• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit a noob chacters?

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
a lot of people are dissing pit sayiung anyone can pick him up and own with him then other people say that but you can still get better then people say he isnt a noob characters and takes skill anyone have the game want to give me there opinion

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
You people are ********. The man made a thread and wanted to discuss a topic, and the only thing you two dolts can do is mock his spelling and effort. God forbid someone post a topic and not spell every word exactly correct. We meager humans should bow to your greatness!

*All hail the great Lords of the Smash Forums! We praise and worship your ability to visit a thread and mock it without giving any actual insight*

...quite a skill to be had. This is a forum to share information and improve knowledge of the game. Get off your self-made pedestals and realize that not everyone can be a spelling Nazi or entertain you at all times. The forums are here to help people get their questions answered, not so that they can be mocked into hating the internet and people.

----------------------------------------

Hey Kotah,

...excuse my ranting, but people really need to learn that just because a word is misspelled, that it doesn't mean the end of civilized life as we know it. I however, as a person with an IQ over 50 and a soul, was able to read and understand your questions.

Personally, I don't think he's a n00b character. He's annoying as hell to fight against with his arrows, but that doesn't make him easy to use or broken. His major flaw comes in two areas, he's light as hell, and his save is VERY exploitable. People most likely complain about him and say he's a n00b character because the arrows are fast, have great range and control and can pelt people from afar, but those that whine about that simply have no idea how to dodge in this game. Also, arrows can do all the damage you want, but they wont kill, and all of Pit's kill moves are in close combat melee range, where his light frame makes him the weakest. His Forward+B reflects projectiles, yes, but has MASSIVE lag afterwards if you miss. He gets four jumps and a glide, which gives him great air maneuverability, but he has almost NO MOVES to protect him from being hit below. Sure the arrows are easy to use, but that aiming takes practice and strategy to use at the right time, sweet spotting his BAir for the kill takes precision.

, Many characters will look like they are n00b or broken in the beginning, but people will develop counter strategies VERY quickly against overplayed characters, and before you know it, the once n00b character anyone can play will turn into the character the no one can do anything with because everyone knows their secrets. As the last game proved, tiers change ALL the time in Smash. I can remember a time when Marth was marked as a bad character, yet ended up being close to the top, if not THE top above Sheik, the character that everyone thought was God tier. And even then, eventually sheik was knocked off her pedestal as players developed the other "Medium" tier characters. I remember quite a few matches where top level players won with Donkey Kong or Dr.Mario. Brawl overall, is a LOT more balanced, and Pit particularly in my eyes is NOT imbalanced or a n00b character at all. In the hands of a skilled character, any character becomes useful. Pit is no different, he's probably regarded in the way he is because people play him most frequently, but as more people get the game and new strategies and such are found, some will be turned off by the fact that Pit can be easily killed by Pikachu at 70% health, or that a single projectile will smack him out of his Up+B and cause him to plummet to his death.

In the end, play the character that you want to play and master them. In my opinion, Pit's no easier to master with all of his ins and outs of playing then any other character that you will play for hours on end and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more if you ignore the tier hype and play the character you want to play because you think they are awesome. I was a Sheik player in melee and she got HELLA-NERFED this version, but i still play her as a secondary to Pit because she's a friggin ninja and Ninja ROCK!

Just remember, n00bs are predictable. Anything that ever kills them will always be overpowered or broken, and anything that they use to kill, but fail with, will be underpowered and useless.

Hopefully this ramble helps answer your question. Peace

S2

Smash Lord
I can see the argument.

Pit is a very easy to pick up and play character (as I said in another topic). But just because he's popular with new players doesn't mean he's a bad character.

Ultimately he'll be ranked by how good he is, not by his popularity with casuals.

Cinder

Smash Master
@Cobra: I'm sorry, but this is just too much...it must be said...

Judging by your spelling, I'd say you're a n00b XD...

Now, as for the topic: being easy for new players to pick up has NO effect on how good they are...look at Sheik...she isn't exactly impossible to master...same with Marth...Pit's looking to high/top tier...nothing else can be said...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I dont really think pit will be easy at all to master, and thanks for defending my clan buddy, Cobra :].

And people who are trying to "diss" people with bad spelling, please piss off, ever heard of dislectic people, or people who arn't that old yet?

Cobra

Smash Journeyman

Now, as for the topic: being easy for new players to pick up has NO effect on how good they are...look at Sheik...she isn't exactly impossible to master...same with Marth...Pit's looking to high/top tier...nothing else can be said...
Thanks for proving my point. Obviously I am a n00b because I spelled a few words out of 2000 characters incorrectly. Kudos to finding the tiny errors in my assessment...you have proven me useless and incompetent at Smash.

...In response to your second comment I do not believe Pit will be Top tier, he's really not that easy to use and the save is easily exploited when coming from below.. But even with that being said, I believe it is FAR too early to start predicting the tiers. In 2 months, when the game is actually released in America and everyone has played it to hell...then the tier system can come into play. But they will always be in flux.

,just my opinion though,...we are all entitled to them. regardless, I'll be playing Pit as a main because the swording is hawt.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I'm not here to flame you, but I just wanted to say, it was a bit hard to understand what was going on without punctuation.

Anyways, I see what you mean. I guess Pit is kind of like Marth. Anyone can use him and immediately start beating others because he's just easy to pick up.

But I believe that that's not completely true. A person without past SSB experience would probably have a hard time killing people with Pit, especially when his side b does nothing to hit, up b is flying around, down b is a shield and neutral b cannot kill.

Pit isn't a character where you can constantly spam attacks and will win in the end, because he can't kill as easy as the other characters.

In conclusion, I guess Pit is semi-easy to pic up, but in order to use him well, it still will take a lot of skill.

(It would be annoying to have some one who just flys around with pit though, I hate those people, it's like peach at hyrule temple.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
i think pretty much any character takes skill to master regardless of how easy it is to be decent with them.
but look, it is useless to come to a thread and JUST mock its grammar. But, it DOES makes the OP look kind of stupid to not even use the built in spell checker...

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman

Edit:Regarding the first part: He forgot to pluralize Ninjas. That's about it. What the hell are you talking about

Regarding the second part: Wtf? Sheik and Marth are both easy to pick up and very good characters. Very bad examples when you're trying to say that ease of playstyle has no effect on how good a character is.

Unless of course you're talking about Brawl, in which case Sheik is hard to pick up, due to her lack of combos, her lack of good knockback, and lack of basically anything besides mobility, and also very hard to play as.

Edit:Your post really ultimately makes no sense

But seriously, what are you trying to say?

Oh and to be on topic: Pit definitely seems to be the type of character new players will gravitate towards. Regardless, as Cobra pointed out, n00bs will always play as n00bs. If you stick to Pit and master him, it really doesn't matter how anyone else plays.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
i think pretty much any character takes skill to master regardless of how easy it is to be decent with them.
but look, it is useless to come to a thread and JUST mock its grammar. But, it DOES makes the OP look kind of stupid to not even use the built in spell checker...
Alright guys...I'm gonna say this once more and hope it sinks in.

IT SHOULDN'T MATTER HOW THINGS ARE SPELLED. The man asked a question on the forums. he wanted our opinions on Pit. it doesn't matter how his post is written, or if he used the spell checker...if you have a constructive comment to make, make it. calling the thread creator STUPID, is both rude and uncalled for. We all know what he was saying, and we were all able to answer him...obviously the post was good enough for him to convey what he wanted to ask.

...after that, any slings or arrows thrown at him are immature and not appropriate for a friendly forums. Also, if you've read his posts, it's obvious he hasn't played much before, if ever, so obviously is is going to be a newbie. but that's no reason to call him a n00b, since that carries with it a derogatory tone that's just not needed,l especially for someone who's just trying to get as much information on the game and on Pit as possible.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I don't have it but my friend does. Pit isn't that easy to use, like some people think. Using him is basically like using Link, but with wings.

Easiest characters would be ZSS, Toon Link, Shiek (again) or Metaknight.
I disagree.

First of all, Link and Pit are nothing alike. Their arrows are completely different. Link has 3 projectiles, Pit has 1. Link's shield blocks attacks automatically, Pit's is a Down+B and reflects projectiles. and then after that, they are different in more ways then I can say. They call to be played completely differently and their body weights and force knockback kill moves are completely different as well.

Second, Sheik is in no way easy to play anymore. Especially not to play and win with. she's got the same speed, but all of her force knock back, comboing and kill moves were NERFED NERFED NERFED. She is WAYYY harder to play with and win now. But she is still a Ninja.

...then finally, I don't think ZSS is easy to play either. She's got the range of a sword user with none of the knockback, unless you are using an aerial. she has very little defense, and despite the fact that she's not really a ranged character, she has a ranged grab. also, the game COMPLETELY screwed over tethered saves anymore. You can no longer tether to any side of a board. The game auto-tracks the tether to the edge, and regardless of whether or not you hit them off the edge as they edge hog, the tether will NOT attach. So saving with her is a lot harder .

...at least, this is what I've observed by playing Pit,Sheik,and ZSS as my 3 mains. also, I've playe da lot of Pit vs link, and they are fundamentally and completely different.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
You people are ********. The man made a thread and wanted to discuss a topic, and the only thing you two dolts can do is mock his spelling and effort. God forbid someone post a topic and not spell every word exactly correct. We meager humans should bow to your greatness!

*All hail the great Lords of the Smash Forums! We praise and worship your ability to visit a thread and mock it without giving any actual insight*

...quite a skill to be had. This is a forum to share information and improve knowledge of the game. Get off your self-made pedestals and realize that not everyone can be a spelling Nazi or entertain you at all times. The forums are here to help people get their questions answered, not so that they can be mocked into hating the internet and people.

----------------------------------------

Hey Kotah,

...excuse my ranting, but people really need to learn that just because a word is misspelled, that it doesn't mean the end of civilized life as we know it. I however, as a person with an IQ over 50 and a soul, was able to read and understand your questions.

Personally, I don't think he's a n00b character. He's annoying as hell to fight against with his arrows, but that doesn't make him easy to use or broken. His major flaw comes in two areas, he's light as hell, and his save is VERY exploitable. People most likely complain about him and say he's a n00b character because the arrows are fast, have great range and control and can pelt people from afar, but those that whine about that simply have no idea how to dodge in this game. Also, arrows can do all the damage you want, but they wont kill, and all of Pit's kill moves are in close combat melee range, where his light frame makes him the weakest. His Forward+B reflects projectiles, yes, but has MASSIVE lag afterwards if you miss. He gets four jumps and a glide, which gives him great air maneuverability, but he has almost NO MOVES to protect him from being hit below. Sure the arrows are easy to use, but that aiming takes practice and strategy to use at the right time, sweet spotting his BAir for the kill takes precision.

, Many characters will look like they are n00b or broken in the beginning, but people will develop counter strategies VERY quickly against overplayed characters, and before you know it, the once n00b character anyone can play will turn into the character the no one can do anything with because everyone knows their secrets. As the last game proved, tiers change ALL the time in Smash. I can remember a time when Marth was marked as a bad character, yet ended up being close to the top, if not THE top above Sheik, the character that everyone thought was God tier. And even then, eventually sheik was knocked off her pedestal as players developed the other "Medium" tier characters. I remember quite a few matches where top level players won with Donkey Kong or Dr.Mario. Brawl overall, is a LOT more balanced, and Pit particularly in my eyes is NOT imbalanced or a n00b character at all. In the hands of a skilled character, any character becomes useful. Pit is no different, he's probably regarded in the way he is because people play him most frequently, but as more people get the game and new strategies and such are found, some will be turned off by the fact that Pit can be easily killed by Pikachu at 70% health, or that a single projectile will smack him out of his Up+B and cause him to plummet to his death.

In the end, play the character that you want to play and master them. In my opinion, Pit's no easier to master with all of his ins and outs of playing then any other character that you will play for hours on end and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more if you ignore the tier hype and play the character you want to play because you think they are awesome. I was a Sheik player in melee and she got HELLA-NERFED this version, but i still play her as a secondary to Pit because she's a friggin ninja and Ninja ROCK!

Just remember, n00bs are predictable. Anything that ever kills them will always be overpowered or broken, and anything that they use to kill, but fail with, will be underpowered and useless.

Hopefully this ramble helps answer your question. Peace
thanks for that

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sheik is still easy to play. Just play her differently. Only u-air and f-air got nerfed. Everything else got better, including her tilts.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I dont really think pit will be easy at all to master, and thanks for defending my clan buddy, Cobra :].

And people who are trying to "diss" people with bad spelling, please piss off, ever heard of dislectic people, or people who arn't that old yet?
thanks im not dislectic im just careless im 13 so age isnt issue its just im lazy lol yeh thanks for support im sick of people so concerned about spelling jeez like cobra said if u have an IQ over 50 u can tell what i mean

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is still easy to play. Just play her differently. Only u-air and f-air got nerfed. Everything else got better, including her tilts.
Well, I will agree with you that her overall moveset is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up, but playing her WELL is still somewhat difficult with the nerfs leaving her very few kill moves. Besides, Her UAir and FAir were not the only things to be nerfed. Her FTilt does not launch as well as it did in the past, and her DAir is NOTHING like what it was before. BAIR is aboutt he same as before and USmash is about the same as well, maybe a little stronger.

...it is possible that I am simply not seeing the beauty of the DAir, in which case I would love to be enlightened, but I don't think it's as good of a move as it was before. It is defintely slower then you would think it is, and you have decent lag coming out of it.

,also, you can't say that the needles got better, they're still ****ed good, btu they do take longer to execute for single shots. Her teleport got better for sure thoguh, I can remeber killing someone at about 130% with it the other day. Also her chain, although it is nice that it CAN tether, I can see VERY few situations when you'd use it instead of the teleport, and as I've mentioned earlier tethers in this game got absolutely SCREWED by the game's new physics.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so her needles don't cancel and d-air is laggier, too.

Her tilts are better because they hit you up towards instead of up and away, which makes DIing out practically impossible. CCing being gone means you can't just CC her combo starters until high percent like you can in Melee. Her f-smash can kill now. Her u-smash doesn't need to tipper to kill now.

Her only nerf is the new physics preventing easy and long combos, but she's still amazing.

pman154

Smash Rookie
I, personally like to think of Pit as going to be one of the higher tiers, but that depends. I haven't play the game yet, but Pit does look really cool. But people will hate on Pit, because they know he's better than their mains, and they want everyone else to stop playing him.

FuryX

Smash Cadet
In my opinion any character can just be picked up and used. There is no such thing as a noob character because even the worst characters can be used to kill top tiers and it depends on how you use the character that would make it a noob character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
From what I see, Pit is a versatile character with melee attacks, a ranged attack (the arrows), and a defensive attack (the Shield). The difficult part is using the moves efficiently while battling pros. To me, Pit isn't a noobish character; he just has a good variety of moves, making Pit somewhat hard to master, but that's just my opinion.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
You know: people can still be intelligent when they use bad spelling. They're many reasons why his spelling could be bad: 1. He's young 2. He's not intelligent 3. He's maby not from England or Amerika? So please stop with the hate on people who can't spell like a god.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
ok... i think this argument has to end... Every Character has their niche ability. i main Pit and G & W. people think that Pit is a noob character i don't care... i sit there and say nothing... but then i switch to G & W to play and all of a sudden G & W is a noob character. every character has some form that certain people can exploit. i personally think that Pit is kind of hard to master. great against noob kids, great against new brawlers. harder to get through once people understand the mechanics of the game. i use to kill marths' and ikes' easily. but they have found a way to keep me on my toes... Pit doesn't have the best range and ability to kill. but he does have a way to rack up damage. my friend mains ike. he had such a hard time with me before but now that he has learned how to use his ike and reduce the lag in all his attacks i have had a harder time killing him. his range is 3-4 times longer than my down tilt. all he has to do to aproach me is heavy shield walk. heavy shield walk.. thats where creativity comes in for a pit player.

*no character is broken or n00by*

*dont hate the char, hate the playa*

=D

CurryLad

Smash Cadet
I am just afraid that ill use up b to return but die because some laser/turnip/needle/boomerang/bomb/arrow/item/person hits me. That is one fear i have yet to overcome. i plan on using gliding a lot in the game as the primary means to recover.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
I am just afraid that ill use up b to return but die because some laser/turnip/needle/boomerang/bomb/arrow/item/person hits me. That is one fear i have yet to overcome. i plan on using gliding a lot in the game as the primary means to recover.
good choice. make sure to use the full ability of glide. 0 lag on atack landing and second atack,.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
No, pit is NOT a noob character. Prove everyone that says that wrong by showing them how you mastered your arrows. That's what I do. It usually shuts them up.

Pit is sexy. Peace.

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
I think almost anyone will be able to use Pit adequately, however I think very few people will be able to fully MASTER Pit.

jaycee00

Smash Cadet
Pit is great. Couple good things about him is his f+smash is spammable alllll day and alllll night. The range is slightly longer than it looks, and the first hit connecting almost always guarentees the second one will, even if they are at the very edge of your blade.
Arrows are awesome for ****ing up everyone's recovery, provided your aim is good.

But some bad things, his b and f-airs have a slight slight delay to coming out, so it can be hard to use against attacks that come out instantly.

Up+b recovery can be problematic. It isn't totally gimped because your mobility is pretty high. Combine it with some fancy flying and you can recover...or just fly under the stage if you can.

And another thing, all aerials have high landing lag if they are fast falled, which I need to stop doing but havent due to habits...

Um, can't think of anything else...cept maybe his tilts aren't awesome. Up is kinda weak/small hitbox, down has large lag, and forward has good range, but a noticeable amount of startup/ending lag.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Pit is a great n00b character. His recovery is easy to do and he as great projectile spam. Definitely one of the easier characters to pick up.

raffae

Smash Rookie
you can kinda say every charecter is a noob charecter i mean think about it.... when noobs start to play they dont use advance techniques and they only use there special and there A moves. pit isnt as easy as he looks. most is powerfull moves del with combos and such. so no dnt think pit is a noob chareter any charecter can be

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
Pit is a great n00b character. His recovery is easy to do and he as great projectile spam. Definitely one of the easier characters to pick up.
nah... his recovery is his downfall. when he glides he can only atack his forward.jump on top of him and jump off his head and he will have to up B A tap and he cant recover anymore.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
pit will be easy to pick up because of his fast A moves and his flying, along with spamming his light arrows, although to get good with him I have noticed that many people have learned extensive techniques with arrows. His combos need to be timed correctly and hit or he will be punished, and punished he will be with his light weight.

Top Bottom