• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu's fair

Smash Master
I hardly ever use this. What is it good for? fair to jab and fair to grab seem to have the same problem that if the fair doesn't connect, you've just done 4% to yourself and possibly left yourself open to attack for no reason.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Use this move only when you can land it or vs falcon's knee when recovering. it's a good move but the 4% criples the use of it, up-throw fair works I,ve seen it in videos and done it my self sets up another grab.

Maybe it could be useed vs someone in the air so they don't CC it.

It would be great vs the ice climbers but your b-throw doesn't go far. maybe up-smash or d-smash if you can sheild stab.

But it's a grab and sometimes you need a grab

Smash Master
How can it lead to a grab? Uthrow - fair- grab actually combos? On who? That seems really far-fetched, but I guess I believe you. Fastfallers at low damges, I assume.

Why upsmash or dsmash as a followup? F-Smash is much better at shieldstabbling and **** in general.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Pichu_frames_11.6.05.txt

U Smash

Total: 43
Hit: 9-11
Charge frame: 8
IASA: 41
-------------------------------------
D Smash

Total: 54
Charge frame: 5
Hit: 7-13
Invincible: 7-10
IASA: 51
-------------------------------------
F Smash

Total: 49
Hit: 16-33 (several hitboxes)
Charge frame: 14

if that help you understand a little better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ3Z6-61HyM up-throw fair grab was used a few times and i,ve done it before to.

I hope this cleared up somethings

Smash Master
I get what you're saying, but I think they'll be able to have their shield up (at least Popo) by frame seven anyway. With F-smash, if they don't put it down and attack by frame 16, they get shield poked and destroyed.

Edit, watched vid: We've established that a fair against someone who isn't bocking or dodging or moving or using a high priority attack will give you a grab. All the other times, I felt a nair would have been better.

The first kill was beautiful. Behold...fsmash.

That Marth wasn't very good, but the Pichu had bad DI and prolly could have recovered from that Ken combo, so meh.

Smash Master
I like how we get our own little IM subforum, lulz.

Wait, you said "It would be great vs the ice climbers but your b-throw doesn't go far. maybe up-smash or d-smash if you can sheild stab." referring to fair. Now you're saying just grab them instead? Don't they get the faster grab if they shield the fair?

Against IC's in general, it seems less risky to just space nairs and t-jolts.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think at this point, Insane Carzy Guy should Mod this place.

Like, actually. lmfao. He already does pretty much.

Also, ICG, why do you have an ICs char rather than a pichu char?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I LOVE DOWN-SMASH MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOUR LEGS No I main ice climber/ pichu but their down-smash is better than brawl in brwal it doesn't feel fun. it doesn't chain throw, kill as kill, hammers look dumb, nor can you wavedash around in a circle and go Baa mother F***er, and I don't feel I like could rip a bear in half everytime.

But ice climbers mess me up sometimes like I once play fox like the ice climbers afrais to get airbore and stayed in my sheild a lot hoping for sheild grabs. and I down-smash everything when I go from ice climbers to pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You learn something new everyday, I 100% thanks you really you have increased my knowledge of this game and based on what creative is(being able to put 2 or more things together) you have greatly increased my chances of figureing out something new and useful,

but hey howcome pichu's jab can beat a half chaged shot from samus but not marth's up-tilt? And how would pichu's f-smash work it seems to beat things it shouldn't loses to every projectile in the game, but it beats anything that hits it, I think the ele. hitboxs have there own rules. Like thunder can beat needles and slow arrows/bombs. maybe pikachu players can use f-smash to beat a lot of needles

wool

Smash Ace
Ya I am confused why Pichu's headbutt can beat a half charged shot from Samus. I have done it a bunch of times too. Can anyone help?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
You learn something new everyday, I 100% thanks you really you have increased my knowledge of this game and based on what creative is(being able to put 2 or more things together) you have greatly increased my chances of figureing out something new and useful,

but hey howcome pichu's jab can beat a half chaged shot from samus but not marth's up-tilt? And how would pichu's f-smash work it seems to beat things it shouldn't loses to every projectile in the game, but it beats anything that hits it, I think the ele. hitboxs have there own rules. Like thunder can beat needles and slow arrows/bombs. maybe pikachu players can use f-smash to beat a lot of needles
Clanks are ground based moves, projectiles are more aerial I think, so it would not apply.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I just tried everything out, it seems moves that occur on the ground clank with other ground moves based on damage while ground/aerial/projectile vs. aerial/projectile trade or cancel depending on priority.

Missiles and uncharged shots have disgustingly low priority. So anything can beat it.

Plus, who says well timed jabs can't cancel out misspaced aerials? Jabs are pretty good imo.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think I said that somewhere, my pichu's jabs are really good vs campers he can jab a bomb or turnip and grab them, hey pichu/pikachu's f-smash is like their down-B And their down-B can beat needles, you maybe pikachu's f-smash could help him a lot vs needles

rhan

Smash Hero
INSANE CARZY GUY said:
I think I said that somewhere, my pichu's jabs are really good vs campers he can jab a bomb or turnip and grab them, hey pichu/pikachu's f-smash is like their down-B And their down-B can beat needles, you maybe pikachu's f-smash could help him a lot vs needles
Really? Jab a bomb? That's brilliant....

And the needle trade isn't a good idea. Why? Because you're stationary and you hurt yourself trying to block something that could possibly take less than what you do to yourself.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m talking about pikachu for that because his is one longlasting hitbox that doesn't hurt you. young link's bombs are a bit small. And jabing a bomb makes it spin back so you can grab it. If that helps you understand more clearly what I just said.

Oh yeah this weekend I had 3 matches with someone and they wanted to f-smash camp me and spaced very well you you couldn't just run around and SHFFL something or tiptoe into their space. I didn't roll or camp, but my mind was my weapon it's hard to explain but I had to trick them for every hit I got I did more than just my 3 mix-ups full hop B, SHFFL something, up-B. It's mostly how I did them, it's hard to explain how and why, but I really mind gamed them to the point they quit I lost the 1st match, I barely won the 2nd match and won by 2 lives on the 3rd one(3 stock matches). If I ever learn how to explain it I will it's just I kind of felt like I was really fighting with my mind and even if they outranged me by miles I somehow slipped by.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I would but many people insult in so terrbliely one at pichu guides 1.1 dude someone called me retarted for figuring out a way to avoid being punished when I come back on the stage.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Impossible I can't be good! I can't just be good or legit just because, i,m techical as pichu nor because I try harder than most. I don't think I will ever know if i,m good, I think if I beat some high ranked player and they told me i,m good I still don't I would believe them. That's just something I doubt I will ever be able to do is to say I am good.

rhan

Smash Hero
INSANE CARZY GUY said:
I,m talking about pikachu for that because his is one longlasting hitbox that doesn't hurt you. young link's bombs are a bit small. And jabing a bomb makes it spin back so you can grab it. If that helps you understand more clearly what I just said.
You're in the Pichu threads..... Lets stick t talking about Pichu....

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
argued but I,m going to eat my words(r's are tasty) but have been in a huge depressed state for about a week and today at school was hippie day and I wear a pink afro which I had warn a few times all day, which i doubt many people could do, and took it off pretty early and at lunch wore it and asked a police guy if he wanted to buy a fat snack of grass while wearing the fro and he told me as hardcore as he was he couldn't wear it for a hour(this guy is 50 times more hardcore than you think) I thought about it and I was the only person who could do that and I was without a doubt better at it.

The first time in my life I truly believed I was able to be even decent. You have no idea how life changing this was, you really don't. From this point on I will believe it when people say i,m good.

back to pichu sorry I had to share that. But pichu's fair is rarly good because it's easily countered, but it's good maybe once or twice a match and it can beat non-disjointed edge gaurd which means the knee loses to it. the biggest fault is the fact it needs more stun time to be really useful

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I hating eating my words, they taste like sh*t.

You are technical, but I don't think that's what makes you good. It's how well you understand the applications and the fact that you're willing to share your experience with everyone else that makes you a valuable player.

I smell at this game, but I can appreciate anyone who genuinely wants to improve the quality of it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My thing was since I was 6 I didn't believe in my self I was still happy and tryed new things and junk but I always felt like I suck to a painful amount. I really believe pichu at least has a chance, the first time I ever fought a decent fox or falco they were pretty techical and could pillar my brother all day long, but I won about half of the matches without chain throws or mindgames and I still just looked at pichu not who I was fighting, I,m much better than then, but I don't know maybe they were nervous or something like dude wtf you lost to a pichu? your on top he's on bottom he's the lightest and hurts himself and has no range wtf you suck. People tend to see just flaws because most people are blind.

Take a piece of paper with a black dot on it or a red paper with a black dot on it. the one black dot is everything bad in your life... how come people always B**** and are have looking at the huge good side? Because people are beyond retarted in general. look at the paper and don't close your mind and focus on what's bad I,ve looked at the good and reached a higher level of being and because perfect isn't real because everything can be better in some way you just have to think of it.

I,m glad some people are looking at the white for pichu now

Smash Master
I've started to fair a lot more when I'm at death% anyway. I still don't think it's worth the risk of doing it before then.

I had a few matches with HarriettheGuy again yesterday. My Fox and Marth got two stocked pretty consistently. My Pichu took him down to one stock, and my Peach actually won once. I really think Pichu's matchups are better than he gets credit for.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
they are better but fair at high percents is just as bad at low percents it makes them want to CC it if you spam it I use maybe 2 or 3 matches but that's just me. Peach is easy and cheap mostly because i play as the ice climbers. just use it smart

wool

Smash Ace
Yeah fair against people who cc it will lead to badness :(

If the opponent is in the air I sometimes like to fair->uair and then follow it up with a dair or nair. Its just as a surpise factor really. That 4% is a lot against Pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I argee, fair desn't tuely combo in midair, but I geuss it works I,m just not that creavite with it in midair but maybe you could beat something coming back and land it to f-tilt. Oh yeah googles work best with it and it helps your tech skill :)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Not at all. It's low stun hardly gives me an opening against decent players. It's just funny to see such an underrated move beat out something like a knee.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah that's the one thing I would want to change about pichu is all his attacks have 2 more frames of stun, heck he would have a legit pillar if they had 2 more frames.

I plan to make it to pound 4 and i,m saving up money, maybe we will all get lucky

Top Bottom