• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pick 5 Unconfirmed Stages to Return

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
1. Rainbow Road - Represents my favorite incarnation of the Mario Kart track. Bring it back for Ultimate and MK9, please.
2. Fountain of Dreams - It'll look gorgeous in HD, especially with the water reflections. Great competitive stage, too.
3. Delfino Plaza - It's always loads of fun to play on, and I want to have more traveling stages like it in Smash, not less!
4. Pirate Ship - I love playing on the creative Omega form with the beautiful WWHD visuals. Have fond memories of the normal stage's shenanigans too.
5. Woolly World - Tough call for #5, but I'll take this one as it's from one of my favorite Wii U games. Hope the game's ported on Switch.

Honorable mentions to Brinstar Depths, Pac-Maze, Kongo Jungle 64, and Dream Land.
I just realized my inclusion of Dream Land might be confusing, lol. I mean the Game Boy stage on 3DS.

Well, now one's crossed off the list. Dream Land, take over the #5 spot, will you? I love all the little throwback aesthetic touches, and I'm always a big fan of transforming stages.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Yep, new list. My new free spot is given to Pirate Ship bumping the previous 5th, 4th, and 3rd spots up one.

5. Pirate Ship
- The background and overall cartoon feel to the stage was nice in both games. I enjoyed playing on it every time.

4. PictoChat X
- It's a combination between the two PictoChat stages. One was from Smash Brawl, and one was from Smash 4. They were fun.

3. Poké Floats
- Just shows how crazy the game can get. I never played it, but it looks like a fun stage to play.

2. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
- It was fun in Smash Brawl and Smash 4. I can only imagine it was fun in Melee. I really want it to return.

1. Fountain of Dreams
- The simplicity of the stage makes it favorable, and I adore the design. I just wish the reflection doesn't return in fear of Ice Climbers lagging the game.
Flat Zone X
Pac-Maze
Hanenbow
Rumble Falls
Mario Bros
Rainbow Cruise
Mute City (3DS)
Brinstar Depths

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pac-Maze: Pac-Man deserves better than being stuck with Pac-Land.
Mario Bros.: One of my favorite arcade games.
Rainbow Road: An iconic Nintendo location that should never be removed.
Jungle Hijinxs: Donkey Kong Country Returns was a fantastic game.
Fountain of Dreams: For the Fountain of Memes. Plus it's pretty.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
1) Mario Bros.
2) Hanenbow
3) Windy Hill Zone (The Sonic Lost World Stage)
4) PAC-Maze
5) Poké Floats

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
1. Rainbow Cruise
It's a fun stage that had the right place for a moving arena.

2. Peach's Castle 64
Another great stage with a fun gimmick that didn't get in the way of battling.

3. Delfino Plaza
Another great stage to battle in, things changed up enough to be interesting but not disruptive.

4. Pirate Ship
It was our go-to stage for water battles in Brawl. Overall a good layout that didn't get too messy.

5. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Another classic, it lead to some chaotic and memorable matches.

Honorable Mentions
Kirby's Dreamland 3DS, Brinstar Depths, Pac Maze, Fountain of Dreams, Gamer
I'm glad Delfino is confirmed, but now it's time to update the list.

1. Rainbow Cruise

2. Peach's Castle 64

3. Pirate Ship

4. Yoshi's Island (Melee)

5. Mute City (3DS)
I had forgotten to mention this one last time. The layout is pretty interesting and the cars acting as temporary platforms keep this stage lively. It's not very obstructive so actual battling can take place without being too distracted by the hazards.

Honorable Mentions
Kirby's Dreamland 3DS, Brinstar Depths, Pac Maze, Fountain of Dreams, Gamer

Sparrowkai1

Smash Rookie
1.Paper Mario: I love the Paper Mario games and really want him in. But if he doesn’t get in then this would be better than nothing.

2.Fountain of Dreams: I’ve never played Melee but this looks like a really cool stage and I think a lot people also want this stage back.

3.Windy Hill Zone: I like Sonic, and this stage has some great Sonic music in it. If the stage hazard toggle takes off that spring on the bottom left it would be a really cool stage.

4.Pirate Ship: This is a really cool stage, and it has really great music. It’s fun to play on casually.

5.Kongo Jungle(64): I think this is a really unique stage, and depending on what stage hazard toggle does to this stage it might be a really cool legal stage. (I think, I don’t really know much about legal stages).

Also Delfino Plaza just got revealed so that is why it isn't on this list.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I will mention that I do love Windy Hill Zone given that it just works way better as a stage than Green Hill Zone... but they might not include it as Sonic already has a stage...

Also, question, do people expect the stages on Wii U to return without issue? Because I’m leaning towards all the original Wii U stages that don’t run into specific issues (Miiverse, maaaaybe Pyropshere if not retooled) should be easy enough to bring over.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
So happy Delfino Plaza is confirmed! I thought it was very likely anyway since it was in the Wii U Smash and the new remix, but it's great to know regardless. I'll replace Delfino Plaza with Rainbow Road on my list, I think!

link3710

Smash Cadet
I will mention that I do love Windy Hill Zone given that it just works way better as a stage than Green Hill Zone... but they might not include it as Sonic already has a stage...

Also, question, do people expect the stages on Wii U to return without issue? Because I’m leaning towards all the original Wii U stages that don’t run into specific issues (Miiverse, maaaaybe Pyropshere if not retooled) should be easy enough to bring over.
Well, let's take a look at the remaining Wii U stages:
Battlefield/Final Destination/Big Battlefield - Likely replaced
Flat Zone X - Likely the Flat Zone stage we've seen, just waiting on confirmation
Gamer - Highly likely to be in, given it's the only other Wario stage.
Jungle Hyjinx - This one MAY be cut if the foreground background mechanic causes issues? It's one of the few I'm not completely confident on
Miiverse - Almost certainly not, but can't completely say no
Orbital Gate Assault - There's a photo that's probably this stage on the about page, so basically it's in
Windy Hill Zone - Sega may say no to this coming back? That's the most likely reason I'd see this cut. Or alternatively, Sakurai might have a 1 3rd party stage per IP rule, we don't know. Either way, this one is 50/50 on if it returns.
Pyrosphere - May or may not because Ridley
Wooly World - Highly Likely to come back

So of the originals, only Wooly World, Jungle Hyjinx and Gamer are really in question of the stages that don't have issues, as Orbital Gate Assault and Flat Zone X are practically confirmed. So yes, we'll probably see all the ones without issues at this point. Miiverse, Pyrospher, and Windy Hill Zone are all the likely cuts from this game. To add onto that, there's only 4 stages present in Brawl but not Wii U that aren't confirmed at this point, Hanenbow, Mario Bros, Rumble Falls, and Rainbow Cruise. so we may be seeing the entirety of Brawl and Wii U's unproblematic stages in this game (Hanenbow with Omega Form lacking music is the only truly problematic one, though Mario Bros and Rumble Falls do have tons of fan dislike.).

For reference, my thoughts on the other four stages in the game are below.

Kongo Jungle (64) - Already practically confirmed by Kongo Jungle Melee being renamed Kongo Falls
Peach's Castle (64) - Highly likely to come back
Pirate Ship (Brawl) -Highly Likely to come back
Yoshi's Island (Melee) - Highly likely to come back, but will probably receive a lesser visual overhaul than other melee stages, like both Onett and Temple, mostly focused on textures.

Anyways, my five stages:
1. Pirate Ship
2. Brinstar Depths
3. Poke Floats
4. Windy Hill Zone
5. Pac-Maze

If I get Pirate Ship back, that's enough to make this game perfect for me, but basically every stage added on top of that I'll take..

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
1. Kongo Jungle 64

2. Pirate Ship

3. Mario Bros.

4. Yoshi’s Island (Melee)

5. Jungle Hijinxs

Top Bottom