• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pillaring with fox

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's just because of his Short hop probably..I can do both with the same ease so I can't really answer your question.

I only skimmed through this thread, but if you're so concerned with getting someone's sheild broken, learn to infinite JC shine. If you don't want their shield broken, garb.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so by waveshining in place you mean what i was saying about just jumping and dodging immediately into the ground right? it's not really a wavedash since you don't move

G@BE

Smash Lord
This may have been answered but i did not read the whole thread. But why does pilliaring with falco come some much easier for me then with fox.... Fox's short hop is a gimp peice a poo
So you know someone should help me out here and answer my question?

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
hrm. this "dacheezwizard" intrigues me. Haven't seen any vids yet- hows he compare to PC chris and bombsoldier? I need links, now ^.^

Giggidax

Smash Ace
fox can get grabbed even if he drill shines. have u not seen a falco shine a fox while the fox was trying to drillshine the falco? almost the same concept except with a shield grab. cuz fox's dair kinda sux if not timed correctly

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
This thread reminded me of something that makes me lol.

During a match, just start running around the stage SH'ing drillshines over and over again. Go crazy. Your opponent will most likely freak out and start to shield like mad. It's funny to watch. I think it's mostly they're scared of being hit, not to mention the weird DRRRRRR PING DRRRRRRR PING sound it makes.

This thread reminded me of something that makes me lol.

During a match, just start running around the stage SH'ing drillshines over and over again. Go crazy. Your opponent will most likely freak out and start to shield like mad. It's funny to watch. I think it's mostly they're scared of being hit, not to mention the weird DRRRRRR PING DRRRRRRR PING sound it makes.
Lol,mindgames.^^

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
fox can get grabbed even if he drill shines. have u not seen a falco shine a fox while the fox was trying to drillshine the falco? almost the same concept except with a shield grab. cuz fox's dair kinda sux if not timed correctly
From what I have observed, Fox and Falco's pillaring can potentially be shield-grabbed. Even if it is done "perfectly" there are still openings for potential shield-grabs if all they do is d-air -> shine -> d-air -> shine in a repetitive motion. I believe, however, that they can also potentially prevent themselves from being shield-grabbed if they can see the grab coming (or expect it through mindgames) and attack quickly enough with the shine or d-air to prevent it. Needless to say, this is very difficult to do for most people.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
pillaring w/falco is easier than w/fox for two reasons:

1) falco's short hop is much easier to execute
2) it is easier to cancel falco's dair b/c it only hits once, whereas fox's dair can hit multiple times.

that being said, multishining probably makes more sense, but why are you trying to pillar w/fox anyway.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
So JC shines are the best way of breaking a shield with fox? or at least the way that it's the most possible.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I think so-- fox's dair is harder to cancel b/c the timing is variable pending how many hits you connect. i think shining shield would be more consistent (assuming you could do both), but fox should probably just grab out of the shield anyway.

Top Bottom