• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmen Chain as an attack.

RayAllen123

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylewhiteguy
This move is highly underrated, and it is very useful.

I want to know what you guys use it for, on the offense.

I use it after a DThrow to mix it up between USmash and FSmash, and I use it to gimp people recovery from high up...

RichBrown

Smash Master
Lately I've been using it almost every chance I get when there is minimal risk of being punished. Sometimes on any stage with a platform I'll up B onto the platform, they will airdodge, but because I land without lag I can just do an upsmash, and there isn't much they can do. It's an amazing move, albeit awful recovery.

RayAllen123

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylewhiteguy
Lately I've been using it almost every chance I get when there is minimal risk of being punished. Sometimes on any stage with a platform I'll up B onto the platform, they will airdodge, but because I land without lag I can just do an upsmash, and there isn't much they can do. It's an amazing move, albeit awful recovery.
When you aren't getting gimped its a great recovery IMO, and yeah, I love the lagless ITS A TRAP through platforms, I do that too.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I don't think it's underrated. Most good Olimars aknowledge it as a good attack. I don't use it too often though, because it's predictable. It's very situational, in my honest opinion, and shouldn't be used as a main attack/approach. Also, good players will know to stay out of chain range when recovering.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I second this statement. Its a great move if you can use it properly.

asob4

Smash Champion
since when is it underrated?
ever since we found out it had transcendent priority we all use it more if anything

i always try to finish vertical combos with it

RichBrown

Smash Master
Llumys: It's a lot longer than people think (that's what she said hurrhurr). Even though it can be predictable I like to use it anyways because I can sometimes bait my opponent into an airdodge because they know I'm not afraid to upB. Try using it a bunch, youd be surprised at how often youll land it.

asob4

Smash Champion
i kill with it constantly :3

if you edgeguard with it they'll stop recovering from up high allowing you to edge hog them if possible

Menk

Smash Cadet
I use it a lot, it even gets me back onstage occasionally!

But, on a serious note, I've used it since I picked up Olimar. I'll even use it when the opponent is right in front of me... it usually still hits :D
I can usually get a series of 2 or 3 hits going on someone just to piss them off, too.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
The last hit of N-Air guarenteedly sets up a PC since the knockback sends people diagonally upward in position for the chain. Perfect.

Rinehart

Smash Journeyman
I always use this move whenever my opponent is off the stage. And i also use it to end a combo its pretty useful and sweet.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I was playing one time against a Pikachu online, and he kept trying to side-b recover, but I would just block it with a pikmin chain.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I usually do something like u/dthrow, upsmash, nair, and finish with the chain.

I love the chain, people don't really expect it.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Chain is pretty good, though it has some lag on the ground. Does anyone know if SH a chain is less laggy then just using it off the ground, since the aerial lag/early landing lag doesn't seem that bad?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chain is pretty good, though it has some lag on the ground. Does anyone know if SH a chain is less laggy then just using it off the ground, since the aerial lag/early landing lag doesn't seem that bad?
If you use it from about a SH height above the ground or a platform, it won't have any lag.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Is the fall time shorter than the ground lag?
Only use this against opponents who are already in the air. Swat with FAir and immediately Up Special. You'll land lagless and if you're doing it from the right distance you'll be able to get away with it. Fast characters are sometimes able to punish it, but for larger characters that you normally want in the air like King Dedede or Snake, this is pretty safe.

Another good one is running off the ledge and doing a short hopped Up Special. It works really well and you'll be able to grab the ledge.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
I must have a unique Olimar then because I don't use the move much or at all. Every time I used the chain it either worked or failed, me disliking the 50-50 thing stopped using it

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
This move is highly underrated, and it is very useful.

I want to know what you guys use it for, on the offense.

I use it after a DThrow to mix it up between USmash and FSmash, and I use it to gimp people recovery from high up...
DThrow Hyphen-Smash Uair and pikmin chain to finish it off it works sometimes only at low percent. It can rack up about 40%

RichBrown

Smash Master
Or you can Dthrow->Usmash->walk forward a little bit->wait for the airdodge ->slightly charged Dsmash->run off the ledge and upB away from the stage so you instantly grab the edge after the tether shoots at your opponent

:D

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
One time I managed to time it properly so that I stagespiked an edgehog with upB while I was right below the lip and it propelled me past the edge and onto the stage.

Could be useful to know.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
One time I managed to time it properly so that I stagespiked an edgehog with upB while I was right below the lip and it propelled me past the edge and onto the stage.

Could be useful to know.

Hmm, that happened to me once in the past, I was like "OMG what just happened". That WILL be very useful to know^.^

Top Bottom