• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PikaBuu Combo/Music Video Project is a GO!! It's finally done!

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman

It's finally here! The wait is over!! PikaBuu is now done!! Through a TON of trials and multiple hardships, the Pika

vid Project of the last remaining days before Brawl is upon us! Hoorah!

I have spent so much time and patience with this vid project, that I've been tempted to give up on multiple occasions.

It's been really hard with my computer crashing a LOT.

But, I'm finally done with it, so here ya go!!!

Downloadable
File Front

High Quality PikaBuu - Large file size - 186 MB

Low Quality PikaBuu - Smaller - 23 MB

Streaming
Youtube - PikaBuu

WATCH VID FIRST!!!

Here's a list of all the problems I had with this project:

- Captured a lot of footage (that I had to sort through)
- Holiday hours at work (less time to work on the vid)
- Video Editing Program randomly crashing at the most inopportune times (after only about 4 or 5 edits, the program would crash)
- With so much footage, saving the project took about 4 1/2 minutes each time (and since I had to save often (see above), you can imagine the stress it caused:urg: )
- I had to find good pictures online of anime Pikachu for several sections and edit them in Photoshop (which took awhile)
- Recording the credits clips (and controlling both characters) by myself in Action Replay (took quite a long time to record and capture by oneself)
- Getting feedback from roommates and friends (changing and editing things to others' suggestions was hard, as I'm stubborn like that:psycho: )
- Going through multiple song choices before deciding on one set I really liked
- Designing new techniques and ledgeguarding tricks after the vid was almost done, but not including them (makes me sad)
- In the credits, I listed Bart/Balloon as Roy, yet didn't show the red Roy he plays (Cuz he didn't come to very many weeklies so I could record some matches:( )
Very special thanks goes out to t!mmy and T0MMY for their help in helping me capture some good footage and to all the people I played.
- Juce (Fox, Falco, Falcon, DK)
- Bart (Falcon, Roy)
- Ronin (Dr. Mario, Marth)
- Damedesu (Peach)
- Peach Masta (Peach, Jigglypuff)
- Shin (Ganondorf) I play you all the time! Luv Ya!!
- Kenpachi (Sheik, I know I forgot to put you in the credits, that's why I'm acknowledging you here!)
- Aftermath (I know you weren't in the vid AT ALL, but it's fun playing you!)
- t!mmy/T0MMY (A bunch of characters, notably the ones in the vid that didn't get mentioned until the credits. Namely Samus and Mario)

Now I can get back to the other games I've been playing:) Until Brawl comes out:) (Dang, then more videos.

(SHEESH):chuckle:

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
i have to admit: the first few minutes weren't very impressive. but after the fainting/leveling up part it got really enjoyable with all the fluid nairs and uairs and edgeguarding =p. definately an entertaining combo vid. great music! =D

N64

Smash Champion
The first half is pretty pointless and a little annoying. Lots of flashing between one-two hits, or sometimes just the opponent screwing up, and then some shots of you getting owned for doing dumb stuff. Just isn't very impressive, heh. The second half was actually pretty decent. Impressive combos (though some were assisted by lack of teching and poor recovery choices, but that's what combo vids are about right?), fluid movements, etc. Credits, while I liked the theme, were long. Credits shouldn't take longer than about 1/5 of the vid max.

Overall good work. Decent watch with some intereting parts to it.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I plan on releasing a vid only and a credits only link soon. And I might shorten the credits. Meh

Thanks everyone for the support!

Top Bottom