• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin, Red > Charizard, Yellow > Pikachu, Blue > Squirtle, White > Wario?

psyt

Smash Journeyman
Do you think pikmin's qualities from the series will be transferred to smash? it would add alot of stradegy to the game, for example some levels even have water and fire as obstacles, think they'd effect only some pikmin? will wario's fart kill white pikmin?!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure they'll only do what the dojo stated they will. It didn't mention the Pikmin's immunities other than the red guys... I don't know. Maybe we'll just have to wait and see

G-X

Smash Apprentice
I hope white pikmin are good against Kirby and Yoshi, if you know what I mean...

...It makes me sad that Sakurai doesn't know the difference between poisonous and venomous.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know that only red were said to be immune to something, but it just wouldn't make sense for squirtle to kill a blue pikmin with a water attack. That's just blasphemy.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something... If Brawl plays along with the Pokemon series, wouldn't Ivysaur be immune to poison because of his typing (poison/grass)?

On the subject - The fact that Sakurai said that red Pikmin were immune to fire but didn't say that the blue ones were immune to water leads me to believe that they aren't.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you breath air, if I shoot you with at high pressure it'd hurt.

You guys are being silly.

you breath air, if I shoot you with at high pressure it'd hurt.

You guys are being silly.
I don't think they're trying to follow real life logic rather than game logic.

In pikmin 2 Watery Blowhogs shot out water from their snouts and it affected all other pikmin except for the blue pikmin. Therefore I think that blue pikmin should be immune to some of squirtles water based attacks.

Top Bottom