• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pick 5 Unconfirmed Stages to Return

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’ve been looking more and more at stages recently and thought it would be a fun game to see what people wanted in terms of stages from past games. We already have so many confirmed to be returning, but we still have I believe 31 stages from past games that haven’t been announced or shown at all in the coverage surrounding the game.

So, it’s simple, pick 5 and only 5 of those stages to return. If you really want Metal Cavern or a Trophy Stage to return you can pick those, but remember you only get 5 more stages in this scenario.

If the thread gets enough traction, I might do a little analysis of which stages have the most support later on. In the event of that, the order would matter, but if you just want to post your picks, feel free to.

Here’s mine:

1. Fountain of Dreams - I already expect this to be in the game honestly and I’d imagine most people want this one. It’s too beautiful to not return.

2. Brinstar Depths - I like the rotating nature of the stage, and playing with Kraid in the background to his theme is always epic. I really want this stage to return.

3. Poke Floats - Again, a massively popular stage. This one might be in a weird place cause they could do a completely new version of the stage with new Pokémon and it wouldn’t be quite a returning stage. But I want to fight on Pokemon again.

4. Gamer - One of the few stages with a gimmick I really enjoy. I like the design of the stage, love WarioWare representation, and now with a hazard toggle this stage would likely be competitive as well.

5. Delfino Plaza - Really great music, and one of the moving stages that just works best in my mind. I love seeing so much Of Isle Delfino while playing. I really hope it comes back another time.

I also wanted to say I hugely support Hannebow, but the stage itself isn’t all that great, so I’d rather a reworked Electroplankton stage (Weirdly enough a game that is special to my childhood). The stage itself isn’t good enough for me want it specifically to return though.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
1: Fountain of Dreams. Duh!

2: Delfino Plaza. It's pretty, is a fun stage to play on and feels like a mainstay now. Also the Delfino Plaza remix. Delfino's confirmed, so I'll put Rainbow Road here instead. It's pretty :3

3: Kongo Jungle 64. Nice, pretty neutral stage with a pretty sunset aesthetic.

4: Pirate Ship. I love Wind Waker and it's a fun stage with a great atmosphere.

5: Poke Floats. It's just pure fun for silly matches and it's lovely aesthetically.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mushroom Kingdom 64. Working pipes!

Kongo Jungle 64.

Zebes. Noticing a trend?

Deflino Plaza. Jungle Hijinxs. (the one from 4 if I got the name wrong).

Brinstar Depths.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Delfino Plaza

2. Fountain of Dreams

3. Pirate Ship

4. Gamer

5. Orbital Gate

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
1. Pirate Ship-Favorite Stage so yeah
2. Delfino Plaza-Nice Mario stage that isn't a auto-scroller
3. Paper Mario-nice stage to put in if they reveal Paper Mario
4. Windy Hill Zone-big Sonic stage so what's not to like
5. Poke Floats-unique stage that is unlike the rest

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
5. Icicle Mountain
4. Windy Hill Zone
3. Delfino Plaza
2. Brinstar Depths
1. Poke Floats

D

Deleted member

In no particular order:

Pirate Ship
Delfino Plaza
Fountain of Dreams
Pac-Maze
Kongo Jungle (64)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Pirate Ship
2. Delfino Plaza
3. Gamer
4. Rainbow Road
5. Pokefloats

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fountain of Dreams

Delfino Plaza

Pirate Ship

Brinstar Depths

Rainbow Road

Lazer Tuna

Smash Rookie
I mostly tend to pick the stages that are chaotic, I enjoy the shenanigans that can happen(to my fellow players chagrin)

Gamer - I had a friend who would be constantly caught by mom in this stage and developed a great dislike to it, we started calling it "______'s Stage" and have not looked back since, I also really like the minigame it is originally based on.

Orbital Gate Assault - Once again, a chaotic stage, I have good memories of this stage, one time we were playing and someone initiated a final smash right as the ship exploded, another player escaped the Triforce final smash on him but was swifly dunked by my King Dededee who had just happened to use him up special to escape falling off the stage.

Yoshi's Island(Melee) - Love being thrown all over the stage by, lots of skidding on this stage and someone always gets trapped in the middle hole.

Delfino Plaza - big fan of the game its origin is from. Would love for more music from that game to appear on this stage, beautiful scenery.

Peach's Castle(64) - mostly for the bumpers at the top of the stage and the triangle shaped blocks at the top as well, its a fun stage with unique mechanics.

EDIT: also noticed at this point that everyone above has also mentioned Defino Plaza. XD

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pokefloats - Fun stage and unless I'm mistaken it's the only missing Pokemon stage from SSBU.

Delfino Plaza - Classic stage that is always a blast.

Gamer - Really hectic stage and one of the only new SSB4 stages where the stage gimmick isn't too annoying.

Kongo Jungle 64 - Amazing background and would be nice to have this classic return.

Pirate Ship - Love this stage and the Omega variant is pretty cool.

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
1. Delfino Plaza - Was an amazing stage that was fun in Brawl and Sm4sh, and everyone wants it back.

2. Gamer - a great hectic stage that was a really neat representation of WarioWare

3. Hanenbow - Probably no one wants this stage back, but I liked it. It was a unique stage that separated it from the others.

4. Pac-Maze - A better representation of Pac-Man. I’m surprised they kept Pac-Land even though no one that I knew liked it.

5. Fountain of Dreams - a great Melee stage that would look beautiful on the Switch.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
1. Rainbow Road - Represents my favorite incarnation of the Mario Kart track. Bring it back for Ultimate and MK9, please.
2. Fountain of Dreams - It'll look gorgeous in HD, especially with the water reflections. Great competitive stage, too.
3. Delfino Plaza - It's always loads of fun to play on, and I want to have more traveling stages like it in Smash, not less!
4. Pirate Ship - I love playing on the creative Omega form with the beautiful WWHD visuals. Have fond memories of the normal stage's shenanigans too.
5. Woolly World - Tough call for #5, but I'll take this one as it's from one of my favorite Wii U games. Hope the game's ported on Switch.

Honorable mentions to Brinstar Depths, Pac-Maze, Kongo Jungle 64, and Dream Land.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
1. Rainbow Cruise
It's a fun stage that had the right place for a moving arena.

2. Peach's Castle 64
Another great stage with a fun gimmick that didn't get in the way of battling.

3. Delfino Plaza
Another great stage to battle in, things changed up enough to be interesting but not disruptive.

4. Pirate Ship
It was our go-to stage for water battles in Brawl. Overall a good layout that didn't get too messy.

5. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Another classic, it lead to some chaotic and memorable matches.

Honorable Mentions
Kirby's Dreamland 3DS, Brinstar Depths, Pac Maze, Fountain of Dreams, Gamer

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm going with 1 from each game.

1. Metal Cavern -
Primarily for the music, but it would be a nice callback, especially if they made footsteps that matched Metal Mario's whenever you pick up a Metal Box.

2. Brinstar Depths -
Obligatory bias, but it has a remix so I am hopeful. 8 player Smash and seeing Ridley/Kraid on the same screen would be a blessing, especially if the stage was HD.

3. Delfino Plaza -
Honestly a tie with Pirate Ship, which got in as DLC last time for Smash Wii U. It'd be a bigger crime if this one missed being in the base game with the new remix.

4. Mute City (3DS) -
Truthfully I love Mute City (Melee) just as much, but I feel like 3DS has the better "nostalgia/hazardous racetrack" feel (Port Town is already Mute City on crack).

5. Jungle Hijinxs - Another tough decision between this and Woolly World. I have a lot of fond memories doing FFAs on this stage, plus the gimmick is unique.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
1. Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) - The only Mario stage I actually enjoyed.

2. Pokefloats - It was really fun fighting on all the pokemon and frantically jumping to new ones as they floated by.

3. Fountain of Dreams - This stage was my absolute favorite in Melee due to it having the best aesthetic and amazing music. and seeing it come back in HD would be the best.

4. Rainbow Cruise - I liked this one because of how it went in a loop as opposed to just sidescrolling/verticle platforming.

5. Jungle Hijinx - The gimmick for this stage was great and I hope it returns because it gave the DK series what it needed for originality. It felt like this was the first DK stage in the series where Sakurai and others actually tried.

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with 1 from each game.

1. Metal Cavern -
Primarily for the music, but it would be a nice callback, especially if they made footsteps that matched Metal Mario's whenever you pick up a Metal Box.
Okay, that would be amazing. It would be appropriate, too, considering how this game is celebrating the series history...

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Delfino Plaza
3. Jungle Hijinxs
4. Pirate Ship
5. Gamer

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1. Mute City Melee
2. Rainbow Road
3. Meta Crystal/Metal Cavern
4. Delfino Plaza
5. Fountain of Dreams

HM: Pac-Maze, Poke Floats, Yoshi's Island Melee, Gamer, Golden Plains, Jungle Hijinxs

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Road
Pac Maze
Pirate Ship
Delfino Plaze

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Obligatory Fountain of Dreams request

Also:
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2

Mushroom Kingdom X (Melee’s design but with added pipes from 64)

Poke Floats

Pac-Maze

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
1. Brinstar Depths - Gimme my Kraid back.
2. Mute City (Melee) - This was always my favorite of the F-Zero stages.
3. Gamer - One of the few Sm4sh gimmicky stages that I really liked.
4. Rainbow Cruise - This is one of my favorite stages in general because I always find it to be so nostalgic.
5. Orbital Gate Assult - It's SO PRETTY.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
5. PictoChat X
- It's a combination between the two PictoChat stages. One was from Smash Brawl, and one was from Smash 4. They were fun.

4. Poké Floats
- Just shows how crazy the game can get. I never played it, but it looks like a fun stage to play.

3. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
- It was fun in Smash Brawl and Smash 4. I can only imagine it was fun in Melee. I really want it to return.

2. Delfino Plaza
- The background and overall sunshine feel to the stage was nice in both games. I enjoyed playing on it every time. It's also simple.

1. Fountain of Dreams
- The simplicity of the stage makes it favorable, and I adore the design. I just wish the reflection doesn't return in fear of Ice Climbers lagging the game.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Pokefloats:
It goes beyond words to say how much I LOVE this stage but HATE how little love it gets. I wish they at least made a stage that used the concept of Fighting on top of Pokémon

Fountain of Dreams:
To please the fans, no other reason

Windy Hill Zone:
I like it more than Green Hill Zone.

Woolly World:

I like the style and I think Yoshi's Woolly World looks fun in general, never got to pick it up

Golden Plains:
I like the mechanics of the stage

Honourable Mention goes to Jungle Hijinx.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
1-Fountain of dreams
2-Pirate Ship
3-Sector Z (never understood why the great frox was so... shrunked down melee onwards)
4-Delfino Plaza
5-Rainbow Cruise

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm going to do what other people have done and choose one unconfirmed returning stage from each game in the series thus far. Thankfully a lot of the stages I wanted to see return have been confirmed, so the stages I'm choosing are mostly ones that other people haven't really suggested, and ones people have suggested like Delfino Plaza, Poke Floats, and Fountain of Dreams are obviously ones I want to return as well, but I'm choosing ones that aren't as remembered by most. I'm hoping we'll get as many returning stages as possible since there are so many already confirmed to return! If they do, this really will be the Ultimate Smash!

Smash 64: Sector Z (Star Fox) - I know, I know, Corneria already exists. But I had a cool idea that stages that had similar iterations in the past like Planet Zebes & Brinstar, the Battlefields, and Final Destinations could have alternate skins and backgrounds for each one, and I'd love to have Sector Z make a comeback as the largest stage in the original Smash.

Melee: Mute City (F-Zero) - With the other two F-Zero courses Big Blue & Port Town Aero Drive confirmed, it'd be silly not to have either of the series' most premier and recognizable courses in the latest Smash. Plus I love the style of this particular stage and it would be amazing to see it updated a bit in terms of graphics.

Brawl: Mario Bros. (Super Mario) - It'd be insane for Delfino Plaza not to return since it's been a mainstay since Brawl and is super popular among our community, so I have no worries if it doesn't return. While not my favorite stage, it'd be neat to have the Mario Bros. stage make a comeback, having classic stages based off of Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Balloon Fight, and Duck Hunt already confirmed to return with their original style of graphics, it'd be great to have another return, make it feel like you've got a classic games museum in Smash!

3DS: Pac-Maze (Pac-Man) - Speaking of classic games, it'd also be insane bringing back the Pac-Man universe and not giving people the chance to play in the infamous mazes of Pac-Man in HD!

Wii U: Orbital Gate Assault (Star Fox) - Not my favorite stage either, but its a beautiful stage and considering it took a year of development for the crew, I cannot see it not making a comeback.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
-Pirate Ship: this is one of the most fun moving stages ever and represents Wind Waker perfectly.

-Planet Zebes: very improbable since they keep pushing Brinstar as the main classic Metroid stage, Zebes is fun to play because of its bigger size and better music, Brinstar in comparison feels very claustrophobic, and has awkward platform placement and small blast zones, it just feels like a badly designed stage.

-Sector Z: Same as above, bouncing enemies on the tail of the Great Fox was so fun and easier to do, plus its larger size would be perfect for 6 to 8 player games, i can imagine fight clubs on the front, middle and back part of the ship, and seeing opponents fly
through the stage was so much fun.

-Pac-Maze: this should replace Pac-Land altogether

-Fountain of Dreams: of course it should come back.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Man, I'm already super satisfied with this game's stage selection as is, but if I had to bring back just five more stages...
  1. Fountain of Dreams. Obligatory pick, considering it's a fan favorite, would no doubt look absolutely glorious in HD, and for some reason hasn't officially appeared since Melee.
  2. Delfino Plaza. Is this stage really not confirmed yet? Weird, I thought it was. Anyway, I've had a lot of fun on this stage and have no problems with it, aside from the blast zones being kind of ****ty sometimes, and besides, I have a ton of nostalgia for Sunshine and its setting. Yes, please!
  3. Rainbow Cruise. This stage is gorgeous, and for an autoscrolling stage, it doesn't play half bad. Lots of fun memories with this one, and it'd be a shame if it didn't come back to wow me one last time.
  4. Mute City (Melee). I have a ton of nostalgia for this stage thanks to Melee's Adventure Mode, and it always astounded me visually, so seeing this stage remastered in full HD would be an absolute dream come true for me.
  5. Poke Floats. Yes, I know, it's a lazy rehash of all the Pokemon models from Melee, but goddamn if the 8-year-old in me doesn't still love this stage after all these years. Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises and likely will be for the rest of my life, and this stage being essentially a love letter to the series up to that point, not to mention how over-the-top zany it is, makes it one of my all-time faves. To invoke a dead meme, LEGALIZE POKE FLOATS .
(Yes, four out of five of these are from Melee. Fite me.)
Honorable mentions go to Brinstar Depths for looking great, but admittedly being hell to play on, Paper Mario for representing one of my favorite series (even if 2/3 of it represents my least favorite game of all time), and Rainbow Road for looking really nice and being one of the few truly great stages to come out of Smash 4.

EDIT: Well, whaddya know, Delfino got unceremoniously confirmed the day after I wrote this. I guess I'll replace it with Rainbow Road now for the reasons I stated above.

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
In no particular order:

Fountain of Dreams. Incredibly beautiful stage that's a blast to play on.
Melee Mute City. The pioneer of traveling stages. It just wouldn't feel right to leave this one out. Plus it'd look great with updated graphics.
Delfino Plaza. One of the best traveling stages IMO.
Pirate Ship. Really loved the scripted events and setting of this map. Its omega form was also cool with it being one of those enemy lookout towers.
Gamer. One of the few gimmick stages I really liked.

HM: Paper Mario, Orbital Gate Assault, Sector Z, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle (N64)

Dario64

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7458-8194-6305
1.Fountain of Dreams: Already a Beautiful Stage in Melee imagine it in HD.
2.Delfino Plaza: Sunshine is awesome :)
3.Brinstar Depths: Cool Gimmick and Kraid
4.Mushroom Kingdom 64: With the working Pipes.
5.Kongo Jungle 64: I like the amtosphere of the Stage.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Delfino Plaza
  2. Orbital Gate Assault
  3. Gamer
  4. Pac-Maze
  5. Pirate Ship
There isn't a stage I particularly want from first two games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Kongo Jungle 64
3. Brinstar
4. Planet Zebes 64
5. Fourside

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
01) Brinstar Depths (Melee)
02) Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
03) Kongo Jungle (N64)
04) Mushroom Kingdom (N64)
05) Poke Floats (Melee)

D

Deleted member

In no particular order:

Pirate Ship
Delfino Plaza
Fountain of Dreams
Pac-Maze
Kongo Jungle (64)
Well, now that Delfino Plaza has been confirmed (thanks Rodin), I guess I'll replace it with Planet Zebes.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pirate Ship
Pyrosphere (now that Ridley is hopefully gone from it)
Jungle Hijinx
Kongo Jungle 64
Windy Hill Zone

HM:
Gamer

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fountain of Dreams - Such a beautiful stage, and it'd be absolutely gorgeous in HD. Wonder why it hasn't ever come back before?
Melee Yoshi's Island - I always remember all of the fun I had on that stage with the music.
Mushroomy Kingdom World 1-2 - We haven't seen this yet, so I'll put it here. I loved that one mostly because of the Land underground remix.
Pirate Ship - Toon Link still uses the Wind Waker, so he needs the boat back.
Pac-Maze - Because Pac Land is a travesty and Maze is stupidly iconic

Top Bottom