• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu -> Raichu?

ssmb fan

Smash Rookie
That's not how Pokemon works.
I know that but I still think it would be an interesting concept. Maybe Raichu could be one of pikachu's costumes, like how you could change Peach into Daisy. I dont know, I just thought it ight be interesting to play as Raichu.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
With the existing trend of sheik players, players will more than often choose the faster of the two characters. Hence Pikachu would always be chosen anyway, and he will be less effective due to the loss of a move to fit in it's transform command.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
A Raichu color change for Pikachu would be alright, but as for him randomly evolving to Raichu and back again.... I say no.

MuMastr

Smash Rookie
at high percents you could evolve, but it would take alot of time and you would be venerable

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
should be an alt color... just raichu colors, no need to change the model

S3rious

Smash Cadet
Not really a good idea is it people are happy with pikachu why change it?

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
Its a cool consept but it shouldn't happen. Pikachu once turns into Richu couldn't change back so you'd be stuck with him.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Ash's Pikachu is... somewhat exceptional. Fortunately, since Ash is not Red, Blue, or Yellow, he really doesn't matter.

Ash's Pikachu killing that Raichu barely even made sense... either Pikachu was a much higher level, or got lucky on Raichu's miss chances. From what I remember, Raichu has vastly improved stat growth.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Ash's Pikachu is... somewhat exceptional. Fortunately, since Ash is not Red, Blue, or Yellow, he really doesn't matter.

Ash's Pikachu killing that Raichu barely even made sense... either Pikachu was a much higher level, or got lucky on Raichu's miss chances. From what I remember, Raichu has vastly improved stat growth.
Actually it did make sense.. That raichu was probably a low level since it was evolved as soon as he got it. If you can't hit your opponent then you are basically finished.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
No...just no. Raichu would never be an alternate costume, let alone a transformation. It would not be an interesting concept at all, it doesn't even make sense. End of story.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Technically. If pikachu was to evolve into raichu, it would actually double in power, speed, defence and everything else, effectively making him god tier.

Gojithefox

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is far more popular in Japan than Raichu. Ash, Red and Yellow's Pikachu were all exceptionally powerful Pokemon. In the games, a Pikachu with Light Ball is far more useful than Raichu, and has one of the highest special attacks in the 3rd generation.

pikachu22

Smash Cadet
i have been playing Pika for years and i think itwould be kinda cool....you know to change things up....maybe not as a whole nothr character but maybe a final smash??

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is far more popular in Japan than Raichu. Ash, Red and Yellow's Pikachu were all exceptionally powerful Pokemon. In the games, a Pikachu with Light Ball is far more useful than Raichu, and has one of the highest special attacks in the 3rd generation.
In 4th gen, it doubles his attack as well, making Volt Tackle absolutely vicious.

A costume of Raichu would be nice, but I'll stick with my Pika, thank you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pikachu with the Light Ball and Volt Tackle

Kicks ***...

**** Volt Tackle only being for Pikachu

gamelord723

Smash Rookie
It would be cool but then every pokemon would transform
Riolu ---> Lucario

Plus it would be like a final smash and that would mean no volt tackle(Even if it's a sd waiting to happen lol)

squarez

Smash Apprentice
haha evolving and de-evolving, this isnt digimon. Also does anyone doubt that Ash's pikachu is like lvl 99 or 100 by now.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
no, pikachu haxxors
we don't need Raichu, it's too infamous, and would be another clone, there are better Pokémon to make playable

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Technically. If pikachu was to evolve into raichu, it would actually double in power, speed, defence and everything else, effectively making him god tier.
Um... no. If you play the Pokemon games, Pikachu tend to be used more than Raichu because of the Light Ball item. Which literally doubles Pikachu's offensive ability.

Second point, PIKACHU IS NOT ASH'S. He comes from a Pokeball. Thus, he is just a generic Pikachu. Or quite possibly, the evolved form of Melee's Pichu.

Lastly, ya, Raichu pretty much fails. Not as cute, if he was implemented, he wouldn't be as fast, and his noises are annoying.

Top Bottom