• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pikmin lagging atk's

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i am fairly sure that we have all seen a pikmin get hit before you do by an atk and lag it for a split second. my question is how many olimar players intentionally put a pikmin in the way of a move so that they can atk the opponent on the brief freeze frame created by your pikmin taking the atk. I personally have noticed that as my olimar gets faster i am finding openings through the freeze frame created by my pikmin being attacked. so i am wondering if it would be possible to throw your pikmin into an atk, then hit them during the brief freeze frame that will be created, just a thought...

so potential useful mind game for those master it? or a luck event that shouldn't be planned ... you know like footstooling (sarcasm) ...... comments

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's an interesting concept that I've tried to explore, but to no avail. It's not viable for any really practical purposes. It's too situational to be used effectively and efficiently on purpose midgame. I've found that the arc on yellows help this to work sometimes. It's so brief a pause though, that it's better to just attack normally and not rely on this to counter attacks. Most attacks will keep their priority(unless it's a seks kick or somethin, and even then, it's bad for you), and won't increase landing lag. It just prolongs the hitbox. That's it. It's worth looking into though. Good thought.

Awex

Smash Lord
I've had it happen to my disadvantage on accident several times. I've tried sometimes to use it to my advantage, but never with much success.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
interesting, it seems to have only harmed me in the beginning.... for me, it keeps becoming more and more beneficial. i know that in two specific instances recently a peach did fair, and my pikmin was latched on peach, peach fair > olimar up-smash...... but because of thie pikmin lag i was able to up-smash on the freeze frame and get through...... another instance was like this, but it was marths f-smash instead

so i guess i'll just try to look into this more, but at the moment it seems that it can be useful for fast olimar players (not saying fast is always the way to go)

p.s. now to think about it, its kinda like pikmin desync...... but u smash instead and it takes two.... with pikmin desync it gets hit then does the up-smash during the freeze frame lag.... same situation however you have to time the up-smash yourself to hit on that frame

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Maybe if you make it your priority, then yes, it does help.. I don't see it working for people who can't even keep track of their pikmin line though. So... Pay attention to line, pay attention to latch slow downs or nothing. If you can do both though.. You'd be great.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
i am fairly sure that we have all seen a pikmin get hit before you do by an atk and lag it for a split second. my question is how many olimar players intentionally put a pikmin in the way of a move so that they can atk the opponent on the brief freeze frame created by your pikmin taking the atk. I personally have noticed that as my olimar gets faster i am finding openings through the freeze frame created by my pikmin being attacked. so i am wondering if it would be possible to throw your pikmin into an atk, then hit them during the brief freeze frame that will be created, just a thought...

so potential useful mind game for those master it? or a luck event that shouldn't be planned ... you know like footstooling (sarcasm) ...... comments
My entire plan to beat ness to to fsmash through pkfire and let the lag own him :D

shanus

Smash Hero
shrink, don't forget that ness's pk thunder, while outpriortizes anything, gets slowed and shortened by a pikmin hitting it or latching after the up+b has started. makes even wasier to gimp the recovery if you dont latch before he thunders.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
shrink, don't forget that ness's pk thunder, while outpriortizes anything, gets slowed and shortened by a pikmin hitting it or latching after the up+b has started. makes even wasier to gimp the recovery if you dont latch before he thunders.
hitting the pk thunder itself slows the attack? Wow, didn't know that...thanks shanus

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
If Ike is charging quickdraw, throw a pikmin out, then spot dodge. He'll hit it as it returns to you, rather than hitting you. then you punish, punish, punish.

Top Bottom