• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pikachu*

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The Fight is On...AGAIN!

^Pikachu^

This little rat has alot of potential combos and can be hard to get ahold of with his QAC shinanigans. He also is one of the heaviest characters in the game thanks to his ability to momentum cancel so well. But he has a hard time killing, just like us.

MU %-

Pika Pros/Cons-

Pit Pros/Cons-

Stages to ban/strike-

VICTORY CAN BE OURS!

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
MU %- 55-45 pit

Pika Pros/Cons-
Pros:
fast
harder to gimp
Easy kill setup if DI wrong
Projectile gimp if Woi too close to stage
Buffered f throw setup at low damage to another throw or to up smash. (di not counted properly)

COns:
Bad at ranged characters
light still

Pit Pros/Cons-
ranged
projectiles
reflector
attacks are fast
can spike pika early
racks damage fast

If pit didn't have his range, this would be a far harder matchup. Pits reflector stalls pika's mid damage rack up area. Range + speed over pika seems to out weigh him the most which gives it pits favor.

Stages with platform are good against pika.
Ban PS 1 and or yoshi island.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Well I know FD is Pikas best stage, but its not exactly bad for us either. I agree about taking them to places with platforms. Ill see if I can get some games with anther today at this tourny im supposed to go to.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pika isn't that tough, suprisingly. Originally I thought he would be very hard to hit, and generally really annoying. But its not that terrible at all.

- Keeping him at bay with accurate arrows is a nice annoyance for Pika. You want to beat him in the camp game by hitting him with arrows and reflecting T-Jolts.

- Remember his dash-attack actually goes underneath straight arrows, so be careful about spamming because Pika can catch you offguard. This is key at high percents since Pika's will love to run and U-Smash you.

- Reflecting T-Jolts is nice. Be careful when reflecting Thunder since I think Pit's shield doesn't reflect it when Pit is directly in its path.

-Pika has a tricky time with Pit's ground game and U-Air. Having good practice with U-Tilt and Jab is needed to beat him in close range.

- DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN D-SMASH.

EDIT: I always thought Pika was good at stages with platforms O_o. O well.

Wingless

Smash Cadet
^ I definitely agree. Platforms seem to better Pika's overall game. Depending on those...well, their quickness and T-jolt seems bettered with platforms.

I used to hate pikachu, but it isn't so hard once you figure it out. We DEFINITELY can out camp pikachu, so it's better to just play a defensive game until Pika goes majorly offensive...as long as you remember not to roll behind him and get caught in a D-smash, I'm pretty sure we can lock it up.

I think we have the upperhand. Personally, for Pika, I don't do anything special. No majorly advanced combos...just watch and wait for them to mess up. Otherwise, I'll probably end up doing something stupid and lose control.
,...I'm not sure if that made sense

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I also think platforms better Pika's game. If we jump on a platform and he's below us, we're in a bad position. Plus, we can't reflect Pika's Down B if he's under a platform.

And yes, don't get caught in down B. Not getting caught saves A LOT of damage. And yes, because he's small, it makes it a bit easier to dodge arrows. But you just need to aim carefully and watch how he plays. Once you figure out his game, you can easily take advantage of him.

Also, watch out for Bairs. For some reason they're extremely annoying.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
If a pikachu starts using a lot of QAC, witch atack should we use to out space him?
Nair? DSmash? AAA?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nitrix is a glaceon too?! =X

Anyways, I hate fighting Pit. He's fast enough and disjointed enough to outspace Pika and make CQC hell, and at long range, he can countercamp with his arrows. As Pika, we really need to be on our punishment game and use any openings we're given at mid-range to jump in and put the pressure on for as long as possible.

I try to keep Pit above me or offstage as much as possible. It's much better than trying to deal with his ground game.

~55:45 Pit, imo.

Btw, you guys should post a link to this thread in the Pika forum (unless you did already and I missed it). I'm sure more Pikas would come to contribute!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
LOL MS works on quick attack as a gimp. SCORE!!
you have NO IDEA how hard it is to do against pika

anyways this matchup is about as even as it comes in my opinion pika has some nice thnigs going for him but you need to worry about his crazy speed and QUack thunders THEY HURTTTTT and ive been killed by 1 as low as 50% on a sweet spot to remedy this angel ring their thunder and you can do some real damage by angel ring>reflect thunder

SPACE YOUR MOVES you have a bit of a range advantage on pika just be careful

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I'd say 55:45 Pit.

Good things for Pit:

- Jab and other ground attacks are good at preventing Pika from getting close range combat
- F-Smash, D-Smash and B-Air make nice use of Pika's low weight, and since Pika needs close range there are a fair amount of opportunities to get kills.
- Mirror Shield and Angel Ring reflect the projectiles, while Arrows force an approach

Bad things for Pit:

- Pika's Dash goes underneath straight arrows and can take advantage of the lag. Watch out for Dash->U-Smash at high % if you are spamming.
- Thunder can still be really annoying if Pit is caught in the center. I think Mirror Shield and Angel Ring only work when it is beside you.

Pit;s strengths in this matchup aren't huge, but by forcing Pika to approach and hurting his close range combat I think it is slightly in his favour.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
you have NO IDEA how hard it is to do against pika
Not really, you have to predict their recovery.

Some sense you can see they will Quick onto stage.
At certain positions you see that they would most likely see they will go for the edge.
Safest options for most to make it is to go for the sweet spot ledge. If someone chases.
You aim, in between them and the ledge. Or they will land on stage which also gives some time to punish since mirror shield last about the same as a regular attack.

Top Bottom