• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's sporting light ball now!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
He's not his 64 self but it's a start.

Anyway to the point Pikachu mains, have you thought of Pikachu's next move in Brawl. I've been secretly playing him, and I need to know what do next.

I've mastered QAC, and Thunder jolt spamming. Whats next for me? I really stink at landing thunder.

PS: If you play competitive Pokemon, give Pikachu w/ light ball a shot. He maybe bad, but he can be a surprising opponent.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
He's not his 64 self but it's a start.

Anyway to the point Pikachu mains, have you thought of Pikachu's next move in Brawl. I've been secretly playing him, and I need to know what do next.

I've mastered QAC, and Thunder jolt spamming. Whats next for me? I really stink at landing thunder.

PS: If you play competitive Pokemon, give Pikachu w/ light ball a shot. He maybe bad, but he can be a surprising opponent.
Pikachu with Light Ball in the Battle Tower caught me off-gaurd and Thunderpunched my Blaziken. I was all "HOLY ****" when it took off at least half of his HP. D:

Anyways, don't be so sure in saying you've mastered QAC. Most guides just tell you the basics and what you can link it to. They don't tell you the myriad variants in using it. You have ordinary Foward QA-> Foward QAC, Aerial Foward QA->Foward QAC, Aerial Foward QA->QAC, Aerial Foward QA->Backwards QAC, Foward QA->Backwards QAC, Foward QA-> QAC, Foward QAC, Low Upward Angle QA->Foward QAC, High Upward Angle QA->QAC, and an assload of other possibilities.

Those are just a FEW that end in QACs. Pardon my bad notation, but even I don't think I've mastered the thing after maining Pikachu since the month Brawl came out. I don't mean to sound elitist or anything, but one can never practice QAC enough.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Pikachu with Light Ball in the Battle Tower caught me off-gaurd and Thunderpunched my Blaziken. I was all "HOLY ****" when it took off at least half of his HP. D:

Anyways, don't be so sure in saying you've mastered QAC. Most guides just tell you the basics and what you can link it to. They don't tell you the myriad variants in using it. You have ordinary Foward QA-> Foward QAC, Aerial Foward QA->Foward QAC, Aerial Foward QA->QAC, Aerial Foward QA->Backwards QAC, Foward QA->Backwards QAC, Foward QA-> QAC, Foward QAC, Low Upward Angle QA->Foward QAC, High Upward Angle QA->QAC, and an assload of other possibilities.

Those are just a FEW that end in QACs. Pardon my bad notation, but even I don't think I've mastered the thing after maining Pikachu since the month Brawl came out. I don't mean to sound elitist or anything, but one can never practice QAC enough.
Okay Gotcha.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Whats next for me? I really stink at landing thunder.
Learn to land thunder. It's one of Pika's bread-and-butter kill moves.

Also, I have to agree with everyone else.... I guarantee you haven't "mastered" QAC. Until you can do it in any combination of directions, leading into any of a huge number of possible followups without even thinking about it in a real match, you haven't mastered it. QAC > edgehog consistently, and you might be on your way.

That's one of the great things about Pika, though. Embrace the fact that you'll always have something to practice with him, especially with the versatility of QAC.

Top Bottom