• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pika's super wavedash

x Tyrael x

Smash Rookie
I've seen the super wavedash talked about in the pika forums, and I saw it in Anther's posted video, but I haven't seen anywhere that tells how to do it. So can someone please post how to do it. I just switched to Pikachu this week so I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Jump up, quick attack into the ground, then to the left or right. Normally there is lots of lag, but if you hit an attack while going left or right that makes a "ping" noise (parry the attack I guess), you will perform a SWD.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Mainly for show, only time I can see it being useful is if you see a Link getting ready to use a boomerang and can react quick enough. Or in teams, it would serve to be really flashy. :D

Tagxy

Smash Lord
It doesnt have lag really, so if you have quick fingers you can hold the cstick in a direction and have a smash ready when you come out. Problem is you dont know where youll stop. Mario's fireballs also work well to SWD with.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
I pulled off a SWD on my friend's link the other day while he was trying to spam boomerangs at me and It confused him so much I KO'd him in his stunned state of surprise with a foward smash. It was pretty funny.

Anther

Smash Champion
I pulled off a SWD on my friend's link the other day while he was trying to spam boomerangs at me and It confused him so much I KO'd him in his stunned state of surprise with a foward smash. It was pretty funny.
Helz yeah XD.

I pulled off the same with an upsmash against a luigi that started to fireball spam near the ledge while I was staring him down. Sensual!

Top Bottom