• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu dthrow to dsmash

smashbropika

Smash Rookie
Does anyone use dthrow-->dsmash often? I don't know if it happens on all characters but if you are able to pull it off without them DI'ing it or being too floaty the other character goes flying, kind of like Pika in a super wavedash, especially if they jump right after. I can't see where it would be an advantage to use this but it is kind of cool and it makes everybody go wtf?!?!
Just wondering.

SweetVictory

Smash Rookie
I use it sometimes. I don't catch myself using it that much, but I seem to remember it having quite some knockback. :)

N64

Smash Champion
Occasionally. Only works on medium weight chars, and a lot of med weight chars have a nair that will come out fast enough to beat you to the dsmash. I usually just sheildgrab after dthrow or techchase. Or I'll uthrow them into nair or dair.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I do this sometimes, but I find it usually only works on characters at 0% where dthrow to usmash would work as well, and I like that better. :)

Top Bottom