• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Angiance

Smash Lord
It's funny how if a character gets even one single projectile, it becomes so "important" to the meta game. Oh, we got ONE projectile, let's revolve the meta game around it!

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
pit being a great example of that^ XD

I have no idea how to deal with G&Ws nair and Bair I dont understand how the hell to punish this character XD anyone have any good vids to study? his movements feel so spastic and weird.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You generally don't use T-jolt at all against G&W considering he can run off-stage and bucket it with no fear of being punished (Since it's hard as **** to hit G&W off-stage)

Bucket breaking is mitigated slightly due to electrical attacks haven't more forced hitstun which makes him go farther before he can bucket break. I also know that u-tilt thunder will connect before bucket will come out, but U-smash thunder will not.

Angiance

Smash Lord
pit being a great example of that^ XD

I have no idea how to deal with G&W's nair and Bair I dont understand how the hell to punish this character XD anyone have any good vids to study? his movements feel so spastic and weird.
Well, we can read the N-Air then stutter-step a F-Smash for nasty damage! (20+ damage!), or we can use our powerful OoS play against it.

His B-Air is pretty cool, but we've got things for it!

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
Well, we can read the N-Air then stutter-step a F-Smash for nasty damage! (20+ damage!), or we can use our powerful OoS play against it.

His B-Air is pretty cool, but we've got things for it!

We can read anything in the game. When talking about characters matchups you can't take reading into account, its straight up this characters tools against that characters tools.

Angiance

Smash Lord
I mean, projectiles are okay...but damn like, when you see the same slow ass (17 frames of start-up for T-Jolt, I think) attack used so many times in the same way (Thunder for edge-guarding too), it makes you think "Wow! The meta-game may need to advance a tad!." Y'know, you rely on one thing too much and you'll become blind to the other things avaiable, which could lead to a very poor playstyle.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I mean, projectiles are okay...but damn like, when you see the same slow *** (17 frames of start-up for T-Jolt, I think) attack used so many times in the same way (Thunder for edge-guarding too), it makes you think "Wow! The meta-game may need to advance a tad!." Y'know, you rely on one thing too much and you'll become blind to the other things avaiable, which could lead to a very poor playstyle.
Yeah, although some projectiles are very limited in their uses (although inventing new stuff is hard anyway). I really want to see a Link or a TLink abusing their projectile game really well.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
After watching Anther play, I am convinced to be too prosaic to play this character

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
They have played before... ESAM claims that he won in friendlies, but it was close. This was at MLG Columbus, the only tournament that they have both been in attendance for IIRC
ESAM should be able to correct me on this, after all he is my source of this info lol

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
ESAM is currently the most skilled and most knowledgeable pikachu. Him and Kprime are the ones who shaped the meta for Pika. Kprime is like our Dojo of the MKs; the godfather. Anther WAS the best back in the day, but now ESAM is the best.

Eric, I don't "want your D" like you agreed to in ZeRo's chat last night. I respect you and look up to you as a Pika player. But I don't worship you.

Anigiance you're in no way the most knowledgeable Piakachu. You're the one that asks the most questions. I have a few tournaments under my belt and I STILL don't consider myself to be anything near top 25 pikachus. You need to go to a tournament it will open your eyes wide open.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO AGAINST A COMPUTER! YOU'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO A DAMN TOURNAMENT!

Haha! You honestly think YOU'RE the most knowledgeable pikachu? A nobody; A NOBODY. Just a kid from Tennessee that does nothing but ask a billion questions that you can figure out yourself by just going into training mode.
SHOTS FIRED!
I don't claim to be the ****! I know my character and don't try and spout it out to the whole boards! But I know that I'm not important because I KNOW MY PLACE! I bet my regions noob's would JV 4 stock you with Fox!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I would tell Ramsaur to stop being a ****, but he's right.

On the real, the most knowledgeable Pikachu is DEFINITELY KPrime, followed by me. Angiance, you don't know sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit, hence asking questions like is uair punishable. Every aerial pikachu has is minus on shield, so you can ALWAYS be punished.

ICs don't go even with PIkachu, they win +1 at least on the current restricted stagelist #BringbackMLGstages

Anther and I went even in friendlies at MLG Columbus, like 3-3 or 4-4 or something. I placed 7th at that tournament while anther placed like 49th tho.

Also also, I would hope nobody worships me, I'm a guy playing video games and making some money at it. Why would you ever worship me? You can respect me for being godlike, but other than that...it's a little excessive.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I'm not your friend. And you just don't get it do you. Maybe one day you'll figure it out. We don't give a **** even if you know every Pika tech in the book. No one knows who you are. If you want people to trust you and respect you go take a tournament.

Anther

Smash Champion
I would tell Ramsaur to stop being a ****, but he's right.

On the real, the most knowledgeable Pikachu is DEFINITELY KPrime, followed by me. Angiance, you don't know sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit, hence asking questions like is uair punishable. Every aerial pikachu has is minus on shield, so you can ALWAYS be punished.

ICs don't go even with PIkachu, they win +1 at least on the current restricted stagelist #BringbackMLGstages

Anther and I went even in friendlies at MLG Columbus, like 3-3 or 4-4 or something. I placed 7th at that tournament while anther placed like 49th tho.

Also also, I would hope nobody worships me, I'm a guy playing video games and making some money at it. Why would you ever worship me? You can respect me for being godlike, but other than that...it's a little excessive.
<3. Isn't respecting a god known as worship!

You're definitely a much better player than me technically and mentally. The only reason I probably did well in the friendlies was because I played pika dittos all the time ;p.

That said, they'd probably be really fun matches for everyone to watch.. or a complete curbstomp. I'll find you someday esam >;x. I'm pretty sure the TO's would love to put us on the same side of the bracket =p.

Anther is back baby
All this trouble because you posted it in the faq thread ;p.

After watching Anther play, I am convinced to be too prosaic to play this character
LOL <3.

Oh mah gooooosh, I wanna seeeeeeee!
I have good sets recorded against Chibo, Flash, and Vex in Brawl. Vex definitely did nasty things to me with DDD so.. I'll have to learn from that one. I'll post the links up when they're uploaded.

Top Bottom