• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu vs GW

Galeon

Smash Ace
Does Pichu have anything on him? I swear, I'd rather fight a Fox than a Game and Watch. Dieing to d-tilts, nairs, dairs, dsmashes (rare, usually a messed up d-tilt), getting spaced by fairs. You just... can't mess with that fair -_-.

I know Pichu can kill GW, dthrow tech-chase to Up-Smashes, cake edgeguarding, a F-smash from the center of any stage will pwn him with no chance of recovery at like 80 but still, getting in is ********. I know he has a crappy shield but it's not as easy to get in grabbing/tilt range with his spacing. DK has a crappy shield but at least it's somewhat easy to aggro your way in. GW just says 'No, back the **** up'. His d-throw leads to something guaranteed, di'ed or not.

Is the matchup even winnable if both know what they are doing?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Uh, yeah, it's totally "winnable"
Just lead into a grab, throw, aerial and spam some thunderjolts until you get him to about 80% then grab, down-throw, and get ready to flick that C-stick up. Easy as that.
Watch for Crouch Canceled D-tilts and his N-airs or you will get owned. U-tilts don't work so well against his D-airs.
I haven't played against any amazing G&W's, but there are a couple good ones in my area I like to pwn with Pichu.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The true question is, how does it feel to be pwned by Pichu?
;^D

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Tommy, First off i've never been pwned by pichu, so i wouldnt know. Maybe if we meet up some day you can show me? second, i answered my own question. I 3 stocked a marth with pichu, even tho marth did suicide once. Let me tell you tho, when i won that match i just thought to myself..."So this is what Tommy feels like...I should play more Pichu."

Top Bottom