• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Pikachu Q&A Thread (Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, it's my first time peeking into this character board... I may not be able to say much, but if anything, I'm here to spread the light and wish Anther a Happy Birthday! :4pikachu:

From yours truly. :4palutena::4pit:

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Don't know if this has been brought on topic, but what are you guys favorite/cutest Pikachu taunt?
Mine has to be Down Taunt. I can't deny how adorable he looks

Angiance

Smash Lord
Have fun with your social discussion in the ****ing Q/A, when about every other board seperates the **** because they have this thing called -common sense-

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Have fun with your social discussion in the ****ing Q/A, when about every other board seperates the **** because they have this thing called -common sense-
Whoa, dude. Calm down. Does it really even matter?
We would just be having two barely used threads instead of one. :p

Angiance

Smash Lord
Yes, it does matter...if someone asks a question and it gets bumped off page by a conversation, then what? Whatevee, idgaf, have fun with this idiot thread design

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It's fine, you can talk about whatever. Important questions won't be missed since this thread is really slow.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Hey guys & gals. Current ROB & Sheik main with an interest in picking up Pikachu. Been playing a bit as Pika recently, and really like the way the char feels and such. But, I do have a quick question... what are some general "strategies" for Pika in the neutral. I really don't know/can't figure out his options in the neutral outside of looking for a grab at low %s, possible Thunderjolt approaches, or FF F-air into stuff.

Thx in advance. :)
Be a little yellow pain in the ass with QA and Tjolt. Your goal is to get a grab or utilt if they're not in kill%, because either of those means 30+% damage for you.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The correct tittle is
Pikachu Social Thread (QAs go here!)

Eonn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirEon
How do I mix up recoveries? Anytime I try to quick attack or skull bash over somebody they just run while I'm falling and punish, and if I sweet spot the ledge and roll/jump/attack I get punished as well.

Angiance

Smash Lord
@ Eonn Eonn
Okay, well, you can go into Training Mode and practice hitting the ledge feom multiple angles

Also: the correct title for this thread is; Idiots who are too lazy to separate social and Q&As

Soul.

Also: the correct title for this thread is; Idiots who are too lazy to separate social and Q&As
Complaining does nothing and you know it. The thread is fine as is.
Do you want everything to be your way?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
How do I mix up recoveries? Anytime I try to quick attack or skull bash over somebody they just run while I'm falling and punish, and if I sweet spot the ledge and roll/jump/attack I get punished as well.
Ledge hop to QA is great. You can always go under the stage, as well.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
No, I just want my species to be less ignorant...
Bell, this thread is also listed as a Social. It is in the title of the thread, and there is no other active thread dedicated to the task. Unless and until that changes this is where social activities are supposed to occur.

Complaining is one thing. I don't entirely disagree with your stance and would recommend taking up complaints with the proper channels. However, insulting a community you are a part of is only going to bring negative attention to yourself, and will do nothing for the issue.

I know you've described yourself as an aggressive and abrasive person in the past, and that it's largely a part of how you are. While I understand that, in this instance it is not acceptable behavior.

I am telling you this as a friend. Stand down. Do this properly.

I've found some success with dropping from the ledge into a hopped aerial. You can also bait out a punish, if you have some idea of what they're going to use, and jump or QA around it when they whiff.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
When going against Pikachu, how can I deal with Fullhopped Thunderjolts and Quick Attack? I have no idea how to fight Pikachu and as cute as he is, I personally can't stand him in this game and find him painfully annoying to battle. I've only been encountering him more and more lately (both offline and online) and it seems like everybody plays him, with each fight more torturing than the last, and said two moves are the main obstacles I can't bypass. I know its real weird to be asking for advise against your own character and I don't intend to cause any trouble here , but I would still love some insight on this so I can douse my frustrations with it so I can deal with it the next time I see one.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean...I said to go ahead with this design, I don't care truthfully~♡♡♡
Truthfully? I care. I feel like we do need a dedicated thread for off-topic discussion, separate from Q&A. I've felt like it for a while. I've felt like it since last September. I've been holding my breath, but I really feel like I need to get this out now.

I feel that we as a community haven't taken the time to form bonds above and beyond sharing a main, and that's left us less a community and more a loose confederation of people swapping useful tips. That's pretty much why I haven't been able to stick around, myself, and why I feel the Pikas have been somewhat...isolated? That's just what I feel, it may not be the best word.

Those of us who can contribute passion, but not information, have to take that passion elsewhere. And so we have.

Behind these usernames, we're all people. We're passionate about different things. We have stories. We have interests. We have things we share with each other, even with the other communities beyond the Pikas. There's just no place to let all this out.

I really don't know how else to put it. My only hope is I'm not the only one who feels like this. Hell, if I'm not the only one, and it's cool with @ Pikabunz Pikabunz , I'm even willing to start up such a thread.

Pardon how long this took to post, by the way; I've had to rewrite it a few times now.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Um should I main pika
My current Mains are Kirby, Zelda, Peach, Villager, and as you can see....... They have similar problems with each other xD
I like to generally be aggressive, but play characters that have simple, but interesting moves. I like to go for grabs a lot.
As much as I kinda...have. A problem with Pika....(he's good in all 4 smash games......come on, give other characters a chance too Sakurai :/)
I think he may fit me, but his Techniques might be a little tough, but I may be able to do it.
Any tips I should know about Pika? What should I really take advantage of, his edge guarding game or something?
What moves should I utilize most, please and thanks

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
If we really want to get some social interraction going, we could start a forum game thread or two (if that's not against any rules) mafia is always a good one.

Soul.

If @ Pikabunz Pikabunz is fine with the idea of having a separate Q&A thread and this one being a social, then yeah I'm okay with that.
Unfortunately I doubt it's going to work. This thread is so slow. But whatever works, works.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I do see an irony in the fact that @ Angiance Angiance ,who apparently has a very, shall we say, condecending personality (and that's fine, I just want to point this out) is pushing for a deadicated social thread. That's pretty damn funny.

Soul.

I hope this is the first and last time I see someone complaining because of the way how a thread works. Maybe.

Top Bottom