• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Videos!

Linguini

Smash Master
A set that I played in the Gigabits tournament this past weekend was recorded during the low tier tournament and I would like to get some feedback on my pika.
These matches were really good and intense and I would appreciate peoples opinion's.
Please don't criticize too much becuase this was actually like the second time ive ever played pikachu and I had never played him in a tournament before.
Check them out!

AngryLobster vs Linguini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvrVGeSWl4k -Match 1 Ness vs Pikachu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sL9A7W_nfA -Match 2 Young Link vs Pikachu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-eHqlIA9oc -Match 3 Ness vs Pikachu

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
u only posted this yesterday, and the pika character specifics arnt really that popular. so u might have to wait a little. i only watched the 1st one, and i noticed a few to many rolls. but thats me, im not tope or tope jr or anything, but yeah.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I watched them the day you posted, even though it was your 2nd time playing with Pikachu.

Stop trying to grab your opponent so much, and when you do you really don't do much to follow it up with anything else. You shfflnair a lot to the point that you become predictable as well.

I didn't like the matches that much, they bored me. But I like the speed of your pika when it moves around, use that speed to string your combos a lot more, because there were times when I saw that you could've gain momentum easily but you didn't.

I'll watch the matches again to give you some better critique though.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Not enough pressure at the edge, you should really aim more for easy Uair spikes. Also, don't always approach with Nair, and stop rolling afterward, it seems like you hold your L/R button too long.

Maybe one little more advice, work on some reset combos. Ex: SHFFLE Fair -> jab -> dthrow -> Usmash. The kind of stuff that gives more damage than just Uthrow -> Uair.

Your speed is good, but work on not rolling too much and more pressure !

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah, I knew i had to do that, but this ness was really tricky and if I did anything but up throw him he would punish me, thanks for the feedback though.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
good shty linguini...your pika is pretty nasty...good speed..good tech...but like the others said...stop rolling so much...besides that i think your fine..yeah you might spam nair or fair...but thats what pikas do...thats what i do atleast..good job...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom