• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Video Thread

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha covered man, well on this thread anyway.

It's funny that your match was the one I cared about most since I struggle against a Snake in my region. I don't think I can ever understand how Anther's movement pressure can be so good :upsidedown:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman

Gunta12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gunta12
3DS FC
2449-4844-5154

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Anther recently attended Project: SSBMSU and had sets against a lot of people on stream. Keep an eye out on the GLS youtube channel :)

Gunta12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gunta12
3DS FC
2449-4844-5154
Anther recently attended Project: SSBMSU and had sets against a lot of people on stream. Keep an eye out on the GLS youtube channel :)
Hey, Yata! Tell Anther to critique my matches! You know him better than me.

Just kidding (kinda), I just wanted to say hi!

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
He'll probably tell you something like "you need to edgeguard better and your fundamentals are kinda rough"

I do think you're giving Squirtle's water gun too much respect. Work on mixing up how to utilize shield pressure as well: you up smashed and dash attacked shields so often and if dirt actually punished it you'd have stopped a lot sooner and gone for some grabs. You have a habit of coming down with aerials as well. Note as well that Dirtboy is DIing your throw 100% of the time and avoiding any follow-ups. I don't know what else Pikachu has for throws but mixing that up might be effective. As for side-b: dirtboy uses it A LOT and you never picked up the counterplay of it which is really just to jump over it. You also could throw out decently strong hitboxes to break the armor on it, but jumping over and chasing down is just safer overall. Pikachu is fast enough to chase Squirtle down and punish the endlag, so do it instead of giving him free crossup shield pressure to work with. Up air OOS might be good to punish those situations as well: I believe you combo into a back air guaranteed? Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. Dirt was also catching you with the forward throw DI trap, which you just have to DI down and away to escape. Setting up techchases on squirtle is very good as well due to his really bad tech rolls. I don't know exactly how you'd go about that, but it's something to keep in mind.

I can't really comment on Yoshi as much since Snake has a really niche way of dealing with that matchup whereas the Squirtle matchup is pretty normal regardless of character.

Last edited:

Gunta12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gunta12
3DS FC
2449-4844-5154
Thanks, Yata!!
It really helped.

I'll go back to Michigan and kick some butts!

Top Bottom