The thing with Pit is even if you crawl, he can still direct them towards you and I find it pretty hard sometimes to crawl to a smash and instead get dsmashed in the face isntead lol.

Top Bottom