• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions! Melee in Dallas Fort Worth

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
normal is going to a tekken event for tekken and a capcom fanboy event for streetfighter marvel sfxt etc. not going to a smash tournament to play on 1-2 setups in a small tournament.
Most fgc tournaments include multiple games, and it isn't uncommon for them to run capcom, snk, and multiple other games in the same venue at the same time. Smash is pretty much the only community that runs exclusively just the one series.

the best part about sitting around not being able to play smash at a smash tournament because lack of setups is watching people who are bad at melee never get better and sit there and play marvel
Any setups used for marvel or p4a aren't going to take away from melee setups, they run on different consoles and you'll pretty much never see people playing marvel or p4a on a crt.

$5 each. I haven't determined payouts for these and it does depend on entrants. Anyone in the FGC know what's normal?
Just do what you do for smash events. Though I sincerely doubt you're even going to fill an 8 man bracket for either of these, given you're not advertising to the fgc about this. Just doesn't seem like most smashers around here also play fighting games... All the same, Pfhor and I should be there, probably with both a melee and p4a setup.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Just do what you do for smash events. Though I sincerely doubt you're even going to fill an 8 man bracket for either of these, given you're not advertising to the fgc about this. Just doesn't seem like most smashers around here also play fighting games... All the same, Pfhor and I should be there, probably with both a melee and p4a setup.
I'm just a bit worried that if I do advertise to the FGC, I won't be able to handle the volume and complication since it's my first time hosting a multigame tourney. If it goes well, I'll consider upping advertising to really get a crowd in. Not to be all defensive and stuff, just trying to explain.

Payouts will be:
<8 80/20
>8 60/30/10

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Can anyone house a car of three people from Austin? JF has a broken foot and will need some special care. Just FYI. Dunno if that helps our situation or not. Also doing a $10 MM with aethlon in PM. Get ready for some crazy **** y'all!

:phone:

AustinRC

Smash Lord
OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH KAILO34CE! You are so cool and funny and good at smash! DON'T FORGET SUPER SMART TOO!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone house a car of three people from Austin? JF has a broken foot and will need some special care. Just FYI. Dunno if that helps our situation or not. Also doing a $10 MM with aethlon in PM. Get ready for some crazy **** y'all!

Alright, Arc and crew are taken care of. At this point everyone should be set on housing. If you haven't talked to me directly, then I no have anything for you :(

assuming we get ample entrants will there be pools and an amateur bracket?

and is brinstar really not on the stage list? that is like dallas's signature stage
Depending on entrants and how I'm feeling, there will probably be pools and a novice bracket (re: most likely). Haven't heard much hubbub about finals RR so I'll probably just stick with normal bracket format

Yeah I took it off, it didn't seem to add much to the game or the Texas/Dallas scene.

And I'm getting pretty pumped about this guys! Tons of free **** coming your way and it should be a nice time. Er...I hope you guys like GameStop shirts :p

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
btw about the whole RR top 5-8, i think people would be down for it if you asked

of course it would have to be orchestrated in a way that the winner was determined in the final set, for maximum hype. (hype is something tournaments outside of dallas usually have)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Yay!! (well not yay because you can't fit Kosmos, but yay that OK is coming!)
oya? im pretty sure that was a YAY no kosy haha jk we are excited. someone get me a job so i can make peope happy ! i know.,... people can pay me to throw matches ^.^ wait... im not M2K. damn

garrR

Smash Apprentice
what console is mvc3 on! i'm leaving in 15 minutes and i don't know which stick to bring :(

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
I have two UMvC3 setups on the 360 and one P4A on the PS3. The rest will depend on what others people bring.

Top Bottom