• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Up-B Ledge Cancel

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You are riding up the wall like any up-B but you shorten it and tranfered it's speed from the first jump into the 2nd one well at least that's what it seems like. but yeah pichu is just plain nuts. He has the hardest up-B to understand and use in the whole game sorry I don't count ness's as hard to use he has a huge sweetspot and it's not that hard.

But yeah 3 parts, 2 jumps that can lead in 256 different paths, smallest sweetspot in game, edge tricks, can stall, and even be used to approach with maybe combo with one day. But yeah pichu's up-B has A LOT to it. It's a great mindgame move also.

But yeah my up-B guide thing needs to be stickied for this reason there is a lot not covered in other guides.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
any with a solid wall think of it like fox's up-B on FD he could make a staight shoot to the edge or he come ride up the wall and make it take longer to get there to mess with the edge gaurder.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
any with a solid wall think of it like fox's up-B on FD he could make a staight shoot to the edge or he come ride up the wall and make it take longer to get there to mess with the edge gaurder.
Ok, cool. Can you do like the first part of the up-b to the wall, and then the second part to ride up?

Also. this is unrelated, but I've recently learnt how to perfect up-b, and I was wondering if you knew why it happens? Like, he whole wavedashy thing at the end and all.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah you can. why well why and how it works in detail

when you up-B and you land during one of the first 2 parts (as long as a pichu roll both put together) you can't sweetspot or land laglessly on the ground must likely to prevent pikachu from useing up-B to rack up damge like up-B to the side and back it would be kindof annoying and cheap with nearly no lag. So it was passed to pichu. why it's lagless when you jump before is because during the fist parts you basically don't touch the ground and you land with the end. The wd at the end, i'm geussing is because of the movement or speed and cause in mind you are maxing out the distance of the wd when you come from the side just like when you really wd.

also is would be amazing if he had luigi's wd his up-B would be half of it's max and double how far it goes but no one would use it because they could just wd.

up-B is confusing sometimes. yeah have you been using it in battles? I would hope someone esle it getting something from it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
only because it's a balnced world where you have to hate or love me. come on random hater telling me pichu suks cause kirby is better for his range and edge gaurding and you don't even know that pichu can chain throw with up-throw.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
yeah you can. why well why and how it works in detail

when you up-B and you land during one of the first 2 parts (as long as a pichu roll both put together) you can't sweetspot or land laglessly on the ground must likely to prevent pikachu from useing up-B to rack up damge like up-B to the side and back it would be kindof annoying and cheap with nearly no lag. So it was passed to pichu. why it's lagless when you jump before is because during the fist parts you basically don't touch the ground and you land with the end. The wd at the end, i'm geussing is because of the movement or speed and cause in mind you are maxing out the distance of the wd when you come from the side just like when you really wd.

also is would be amazing if he had luigi's wd his up-B would be half of it's max and double how far it goes but no one would use it because they could just wd.

up-B is confusing sometimes. yeah have you been using it in battles? I would hope someone esle it getting something from it.
Oh so that's why...
Yeah I've been using the Perfect Up-B in matches, but not to the greatest success, I've only comboed with it once or twice. But it is working out pretty well.

I played some matches against my bro (slept over his house yesterday) and that gave me some good Pichu practicing time. Unfortunately he only uses Marth, so it was a hard match-up for me, I only ended up beating him with Ganondorf, both my Roy and Pichu failed :(.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah it just doesn't work does it? pichu works beat and is funest vs ffer. but if a marth doesn't have a clue what to do it's easy as H***.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah vs marth I don't like to sweetspot(also you don't get any stack room like you are a little bit out of f-smash range when sweetspoting) much because he is auto really there, you can B to mess him up and normally when someone goes around him he is used to just f-smashing them again. I also feel uncreative when recovering. But yeah mix up when you can.

Top Bottom