• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Footstool?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Looking at the last screenshot in "Pikmin & Olimar: Special Moves", I got to thinking about how footstool jumps would work... Can footstool jumps only be done on Olimar, or could you footstool jump off the Pikmin as well? If you could footstool jump off a Pikmin, would it work differently? Like would you just squash them and send them to their grave? (intentional paradox :p)

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Well we don't really know, but I don't see why not.

The REAL question is, can Pikmin footstool you!?

If it is, then they (Pikmin & Olimar) have a rather LONG footstooling army...

IllidR

Smash Champion
To the original point I don't see why you wouldn't be able to footstool a Pikmin unless they ahve different properties that we don't know of yet. If you could this could potentially give you some easier recovery while hurting Olimar, having a lot of Pikmin to project yourself upward off of while killing one Pikmin that could of used to Pikmin chain back to the ledge.

OR if you're able to footstool hop a Pikmin, couldn't this potentially help Olimar? If someone is trying to footstool hop an Olimar to his doom, he may catch one of the Pikmin because there are so many of them around Olimar. Only time will tell.
Well we don't really know, but I don't see why not.

The REAL question is, can Pikmin footstool you!?

If it is, then they (Pikmin & Olimar) have a rather LONG footstooling army...
In response to Pyr0, if the Pikmin were able to footstool hop, that would be absolutely fantastic. Seeing how the Pikmin follow the same path as Olimar, it could be a chain leading the person down their their emminent death. No one could meteor-cancel seven times in a row, it's just too godly.

Remember, Pikmin are not characters in the same way Nana is a character. They don't have the same mechanics. They are walking items. Characters don't die and turn into ghosts without leaving the stage. Pikmin have only one attack, they can't shield, dodge, roll, edge grab, duck, turn giant, metal or tiny, wear bunny ears, be invincible or invisible, perform Footstool Jumps, or any of the other things a normal character can do.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Pikmin have only one attack, they can't shield, dodge, roll, edge grab, duck, turn giant, metal or tiny, wear bunny ears, be invincible or invisible, perform Footstool Jumps, or any of the other things a normal character can do.
Wow, although I agree completely on them being not being exactly the same as characters because that's as much as we can tell at this time, this is all complete speculation. Unless you can provide some proof for all of these claims I won't believe it. And if there is all this and I happen to miss some big event, well then please post a link and I'll retract my statement there.

Wow, although I agree completely on them being not being exactly the same as characters because that's as much as we can tell at this time, this is all complete speculation. Unless you can provide some proof for all of these claims I won't believe it. And if there is all this and I happen to miss some big event, well then please post a link and I'll retract my statement there.
No, there is no proof, and I guess you could call it speculation. I would call it logical deduction. Instead of thinking like robots in black and white, we are capable of using logic to come up with sensible answers without needing actual proof. You really think they can do any of those things?

I'll give you the item transformations, but only if Olimar uses them.

piclemaniscool

Smash Rookie
Remember, Pikmin are not characters in the same way Nana is a character. They don't have the same mechanics. They are walking items. Characters don't die and turn into ghosts without leaving the stage. Pikmin have only one attack, they can't shield, dodge, roll, edge grab, duck, turn giant, metal or tiny, wear bunny ears, be invincible or invisible, perform Footstool Jumps, or any of the other things a normal character can do.
well there is proof that nana CAN do all that and will most likely be able to footstool jump as well. the only differences that I can see is that in melee, nana, being a character that is always nonplayable, can have a slightly different path than what you may have in mind. (you jump then duck, she just waits for you to come back down then ducks with you) That may be he case for pikmin. exept for the abilities to use items. that would be more annoying than good. My point though, is that with fast pace movement, the pikmin probably won't footstool jumps even if they could. It just woul'nt be very likely

IllidR

Smash Champion
No, there is no proof, and I guess you could call it speculation. I would call it logical deduction. Instead of thinking like robots in black and white, we are capable of using logic to come up with sensible answers without needing actual proof. You really think they can do any of those things?

I'll give you the item transformations, but only if Olimar uses them.
Yes, I do believe that they might have potential to do a couple of these things. We really don't know the extents of the Pikmin as of now. They may have AI like Nana while they are following Olimar giving them the potential for items and to work on Olimar's lead. We'll have to see.

Top Bottom