• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin 2

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Actually I just watched the video and there is a whole lot of new footage of the new pikmins.

Purple Pikmin is heavy and can be used to active switches (weren't in the first Pikmin game).

White Pikmins are poisonous and will often kill enemies after they are eaten.

Here are some stills from the movie

The emporer is back!

A spider with a machine gun!

flying jellyfish

some weird boss

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Just a little tidbit for those who need like... Months to plan their memory card space. According to the site, Pikmin 2 will take up 27 blocks of memory. And I don't know if this has been reported on this thread yet (I haven't read most of it) but it also says that it'll support the GBA cable and e-reader.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Could be true... If I remember, Pikmin took 17 blocks of space. So if Pikmin 2 is longer... go figure.

*hopes that that new 1019 memory card will be out before Pikmin 2 release*

More interesting stuff:

The Purple Pikmins can also be used to squash enemies. Simply throw a Purple Pikmin at an enemy and it'll become flat ;) (probably wont work on bigger enemies).

The D-Pad can also be found in the game.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
Could be true... If I remember, Pikmin took 17 blocks of space. So if Pikmin 2 is longer... go figure.
It is true. In that picture I posted previously (And on the website) it clearly says in Katakana on the second to bottom row: "Memory Card Block," or literally, "Memori Kaado Buroku."

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Oh ok then.

New screens.... lots of new and weird stuff!

Probably the first time he sees one of those....

A larger creature(not boss) which hides in the ground until the prey is right before it.

Muahahaa ;)

Looking good!

Seems to be a fence which only the yellow pikmins can take down?

I think it's an entrance to a dungeon.

There are lots of fruit to collect, I've also seen strawberries and other red fruits.

Ice dungeon?

I don't know what's going on!? But something defintely got screwed up in the genes of those pikmins...

There's an encyclopedia in the game

!

The key from Super Mario World

Marbles collecting....???

Ok this game is looking really AWESOME right now, each new screenshot reveals something new and it seems like this game is gonna be very very great. There's so much new stuff, from the encyclopedia(that's sweet!), different multiplayer modes, lots of new innovative enemies to the positive changes of the gameplay.

Pikmin 1 was really great, but flawed.

Pikmin 2 has the potential to seriously kick the first title's *ss!

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Ok this game is looking really AWESOME right now, each new screenshot reveals something new and it seems like this game is gonna be very very great. There's so much new stuff, from the encyclopedia(that's sweet!), different multiplayer modes, lots of new innovative enemies to the positive changes of the gameplay.
I too am beginning to feel this way. Seems like there's quite a bit of variety, and simply a lot more interesting looking things to do. Perhaps I will get on this ship afterall.

:starman: :starman: :starman: 500th POST! HELLO SMASH APPRENTICE, GOODBYE JOURNEYMAN!:starman: :starman: :starman:

Only took me 2 years too...

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
The more and more I'm looking at this game, the more and more it doesn't look like the original which is great. But they've got to have some sort of explanation as to why the things Olimar is having the pikmin pick up are so large. That white enemy on the first pic is intriguing. It also seems that when you're in a dungeon, there are no time limits (Yay!).

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Raccoon87
The more and more I'm looking at this game, the more and more it doesn't look like the original which is great. But they've got to have some sort of explanation as to why the things Olimar is having the pikmin pick up are so large.
There is an explanation. As mentionned in the Pikmin booklet, C. Olimar is as tall as a Gamecube disc. The action takes place on a planet similar to the Earth, and all these things the Pikmin are carrying are normal items for us. There were similar objects in Pikmin 1, such as the trash cans.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Omg look at these scores!

Dengeki GC
GC Pikmin 2 9,9,9
GBA Mario Golf 8,8,8
GBA Netsal 9,8,8

Famitsu GC
GC Pikmin 2 10,10,9,10
GBA Mario Golf 9,8,9,9
GBA Netsal 7,8,7,?
GBA Megaman Zero 3 8,7,7,7
GBA Steel Empire 8,6,6,7

Holy cr*p! Famitsu almost gave it perfect scores! I'd expect the game to be awesome, but such high scores?!

Hmm maybe it'll end up being nominated for GOTY... and then who knows ;)

Edit: I found this screenshot which defintely confirms that the planet is Earth! Probably in a distant future, but it must be Earth nevertheless.

Cal

Smash Rookie
Pikmin was one of my favorite games at the time for the cube, and from the screenshots it looks like it will be much better than the original.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perfect scores huh? **** this is getting really interesting, giving it a better score than games like Double Dash or F-Zero GX is cool.

I would had bought this game anyway, but now seeing these great numbers i'll have no choice but to get this AAA title ASAP.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Note that it's the GC Famitsu score. The main Famitsu will probably give a lower score with probably "only" one 10.

Famitsu gave the original Pikmin.

Right now I'm anticipating Pikmin 2 the most out of all the Gamecube games coming out. I only think that Metroid prime 2 will be the only game that'll be better than Pikmin 2, but Wind Waker 2 and Mario 128... I actually think Pikmin 2 will be better them those titles.

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Wow, I was atcually right, it is the Earth! That globe is even cooler than all the other items! And it looks like you'll be able to carry at least around 150-200 Pikmin, which is nice.
Seeing those scores, It looks like I'll really have to buy the game. Games I'm now officially buying this year: Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2 and Pikmin 2, plus a GB Player with M&L:SS and MZM.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
More Japanese reviews:

DORIMAGA:

Pikmin 2 (GC, Nintendo): 10 / 9 / 9 - Total 9,33

Famitsu (Multi)

Pikmin 2 (GC, Nintendo): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)

(the old ones)

Dengeki GC
GC Pikmin 2 9,9,9

Famitsu GC
GC Pikmin 2 10,10,9,10

So far only 9's and 10's :eek:

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
This is just too cool!

I'm defintely gonna get the 5 different Pikmins and a Spotty Bulburb.

Also new stuff from the Japanese website.

There are some new enemies especially in the grub-dog family. Since there are both a snow level and a lava level we'll now see a some new types including the white furry Bulburb.

Many of the bosses from the first game return: Burrowing Snagret, a new type of Beady Long Legs that seems to be carrying a type of a machine gun(O_O), and even Emperor Bulblax himself makes a comeback as well.

But there are obviously new bosses and many of them remain unknown. But you've already seen the big fat red worm, but there's also some deformed Bulborb that's probably to be found in the lava level.

Levels:

-- Grass level -- Wetland level -- Fire level -- Snow level

It's not known if there are more levels than those. Pikmin had 5 levels. My guess is that there will be 6 levels in Pikmin 2, if they already reveals 4 levels then there got to be a secret level or two. But I'm pretty sure each level will feature a random generated dungeon so maybe 4 levels are enough if they holds a great amount of replay value each.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Import impressions! I've made all the "cool" things bold.

=================

from Espio at GA

First of all, it comes with free Pikmin E-Cards!! They're probably the same with every game but I got Olimar, Louie and President.

So far the vibe I'm getting is more of the same, but now that you can multi task two guys it adds alot of different strategy. With Y you can switch between Olimar and Louie or you can use your whistle to have one follow the other.

Hidden in each level seem to be those challenge (monkey ball style) levels, I thought it was a whole new arcade style mode at ECTS but obviously not. Basically you find the hole in the ground and you go through these floors collecting valuables and enemies (enemies give you money here) until you find the exit to go to the next floor.

Out of the new Pikmin I've only used the purple Pikmin so far, they have the strength of ten pikmin and they absolutely sumo the crap out of enemies, you can take out one of those giant lady bug things in 2 seconds and then carry it away with one purple pikmin. You get them by throwing normal Pikmin into special purple flowers, but once you throw 5 Pikmin in the flowers dissapear. For some reason they don't have their own onion but they're stored in your space ship :-/

Some of the levels are STUNNING. Really, really close to photo realistic from afar. Lots more foliage this time, leaves falling off tress, light flickering through the trees etc

How cool is this: The Pikmin SING behind you.

It seems you can pick up items than you can use on your Pikmin with the d-pad, I picked up some berries and I could use them on my Pikmin with down on the D-pad which made them super-powered or something.

Just got white Pikmin, they can sense valuables under the ground with a little radar thing you have on your HUD, they can also poison enemies.

===============

Ough! I can't stand it any longer... the wait is unbearable!

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Wow, my opinion of this game has completely changed from just reading this thread and keeping an eye on what's going on in the world of Pikmin 2. The game sounds really incredible, and I will definately get it. Awesome. :bee:

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Got to agree with Kaboom here. Before I was sort of just mildly anticipating it, but not truly caring, but now I'm going to check out any new info with avid attention. I wonder if in this game, seeing as how you can pick things up on your own, if you can send Loojie/Olimar to help out and carry the big items.

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
Originally posted by Metroid Killer

How cool is this: The Pikmin SING behind you.

Anyone else get a vision of Spaceballs? "Ding ding! ding ding ding DING DING dinnng.!"

Now hurry up and be released, the cube is just dying underneath all that dust.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Multiplayer impressions from ESPIO at GA:

"OK, I just played multiplayer...

BEST GAME EVER!

Unfortunately there isn't a co-op mode, only one Vs. mode, but it's brilliant. One person gets red Pikmin, the other gets blue Pikmin (I assume they havent got their usual special attributes), you can choose how many Pikmin each player gets (for a total of 100 between you) and then you choose a level and the game begins.

Each player has an onion to bring stuff back to, you win the game by either killing your enemy (the spaceman), collecting 4 yellow marbles, or by getting your enemies marble from their onion and taking it to yours CTF style. You CAN attack your enemy with your Pikmin and you can also create ultimate carnage by attacking their Pikmin with yours, but for every Pikmin killed by an enemies Pikmin a Pikmin seed comes out of your onion, so you cant win by simply killing all of your opponents Pikmin, only slow them down a bit. However, any Pikmin killed by creatures will not return and you will lose if all your Pikmin die.

There's also cherries littered around the levels, every time you take one back to your onion you get a spin of the slot machine which depending on what you get will give you power-ups, drop various enemies on top of your opponent, level up your Pikmin, drop rocks on top of your enemy etc"

I'm a little bit iffed about the game not having co-op, but now that I think about it, I don't think any of my friends would have the patience to play pikmin in single player (though I'm sure I would still have gotten some fun out of it). But the multiplayer mode sounds cool!

UPDATE: Good news! You can play challange mode (basically all dungeon levels) in 2 player co-op afterall!

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Multiplayer details from IGN:

"May 03, 2004 - If Pikmin 2 was a single-player-only affair, we probably wouldn't complain all that much. Like its predecessor, it's a plenty of fun to play alone -- but luckily Nintendo went the extra mile and added a co-operative challenge mode and a two-player versus mode. While the challenge mode needs to be unlocked first, versus is open right from the start.

A split-screen versus mode in a real-time strategy game? Wait -- that doesn't work. Isn't the whole point of games like StarCraft and BattleCry to not see what the other player is up to, so that every attack is a carefully mounted surprise? Or so we thought. Turns out Nintendo came up with a very unique twist on the RTS genre in Pikmin 2 that combines traditional resource management elements with capture-the-flag and a heavy dose of Mario Kart-style nastiness.
The "2P Battle" mode lets two players compete against each other on 10 different battle maps, using a horizontally-split set-up. One gamer plays as Louie and gets blue Pikmin, the other one as Olimar and gets red Pikmin. Neither Pikmin have their special abilities. They're 100% equal. Each player has a color-coded marble in their camp. There are three different ways to defeat the opponent:

Collect four yellow marbles that are littered about in the levels and bring them back to the camp (the Onion).
Steal the enemy's marble and bring it back to the camp.
Defeat the player or all enemy Pikmin.
Each player starts off with 10 Pikmin by default (a handicap function makes it possible to select the number of starting Pikmin between five and 50) and, just like in single-player, is tasked to build up a mini-army by collecting Pikmin vitamins and defeating and retrieving bugs. The maximum number of Pikmin each player can have is 50. But if all you do is collect resources, you'll soon be out of the game. It's important to immediately set out and go hunting for marbles and cherries. The yellow marbles have to first be dug out of the ground as they're half submerged in the sand (or whatever material the level of choice is made up of) before they can be carried off and brought back to home base. There is only a set number of marbles in each level, and they're usually in spots that are equally far away from each team. Then there is the opponent's yellow or blue marble. The catch here is that blue Pikmin cannot carry their own marble -- only the opponent's. This of course leads to shifting points of power, where one player has to move closer to the enemy by the virtue of his marble being already half way there.

Player one got spidered! Run, little Pikmin! Run!

Cherries are a different story altogether. These power-ups fall from the sky once in a while (or, presumably, some unseen tree above) and can be carried off by just a single Pikmin. The moment a Pikmin delivers a cherry to the base, a slots wheel will appear at the side of the screen and start spinning. The outcome is always positive -- and there are a variety of offensive and defensive power-ups that can appear. Here's what they are and what they do:

Red Elixir: Gives the player one dose of yellow elixir. When used (press D-Pad down) it gives the Pikmin super speed and fighting power for a short time.
Purple Elixir: Gives the player one dose of purple elixir. When used (press D-Pad up) in proximity to enemy Pikmin, it knocks them over and plants them in the ground.
Spider: Places a spider in the enemy camp. Even worse, the spider has a time bomb on its back.
Aokedattara: This blowfish-like creature will appear near the enemy to wreak havoc by blowing over Pikmin.
Butadokkuri: These pig-like creatures will appear in the enemy base and spit fire or water at Pikmin
Fly: The flying Saraimushi appears in the enemy camp and creates mayhem by grabbing Pikmin and throwing them into the ground.
Return Marble: Returns the player's marble back to his camp.
Ghost: Players is invisible on the opponent's screen.
Flower: Makes all allied Pikmin flower (which allows them to run faster).
Pikmin +10: Get 10 Pikmin instantly (or add them to the queue if there are 50 out).
Pikmin +5: Get 10 Pikmin instantly (or add them to the queue if there are 50 out).
Asteroids: Rocks fall from the sky in the opposing camp and flatten any unfortunate Pikmin that are out and about.
Now, believe it or not, but the gameplay fun is actually heightened by your ability to see the other's screen. Because Pikmin 2 is a character-based RTS (and not free-scrolling, like most titles in the genre), it's important to see that your opponent has a Spider attack waiting and ready to be launch. Nothing is more hilarious, than seeing what weapon just popped up on your opponent's slot wheel and scrambling back to camp to prevent your Pikmin from going up in flames or being blown away while trying to deliver the last marble. It also ensures that the "Return Marble" power-up tends to be the knight in shining armor, as any player hogging it would be completely exposed (making the other player shift his strategy to hunting yellow marbles. The final kicker is that each player can queue up four cherry power-ups at once. Nothing is more humiliating than getting a blowfish, a fly, and a pig in your camp at the same time, while the other player makes off with your marble.

Wait, there's still more! Pikmin can also attack each other and their leaders, Olimar and Louie. The rules are simple: strength is in numbers -- and Pikmin with flowers easily get the upper hand over "buddies" and "leafies." When attacking another leader, Pikmin will actually follow the unfortunate astronaut around, latch on to them and start clobbering until shaken off or defeated by another Pikmin or creature.

The level designers at Nintendo put together 10 varied maps to support the clever battle dynamics. While some levels only feature a few small Chappies and maggots, others are home to traps and more dangerous (NPC) enemy creatures, such as rock spitters and an oversized walking fish tank of sorts. Graphically, the game still holds its own in multiplayer mode as well. The maps all look unique and include standard caves and mazes as well as a kid's playroom and even a tiled bathhouse, and the framerate is locked at 30fps the entire time.

As you can tell from our glowing write-up, we're having a great time with this multiplayer mode. The whole battle dynamic is incredibly frantic, unpredictable, and insanely fun. While we will never stop dreaming about an eight-player online Pikmin mode, Nintendo should be commended for coming up with clever ways to breathe new life into split-screen play.

Look for more coverage on Pikmin 2 soon."

This sounds so sweet! And this is only the VS multiplayer mode. I can't wait to hear about co-op challenge mode, which must be d*mn fun as well!

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
I didn't even read the entire thing, but I'm already excited about it! There's too much of a Pikmin overload going on here! VS mode sounds so sweet, but I bet co-op is even better. The idea of the cherry roulette sounds crafted so well to perfection. I wonder how big the stages will be and what they look like. A stage where the only way to get to the opponent's base by a small bridge would be so cool. You just lay siege to the opponent's base and throw Pikmin at them.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Some of the stages are gonna be indoor (can't remember if I got this from the article above) like a toy's room and a bathroom. Sounds pretty big to me ;)

Also right now it sounds like Pikmin 2's multiplayer is gonna be as new and fresh as Splinter Cell 2's multiplayer.

This game is now 2nd on my most hyped game, above Custom Robo and Wind Waker 2 o_O

Seriously, nothing negative has been said about this game, the japanese mags praised it, IGN loves it, the importers are too busy playing it and the fans are craving it.

This might be a personal GOTY to me... [/overhype]

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The first time I played Pikmin was on demo sometime at the start of the Gamecube's life. I found that marshalling your troops and packing an unfortunate beast from behind and watching as they bludgion it 'till it doth move no more was spookily satisfying and amazingly fun. Then I noticed the time limit and I said "p!ss."
I didn't buy the game.

Now, I am so glad that I didn't buy it, because Pikmin 2 looks like the best thing since rubber chickens with top hats on.
More bludgioning fun than ever before, and no time limit! And a multiplayer that actually looks good!

Good on you, Nintendo. It's this sort of thing that prevented me from getting an X-box.

(I'm also glad I didn't buy Metroid Prime! HyuCK hyuKC HyUck! Or Viewtiful Joe! I'll get the sequels instead!)

Superbus

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously hoping that Pikmin becomes a mainstay franchise. It is just so **** fun.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Pikmin is already one of Nintendo's bigger franchises the games sell really well all over tha world.

NOW HERE ARE SOME AWESOME JUICY DETAILS!

Heh sorry for the caps, but I finally got my IGNinsider to work and watched some of the awesome High-rez movies available.

List of awesome observations!!! (contains extremely minor spoilers!)

1. Visuals: Those who thinks that the graphics are just slitghtly improved are wrong! Pikmin 2 is in a whole different leaque then the original. The lightning is sooo beautiful. And I've never ever seen such realistic water in any other games! Mario Sunshine can't even beat this one!
Here's a screen from the intro FMW

The levels are also incredible HUGE. In one video the player is just walking and walking in the same direction for almost 2 mins while there's a long long distance to that weird thing in horizon. Also the camera is now able to zoom out even more which is defintely needed in these huge levels.

2. The title screen: Pikmin 2 would win the award for best interactive title screen if such an award exsisted.

There are 4 title screens, one for each season

Each one animates too, for instance on the winter title screen you follow a flying snow moth as it cruises down through the branches of a tree to the ground, colliding with the snow and game logo. There's a lot more going on than in the first one if you leave the screen alone for awhile; bugs wander across and Pikmin attack them to drive them off, stuff like that.
You can also do some stuff on your own:
Press the X button to make a beetle appear. Once the insect is on the screen, you can use left and right on the C-Stick to turn it and forward to move. If you move the bug into the Pikmin that make up the logo, they will "interact" with the bug.
Press Y to make a Chappie appear. You can move it around the same way and press Z to make it eat Pikmin. To get rid of the creatures, press the L button.
Press R to make the Pikmin run around the screen and then rearrange themselves to form the word "Nintendo."

3. The Pikmins! The Pikmin sing some new marching song as you go along, which mimics whatever background music is playing. Pretty funny. They genenrally make a lot more noises in this game than in the first, and are more expressive in their actions. Nintendo gave them more character this time around.
Also the Purple Sumo Pikmin is just da pimp! It will seriously own smaller creatures and mow down all plants etc. Those fat *******s are rather slow though :p

4. The Encyclopedias: Wow SSBM's trophy gallery can go home! Each and every item comes with a video of it in motion! And with the enemy creatures there are even statistic of how many of them you've killed, how many Pikmins you've lost to them etc. I'm sure there's much more to the encyclopedia cause this was just from a smal video.

5. Multiplayer: I also saw vs. mode videos for the first time... I'm in awe! It looks much more fun, than what I've expected after reading many impressions etc.
It's kinda hard to describe, but I guess you can say that vs. mode has that typical deathmatch feeling to it... erm if Pikmin 2 was a FPS then the vs. mode would defintely be labeled deathmatch mode...
Anyway imagine this: You are in an underground maze with losts of paths dividing here and there. When the camera is zoomed out you can actually seem over some of the walls, suddenly you spot the enemy, but he's on the other side of the wall and you don't know how to get over to him you. You continue walking. You've now completely lost track of your opponment and is bit nervous that he'll ambush you or wether he knows where you are! Suddenly you hear lots of "pikmin noise" and it ain't coming from your pikmins... He's getting closer... is he to the left or to the right?
I'm defintely gonna spend many nights with my friends on the maze level. Take the example above. You could go to the right and meet the other player head on and start a little war. But you could also be tactic and leave 1 Pikmin behind you can take the big group to the right path and hide behind a corner. So if the enemy is coming from behind you would notice it from the fight between the 1 Pikmin you left behind and the other player's pikmin. This is just the vs. mode guys! And it's only a tiny part of vs. mode!

Here's the final boss j/k ;)

I can't wait to get the game... I'm so close to import right now! *sniff*

Bowser87

Smash Lord
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy! Did I say I'd get the game? Well let me say it again. I'M BUYING PIKMIN 2! This year will be one of the best ever! I can't decide between this, MP2, PM2, SM128, and other games I haven't bought yet (including SSBM). That, and a GB Player of course. Oh well, if I can get some money this summer, then it will be my top priority.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Check out these new E3 screens!

Haha way to go with the product placement!

Run Olimar run!

Hooray for co-op!

From IGN:

"First off, Pikmin 2 releases in the U.S. on August 4, 2004. The company needed the four months to tweak the title for localization. But there are more changes than just the text translation. The idea behind Pikmin 2 is that Olimar is sent back to this strange planet to recover all the treasure he left behind, because in the original Pikmin he was just trying to recover his ship parts. This time there's a lot of money to be made and players will dig up tons up recognizable items. In the Japanese version, Nintendo placed many objects that the country's residents might find in their backyard, and the same plan has been in place for the U.S. version. You'll find 7-UP caps, familiar toys, and the like. It doesn't change the gameplay really, but since Pikmin 2 has a lot to do with the visual treats, we can appreciate this attention to detail on Nintendo of America's part.

Regarding how Pikmin 2 will compare to the last one, Nintendo of America representative Bill Trinen said that not only is it far prettier than the last, but that it's much more challenging. In fact, it could take as much as 30 or more hours to complete. This is more than double what it took to complete the original, and Trinen said that if you enjoyed the last stage of Pikmin you're going to really like the latter half of Pikmin 2, which equals and exceeds that design complexity. "

Yay!:)

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh I saw the E3 trailer, Pikmin 2 will also be MINE! MINE! MINE! One thing I like about Pikmin is it's background graphics, all those flowers, the ground, the water etc. It was allready beautiful in the first, now it seems even more crazyier..

Can't wait for the multiplayer!

Magus

Lone Wolf
BRoomer
I don't know why, but this game appeals to me more than the new Zelda. Maybe it was because Pikmin was a great game, I dunno. I just can't for August 4th.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
That's it. I'm buying this game. New Pikmin, No time limit, awesome multiplayer from what I have heard, Co Op, very nice graphics, and a lot more. I want to buy.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Has anyone seen the commercial yet?

"Hot dog!"

"Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog!"

:laugh:

The funniest Nintendo commercial since Super Smash Brothers.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Wow, Nine. I said the exact same thing (Minus about 20 hot dogs :p) on GameFAQs a few days ago when IGN first got the commercial up. Including saying it's the best Nintendo commercial since Super Smash Bros. for N64.

Anyways, the game has some new finalized box art, it shows more action than the first version. On the left is the old version, on the right is the new.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by McFox
Has anyone seen the commercial yet?

"Hot dog!"

"Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog! Hot dog!"

:laugh:
".....I said with mustard........make it two....."

"......Mustard! Mustard! Mustard! Mustard! Mustard!"

I almost choked on MY hotdog when I saw that commercial!:rotfl:

On an interesting side note:

I noticed in this month's issue of Nintendo Power, (I got mine a bit late) that one of the screen shots shows a group of Pikmin carrying a familiar looking crown. I couldn't get a picture up, but the crown looks remarkably similar to Princess Peach's crown! Could this mean that there will be 'cameo' treasures in the game? Or was it just sheer coincidence?

Top Bottom