• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu stages?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm fairly new to playing Pikachu (not counting the time I spent mashing buttons when I was 6), so I don't know what kind of stages to pick for him. I know not to pick Dreamland because that makes his U-Smash not viable at lower percents, but what stages should I optimally pick or ban while playing Pikachu?

N64

Smash Champion
It's pretty matchup-dependant. FD is nice against characters he can chainthrow (fox, falco, falcon) and chars that suffer from the lack of platforms (i.e. ganon). Yoshis and FoD are good against characters who do well with space to establish control (i.e. the Links, Samus, etc.) or who may live too long on other stages (Peach, Jiggs, etc.). Stadium can be good against floaties or characters that have particular trouble navigating the transformations. Dreamland is good if you need space to maneuver (i.e. against Marth) or are against characters with poor recoveries (Marios etc.). Battlefield is good if you want a mix of those things, like just enough space to move around while still having usmash be potent.

Also pick to your preference. Pikachu does ok on pretty much any stage, pick whichever you're most comfortable on.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if there was a specific best stage (like Marth on FD), but it sounds like it is based more on personal preferences and matchups. I'll definitely use this when I'm playing Pikachu.

uboa

Smash Rookie
Battlefield is really good. Your recovery is really good and isn't hurt by the lack of a wall under the stage, unlike most of the characters. Upsmash kills relatively early and you have good edgeguard angles. And if you want to style there's an easy up-b edgecancel you can do to edgecancel on top platform.

Top Bottom