• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picture of Zelda using Light Arrows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Nothing so far? Rats. Well, let's keep on the lookout. We might just see something interesting.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Nothing so far? Rats. Well, let's keep on the lookout. We might just see something interesting.

I do't think I'll have the card scans up for hours. As you may remember, my website was the first site ANYWHWERE to reveal last month's CoroCoro, and my source isn't going to have them until later on.

I'll keep trying to discover what I can.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Well then we just have to be patient. Good luck with your contact!

I was trying to see if I could see the rest of the pictures in this person's album, but I can't find the search function. I assume it requires a membership. Does anyone have one? We might find more there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never said the picture was fake. I said the "translation" of the Japanese on the card is likely untrue if the person was reading it from the picture.
Oh...

I was just under the assumption that person that was able to get a picture of the card and etc. wrote what was on it and someone else translated it from that

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm curious. I take it this image shows a preview of the cards, right? (It's from corocoro.tv.)

If so, why does the Zelda image in the first post look so different? It would take some skill to fake an image like that, but it doesn't really look like any of those cards.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm curious. I take it this image shows a preview of the cards, right? (It's from corocoro.tv.)

If so, why does the Zelda image in the first post look so different? It would take some skill to fake an image like that, but it doesn't really look like any of those cards.
Apparently it's the back of the card...

The back has the info, moveset and Final Smash on it

The image above is the front of the card

The Shape of the card though does differ and stuff

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i think the back side of the card was suppose to reveal the final smash
(unless its designed similar to the front)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Still doesn't sit well with me, though. I can't read Japanese, but those card previews look like they list four special moves (the text on the larger characters).

Actually, here's "Special Moves" in Japanese (as on the Dojo): 必殺ワザ

I said I can't read Japanese, but zoom in on that top line, right above where I think it lists four special moves. It looks like the same word to me, so why would the moveset be listed twice?

EDIT: They definitely look like Special Moves on the authentic cards. Mario's Down Special is ポンプ, and that looks pretty similar to the Mario card's last special move. If you compared the rest of those cards with known moves, I'm sure they'd match up. So I don't buy that the card in the first post lists Zelda's special moves.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Different cards? Interesting. Though the designs CAN change from the ad to the actual finished product...it is a rather drastic change...Do we have any info on the original poster? Not the gamefaqs guy, the one who put the picture on the web. Does he have any more pictures on his account? I can't read French and I don't have a membership on that site, but does anyone here? Google translation only goes so far.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Apparently it's the back of the card...

The back has the info, moveset and Final Smash on it

The image above is the front of the card

The Shape of the card though does differ and stuff

They both have rounded corners and are exactly 3:4 in size along the lines of height:width. I'd say they are real.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
They might be saying that since the glow isn't red, blue, or green, that it's not a FS; but it is...just in case anyone had any doubts.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its her final smash no doubt, she has that aurora when having the smash ball, not to mention the bg turned dark, like with every final smash...

still shiek ftl!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, it's a final smash. I never said it wasn't. I don't think the card in the first post lists any special moves, though, so whatever translations are coming in probably aren't of the text on that card. The special moves are listed elsewhere on the cards in the Corocoro preview, so I don't think people are translating the text on that particular image. That's what I'm saying.

I guess I could buy that that's the back of the Zelda card, but not that it lists special moves along with the front of the card.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well, if the issue of CoroCoro with the cards is indeed out (which it seems to be), I can bet that we'll get a translation and pics of the card by tomorrow the latest, seeing how fast we're seeing the Corocoro.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Final Smash.

Or a move that darkens the stage and makes you glow, as if you had a final smash.

Either way, lets do the Sheik tie-in.

PT left a precedent with his final smash: Transforming characters share a final smash.
If Zelda can become Sheik, then according to that logic, Sheik should shoot the bow. It is very unlikely Sheik would have that, and therefore, we have two options:
The PT Precedence has been broken (Which may lead to an upset in balance if final smashes are inequal between transformations)
Sheik won't return.

Choose for yourself.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Definitely Final Smash.

Or a move that darkens the stage and makes you glow, as if you had a final smash.

Either way, lets do the Sheik tie-in.

PT left a precedent with his final smash: Transforming characters share a final smash.
If Zelda can become Sheik, then according to that logic, Sheik should shoot the bow. It is very unlikely Sheik would have that, and therefore, we have two options:
The PT Precedence has been broken (Which may lead to an upset in balance if final smashes are inequal between transformations)
Sheik won't return.

Choose for yourself.
Zero Suit Samus has a different Final Smash than Samus

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
If Serebii had the corocoro magazine she (girlish name, therefore she) wouldn't have been wrong about Zelda.

Prophet debunked. Go ahead and add him to the pile.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Serebii had the corocoro magazine she (girlish name, therefore she) wouldn't have been wrong about Zelda.

Prophet debunked. Go ahead and add him to the pile.
Serebii is a guy

Do you know what a Serebii is?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Surprise surprise the image is more than crappy.
I hope this isnt fake.

Stryks

Smash Hero
How can it be fake? its came with the corocoro magazine AND u clearly see zelda using the bow, using the same look from brawl and all...

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
it looks like a final smash because of her yellow glow and darkness of the background

Darkurai

Smash Master
Here's what I think. They replaced her standard special with something we'll actually use.
EDIT: Oh, it's a Final Smash.

Now we ALMOST knew everyone's Final Smash. **** you Olimar. How dare you be confirmed.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Serebii = The japanese verison of Celebi, correct?

I say Zelda/Sheik gets the Smash Ball, and activates it as either form, and the current form uses their version of the Final Smash.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The Special Moves are listed on the front of the cards. The Final Smash is explained on the back of the cards. We got a picture of the back. The translator listed the information from the front.

(And I apologize for how open this post is to innuendo. :chuckle:)

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
y'know, that arrow looks TOO big to be a standard move.

its DEFINITELY a FS.

and one that I am VERY fond of
(seeing as Sheik's chances of returning just rocketed a little)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Its her final smash no doubt, she has that aurora when having the smash ball, not to mention the bg turned dark, like with every final smash...

still shiek ftl!
What do you have against Sheik? Do you HONESTLY think that one of the most popular, widely played, and unique characters in Melee would be removed for any reason? Yea, the characters who appeared in Twilight Princess have updated appearances and Twilight Zelda has no transformation, but there's no reason Sheik can't be in Brawl as a separate character.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
What do you have against Sheik? Do you HONESTLY think that one of the most popular, widely played, and unique characters in Melee would be removed for any reason? Yea, the characters who appeared in Twilight Princess have updated appearances and Twilight Zelda has no transformation, but there's no reason Sheik can't be in Brawl as a separate character.
Not to mention the coolest character from OoT, who I was very upset to learn it was really

ZOMGZ MAJ0R 10 YEARS LONG SPOLILZ:

ZELDA IN DISGUISE!!!!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
anyone saying that aura isn't a FS aura then you've gotta be in denial at it. though I was half right, I predicted she'd use them a while back :p

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
do u guys seriously not see the glow around her that comes with every Final Smash
it certainly looks powerful to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom