• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picture Perfect: How to improve Snapshots?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, yeah, pretty much what the title says.

How can we improve the taking of snapshots? One of issues I have is that you can't zoom in enough on the character on certain stages.

One idea, besides more zoom, that I had was to bring back Melee's snapshot mode, but to improve it more, we should be able to do a frame-by-frame check on the Replays we take. Example: You record a battle, then use this Snapshot mode to search this Replay for snapshot gold (Or something you'd want to take a picture of).

Once again, how would you improve the snapshot-taking of SSB for SSB4? Let's hear'em.

(I hope this sort of thread isn't up, yet. :I]

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
I would love it if they made it so that on the Wii U pad the camera mode from Melee was there all the time, but players can still pause the game and take pics, and I would like it if you could record small parts of a battle and save them in the replays or something.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
keep the way that it was made in Brawl (pause, and then take the picture), but with Melee-like zoom and angles, would be fine for me.

and not much related to snapshots, but replays: add your idea of frame-by-frame check, make them longer than 3 minutes, and again, add Melee-like zoom and angles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Higher quality snapshots should be considered too. Basically, when you save the snapshot, it'll be saved as a .png image, and its size resolution can be up to 1920x1080 pixels.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Well the only reason that the SSB games have such restricted cameras is due to all the clipping that characters suffer from, and incomplete backgrounds, so I really doubt we will have better camera control unless they fix these lazy issues.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The pause camera has been drastically improved in each game. I'm fine with how it is in Brawl. I mean you can even take snapshots while yer watching replays!
Although the ultimate camera tool would be to allow us to view replays with a "controlled camera robot" that has full 3-dimensional movement around the stage. And the ability to slow down, speed up, and rewind replays.
The only reason the camera is restricted in some ways is because they don't want us to see what is on the other side if we turned the camera all the way around. Presumably we would see ourselves sitting on the couch through the eyes of the TV.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
It would be cool if there was an official website that you could upload snapshots (and replays) to. I know the dojo did a few snapshot showcases, but this would be a persistent site that you could access in-game and check out.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Higher quality snapshots should be considered too. Basically, when you save the snapshot, it'll be saved as a .png image, and its size resolution can be up to 1920x1080 pixels.
I quote that. As long as the transfering to your PC is simpler and doesn't require an external website to decrypt the files.
I mean: 1920x1080 pixels in pgn is an heavy file!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I quote that. As long as the transfering to your PC is simpler and doesn't require an external website to decrypt the files.
I mean: 1920x1080 pixels in pgn is an heavy file!
At least .png compresses images, unlike the .tga image format; .tga images are typically decompressed.

JPW

Smash Ace
Definitely make them Jpg or Png. So they are easier to transfer.

I guess what i would like moreso is the ability to rewind and maybe fast forward. So you don't miss that perfect shot. So many times i've realised i've missed a good shot or when i'm trying to find it and i have to watch the whole replay over again to get it right.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You can take pictures of Trophies in SSBB. So, with that said, what if trophy limbs could move like action figures, and you could take photos of those? I think that would be badass.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. Full 360 degree control of the camera.
2. More picture angles and settings (like the ones in the Melee camera mode thingy).
3. Some sort of image editor.
4. Higher quality pictures (HD).
5. Better image format.
6. The ability to easily upload images to the WiiU and 3DS' online systems, as well as put or upload the images on various websites.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, here are some notes that I have down...

1: A screenshot that has a size resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels will use 5,760,044 bytes (5.49 MB) when saved as a .tga image, and has an alpha layer. The file size gets reduced to 4,320,044 bytes (4.11 MB) when the alpha layer is removed.

2: A screenshot that has a size resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels will use 8,294,444 bytes (7.91 MB) when saved as a .tga image, and has an alpha layer. The file size gets reduced to 6,220,844 bytes (5.93 MB) when the alpha layer is removed.

3: A .tga image is almost always decompressed, meaning that its file size never alters at all if the size resolution remains untouched.

This pretty much means that if you take a snapshot, and it's saved as a .png image, with a size resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, it'll never use more than 7.91 MB (5.93 MB with the alpha layer disabled). If you're using a hefty sized SD card, or even an SDHC card, you should be okay.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What about the trophies snapshots? I think four backgrands are not enough. this time I want at least nine of them.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I want easier transfer photos with better res when transfered.

Also they should offer a tutorial featuring Todd from Pokemon Snap. A great little easter egg for a great game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had an idea cross me, and what about stop-motion picture-taking with Trophy-Action Figures?

That is actually awesome. Really awesome. Now, you sickos can make Lucario and Samus- *shot*

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol figures you could actually pose would end up in tons of NSFW madness. I'm in.
Now people won't rush to see who's the first person who can see up Peach's dress. They could just pose her figure.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol figures you could actually pose would end up in tons of NSFW madness. I'm in.

Now people won't rush to see who's the first person who can see up Peach's dress. They could just pose her figure.

:phone:
It was a joke, bra~

But in seriousness, posing like that would be awesome. I believe the word is mannequin? Well, anyways a model for such can be like one of those.

Top Bottom