• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pierce wants to talk about Zelda. All come hither

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I wanna give some apologies for A2Z comments...as a Mario main that he is and me, we do not want to interfiere with your metagame, but btw, i've read a lot of this thread and i can clearly see that Zelda have potential. Before the tier list was released, i was thinking about her because a dear friend mained Zelda but she was not advancing with her, and then i was searching some stuff about her and thinking how could she be good as Zelda and i found a lot of hard things to overcome...

As a Low tier, i can tell you to never give up with a char that you like, it doesn't matter how people look at you or the things that they say, eventually, you get good with someone, even if it's Ganon and can become someone "different" from the others, well, that's all, good luck...-

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So regarding Zelda's recovery, I find horizontally recovering while falling makes it very difficult for opponents to discern whether you are targeting the ledge or the stage if done correctly, and will result in you landing with minimal lag if you do indeed target the stage. When done at a proper distance, this makes it exceptionally tricky to cover the correct option. This is primarily how I recover with Zelda. Additionally, I often recover to platforms, since they are less readily accessible. If I DI properly though, I will most often just bypass using recovery specials, and float back to the stage. Basically, Zelda's recovery should be treated like Falco's when forced to use a recovery option.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I try to go the whole match without ever needing to Up B. With proper DI you can make do with her slow falling speed and double jump most of the time.

If I'm ever in a situation where I have to Up B

A. Platforms help
B. Do it before you go below parallel with the ledge
C. If you're in a situation where you know a punish is coming think about the DI ahead of time
D. Remind myself that I'm Up-B ing and to DI better next time so I won't have to

Also if an opponent steals the ledge from you and you're out of your double jump, don't rely on the fire to burn them off the ledge just Up B right away and directional it depending on where you are in relation to the ledge.

Top Bottom