• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin from SSBB compared to Pikmin from Pikmin

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
Some of the traits that have been given to the pikmin in brawl may seem unrelated to the traits these creature carry in the series they came from( Blues throwing the farthest), but I am here to prove that every single ability each pikmin has in brawl relates to an ability the same colored pikmin has in the Pikmin series. Here is a list of traits each pikmin has in brawl and what it corresponds to from the Pikmin series. Feel free to add other similarities you find yourselves.

Red Pikmin

SSBB: Immune to Fire
Pikmin: Immune to Fire

SSBB: Higher attack power than other Pikmin besides purples
Pikmin: Higher attack power than other pikmin besides purples

SSBB: Emit flames
Pikmin: in Pikmin 2 when olimar first descovers red pikmin, they give off a few flames

Yellow Pikmin

SSBB: Immune to electricity
Pikmin: Immune to electricity

SSBB: Higher throwing arc than other pikmin
Pikmin: Yellow pikmin have the highest tossing range in the game

SSBB: Emit Electricity
Pikmin: When first encountered in Pikmin 2, yellow pikmin set off a few sparks

Blue Pikmin

SSBB: Don't die when in deep water
Pikmin: Blues are the only ones that can traverse watery areas

SSBB: Blue pikmin throw opponents the farthest
Pikmin: When non-blue pikmin end up in water they start drowning. If you send blue pikmin in the water after them, they will toss the non-blue pikmin back to shore. This makes them the only pikmin that throw anything in the Pikmin series.

Purple Pikmin

SSBB: Highest attack power
Pikmin: Highest attack power

SSBB: Knock opponents back when thrown
Pikmin: Purples land with a loud thud due to thier heavy weight

SSBB: When tossing opponents up or down, purples send enemies flying farther than other pikmin.
Pikmin: Purples are the heaviest pikmin and the animations for Olimar's up and down throws from Brawl have the pikmin slam their bodies on the opponent before having them fly away. therefore Purples would send enemies flying much farther than other pikmin.

SSBB: Shortest range for smashes and tossing
Pikmin: Purple Pikmin do not get tossed as far as the other pikmin

White Pikmin

SSBB: when latched on to opponents they cause far more damage than other pikmin due to them giving extra poison damage.
Pikmin: When first introduced to whites in Pikmin 2, the pikmin coughs up poison. However, the only way to cause extra damage to enemies due to poison is to have the enemies eat the white pikmin. I guess this was the best way to include this ability in Brawl. (Someone try to make Wario eat a white pikmin to see what happens. I am curious)

SSBB: White Pikmin have the weakest smash attack power
Pikmin: Whites have the weakest attack power.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Great! This was the kind of thread I'd love to see more! Welcome to home ground!

Pikmin 2

Red Pikmin

• High Attack Power
  • Immune to Fire

Yellow Pikmin
  • Thrown extremely high
  • Immune to electricity
  • Able to carry bomb-rocks (Pikmin only)

Blue Pikmin
  • Immune to water

White Pikmin

• Able to sense buried treasures
  • Fastest movement speed
  • Immune to Poison
  • Damages enemy when eaten

Purple Pikmin

• Stun shockwave when thrown
  • Slowest Movement Speed
  • 1 Purple Pikmin is as strong as 10 Pikmin

Movement Speed:
A Flower on a Purple Pikmin is the same as a Bud on Red, Yellow, Blue and White.

Awex

Smash Lord
If brawl Olimar was anything like Olimar in Pikmin 2, he'd be god tier. Just throw Purple Pikmin on everything.

Seriously, Purples were too broken in Pikmin 2. Made some parts of the game too easy. ;x

A-DooM

Smash Cadet
If brawl Olimar was anything like Olimar in Pikmin 2, he'd be god tier. Just throw Purple Pikmin on everything.

Seriously, Purples were too broken in Pikmin 2. Made some parts of the game too easy. ;x
Your right, I agree

geekd

Smash Apprentice
I miss the bomb rocks w/ the yellow pikmin. That was more or less the only thing that yellows were ever any good for. If only they could have somehow incorporated that...

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Blue Pikmin

SSBB: Don't die when in deep water
Pikmin: Blues are the only ones that can traverse watery areas

SSBB: Blue pikmin throw opponents the farthest
Pikmin: When non-blue pikmin end up in water they start drowning. If you send blue pikmin in the water after them, they will toss the non-blue pikmin back to shore. This makes them the only pikmin that throw anything in the Pikmin series.
NOT TRUE!!! D:

Yellows throw bomb rocks in Pikmin 1. ;p

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I'm ashamed I have never played Pikmin 2. Looks like I'll have to go find it before I can fully master Olimar in Brawl.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I'm ashamed I have never played Pikmin 2. Looks like I'll have to go find it before I can fully master Olimar in Brawl.
Yes, everyone HAS to buy Pikmin 2. I personally think that the Pikmin series is Miyamoto's greatest creation (topping Zelda and Mario). It helped me play as Olimar the first time I got Brawl. I'm the kind of person who plays as the characters from their favorite series and not the characters I have a knack for. It's far more rewarding to own other people with your favorite characters.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
Yes, everyone HAS to buy Pikmin 2. I personally think that the Pikmin series is Miyamoto's greatest creation (topping Zelda and Mario). It helped me play as Olimar the first time I got Brawl. I'm the kind of person who plays as the characters from their favorite series and not the characters I have a knack for. It's far more rewarding to own other people with your favorite characters.
I wish I got Pikmin 2 when I had the chance, only rented for a while. Anyone find Pikmin 2 rather difficult? The game seemed to dramatically increase its difficulty after the water-steamroller monster appeared. Seeing that thing for the first time commit mass genocide against my army was rather traumatizing.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Ooh, purple pikmin are the slowest in Pikmin 2, and Brawl, when trying to reach Olimar, he gets stunted jumps( I don't even think they have a double jump)

ADHD

Smash Hero

If the real olimar was in brawl, he'd be the size of a fingernail and snake's ftilt would hit a hundred olimars.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Those are the true words of an Olimar Loyalist. That's what I believe too. Well said.

Puddin

Smash Lord

Emperor Bulbax.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Slammed with the nerfstick. If he wasn't, he would actually be challenging as he was in Pikmin 1.

Try Titan Dweevil, though. He's the last boss, but at least your Purples can be nixed easily if you aren't careful.
Uh...didn't Man-At-Legs FIRST appear in Pikmin 2? Isn't he that machine spider-thingy?

Titan Dweevil is pretty hard, but once you figure out that Yellow Pikmin are the key (dismiss your other Pikmin near the geyser), then it's easy from then on. Just whistle appropriately.

asob4

Smash Champion
i still haven't beaten pikmin 2 :/ i never bothered getting purples (don't know why) and now i need a hundred :(
so periodically i've been popping in pikmin and getting some purples for like 45 minutes at a time, then going back to smash.
i'll get there soon enough lol

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
i still haven't beaten pikmin 2 :/ i never bothered getting purples (don't know why) and now i need a hundred :(
so periodically i've been popping in pikmin and getting some purples for like 45 minutes at a time, then going back to smash.
Oh, you're getting that 'weight' treasure in Wistful Wild lololol! Just go back to the caves and get some more. :)

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Uh...didn't Man-At-Legs FIRST appear in Pikmin 2? Isn't he that machine spider-thingy?

Titan Dweevil is pretty hard, but once you figure out that Yellow Pikmin are the key (dismiss your other Pikmin near the geyser), then it's easy from then on. Just whistle appropriately.
*checks Google* ....OH! I was thinking of Beady Long Legs.

So Man-At-Legs is the pain that has that machine gun attack, huh? He is definitely not quite easy, yeah.

As for Titan Dweevil, I have beaten him the hard way, using Purples only to attack him, without losing a single Pikmin. Though it has taken me quite a few tries. Purples' overpoweredness isn't remarkable against TD, but it sure as heck is against most other enemies.

Trust me: even if you did a no casualty run or simply have lost no Purples, you still will have to do repeat visits for one of the caves to get more of them. Stupid dumbell. What were they thinking. It wouldn't be too bad if Purples had their own Onions. And honestly, it would be easy to justify their nerfing with story reasons.

But that reminds me: Whites still need to be buffed, even if they ARE given their own Onions. I never need more than 5, maybe 10, for tasks. All they do is expose buried treasure that only need to be seen slightly for other Pikmin to help dig up themselves, disable poison traps that still can't take much punishment, carry stuff faster, and considerably damage enemies that eat them. Not exactly much reason to have a lot of Whites. I'm not sure if this idea would work, but maybe allow them to poison enemies by attacking. The effect of poison would have to be small enough with fewer White Pikmin to reduce the power of hit-and-runs, though; we would want to make sure more Whites could be useful.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
*checks Google* ....OH! I was thinking of Beady Long Legs.

So Man-At-Legs is the pain that has that machine gun attack, huh? He is definitely not quite easy, yeah.

As for Titan Dweevil, I have beaten him the hard way, using Purples only to attack him, without losing a single Pikmin. Though it has taken me quite a few tries. Purples' overpoweredness isn't remarkable against TD, but it sure as heck is against most other enemies.
Purple Pikmin? Holy, you are one brave person. They're hard to accquire and those electric mines from the Titan Dweevil would zap 'em.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I just realized that Purples aren't as damaging as reds in Brawl. They just knock you away more. I think purples should be the best in Brawl like they are in Pikmin 2. Maybe no THAT good, but you get my point.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman

100+ Pikmin for god tier

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I personally hate the path they take when thrown. Its good every once and a while, but usually I'm screaming at them to actually latch the opponent. :p
What path do you want them to take? If they took the same throw path that they do in the pikmin games that would be quite the lob. It could be pretty useful like that.
BTW nice avatar and sig

MLR

Smash Rookie
I love purple pikmin, they're sooo cuuute! On most bosses I use one purple pikmin only and when a lot of my pikmin die, I press the reset button. I haven't passed the game though, the crab, and that weird thing from the Submerged castle are the hardest.

Top Bottom