• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit a noob chacters?

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Hey I played the game for about a week with Olimar and Lucas as my characters and I played with a friend for the first time and he used Pit and held his own really well. My perception is he is easy to start with. However I use Pit as my 3rd and I killed him because I had time to learn about his more advanced feel. Point is this I think he is easy to pick up but hard to master. Also the point is a good player will find a way around it. Pit is a really great character and he shouldn't be written off as a noob character because good players will play him well because they worked at it not because he is an easy character.

Fidelaratus

Smash Rookie
You people are ********. The man made a thread and wanted to discuss a topic, and the only thing you two dolts can do is mock his spelling and effort. God forbid someone post a topic and not spell every word exactly correct. We meager humans should bow to your greatness!

*All hail the great Lords of the Smash Forums! We praise and worship your ability to visit a thread and mock it without giving any actual insight*

...quite a skill to be had. This is a forum to share information and improve knowledge of the game. Get off your self-made pedestals and realize that not everyone can be a spelling Nazi or entertain you at all times. The forums are here to help people get their questions answered, not so that they can be mocked into hating the internet and people.

----------------------------------------

Hey Kotah,

...excuse my ranting, but people really need to learn that just because a word is misspelled, that it doesn't mean the end of civilized life as we know it. I however, as a person with an IQ over 50 and a soul, was able to read and understand your questions.

Personally, I don't think he's a n00b character. He's annoying as hell to fight against with his arrows, but that doesn't make him easy to use or broken. His major flaw comes in two areas, he's light as hell, and his save is VERY exploitable. People most likely complain about him and say he's a n00b character because the arrows are fast, have great range and control and can pelt people from afar, but those that whine about that simply have no idea how to dodge in this game. Also, arrows can do all the damage you want, but they wont kill, and all of Pit's kill moves are in close combat melee range, where his light frame makes him the weakest. His Forward+B reflects projectiles, yes, but has MASSIVE lag afterwards if you miss. He gets four jumps and a glide, which gives him great air maneuverability, but he has almost NO MOVES to protect him from being hit below. Sure the arrows are easy to use, but that aiming takes practice and strategy to use at the right time, sweet spotting his BAir for the kill takes precision.

, Many characters will look like they are n00b or broken in the beginning, but people will develop counter strategies VERY quickly against overplayed characters, and before you know it, the once n00b character anyone can play will turn into the character the no one can do anything with because everyone knows their secrets. As the last game proved, tiers change ALL the time in Smash. I can remember a time when Marth was marked as a bad character, yet ended up being close to the top, if not THE top above Sheik, the character that everyone thought was God tier. And even then, eventually sheik was knocked off her pedestal as players developed the other "Medium" tier characters. I remember quite a few matches where top level players won with Donkey Kong or Dr.Mario. Brawl overall, is a LOT more balanced, and Pit particularly in my eyes is NOT imbalanced or a n00b character at all. In the hands of a skilled character, any character becomes useful. Pit is no different, he's probably regarded in the way he is because people play him most frequently, but as more people get the game and new strategies and such are found, some will be turned off by the fact that Pit can be easily killed by Pikachu at 70% health, or that a single projectile will smack him out of his Up+B and cause him to plummet to his death.

In the end, play the character that you want to play and master them. In my opinion, Pit's no easier to master with all of his ins and outs of playing then any other character that you will play for hours on end and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more if you ignore the tier hype and play the character you want to play because you think they are awesome. I was a Sheik player in melee and she got HELLA-NERFED this version, but i still play her as a secondary to Pit because she's a friggin ninja and Ninja ROCK!

Just remember, n00bs are predictable. Anything that ever kills them will always be overpowered or broken, and anything that they use to kill, but fail with, will be underpowered and useless.

Hopefully this ramble helps answer your question. Peace
What a great and well thought out post. I admire the time you took to type this. Sadly, I cannot say anything that would strengthen your argument but give some kudos to you.

Cheers. <3

Top Bottom