• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu or Young Link?

Pichu or Young Link?

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
The only two Melee veterans that haven't been back since Melee. They are both hated and few want them back. Nonetheless, which one would you prefer to see come back.

Personally, I'd prefer Pichu since I want a real glass cannon in Smash 4 and Young Link doesn't interest me very much (Plus, we already have a Link clone).

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Pichu, because Young Link wasn't cut. He was just renamed after his modern redesign.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
As much as I loved Young Link and his games, the variety Pichu would provide to the game would be awesome.

Though, then we would have 7 pokemon, meaning we would need to store one in the PC.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Both. After Roy coming back, I don't see why we shouldn't have both Toon Link and Pichu back. Though if Pichu come back, it'd be nice if they could give her a different gimmick other than hurting herself with her electric attacks.

Furret24

Smash Master
As much as I loved Young Link and his games, the variety Pichu would provide to the game would be awesome.

Though, then we would have 7 pokemon, meaning we would need to store one in the PC.
:4greninja: He could use another nerf...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would say Pichu, but recently after playing Majora's Mask 3D I've realized how much I'd like a Young Link but with the Razor Sword and Hero's Shield.

Just like this.
(The Hero of Time is already my favorite Link though)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Can you please stop saying that Young Link is Toon Link?
Young Link would be rebundant, but he is not Toon Link.
Hyrule Warriors will have both characters.

I voted Pichu.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd take Young Link just because we have too many Pokemon. Heck, I'd rather have kept Young Link than take Toon Link.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I wish neither was an option since I absolutely do not want either back ever.

But, if I absolutely have to pick one over the other, I reluctantly choose Pichu. Young Link provides zilch in terms of originality, and we already have one Link clone, so there isn't any reason for him. Pichu, as poorly executed as it was, at least had the unique hurt-itself-from-its-attacks mechanic.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Ice Climbers because technically they are a Melee veteran :troll:.

Nah, but I guess I'd pick Pichu because we are assuming Young Link would keep its Melee moveset. If Young Link got a Majora's Mask moveset then I would tolerate 3 Links that way.
I dont care for neither of them anyways. I prefer having new clones over old clones.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pichu_since_he'd_be_somewhat_usable_with_the_rage_system.

Also_beating_someone_as_Pichu?_Maximum_Disrespect.

(Space_bar_is_broken;_Please_Excuse_me_typing_like_a_robot._Beep_boop_Fleshbags.)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If Young Link gets redesigned and de-cloned like Roy to use B moves based of masks and items he actually was able to use in OoT/MM, Young Link.

Otherwise, Pichu

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think that's the general consensus here. If both characters are unchanged, most would go with Pichu because we already have 2 Links. I picked Pichu because I don't want 3 Links on the roster. It's bad enough that we have Mario/Dr. Mario, Samus/ZS Samus, etc. Having the same character multiple times.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think that's the general consensus here. If both characters are unchanged, most would go with Pichu because we already have 2 Links. I picked Pichu because I don't want 3 Links on the roster. It's bad enough that we have Mario/Dr. Mario, Samus/ZS Samus, etc. Having the same character multiple times.
I don't know, I have no problem with Doc Mario and ZS Samus. They both play with different enough styles that they're worth it. Doc less so, but patches have really differentiated him a lot more than when the game came out. I have issues with the same ones as everyone else. Lucina and Pittoo. Lucina's ultimately fine, I just wish they would have given her some extra element to differentiate her, like Roy got fire when he originally had that moveset before being made a semi-clone. Plus in her game it makes sense she'd fight like every other start with a rapier-lord. Pittoo annoys me. I like his final smash. I like that that is different. I like he has his own audio clips and everything. But he's not different enough. Honestly, make his arrows a staff-shot from Uprising because there was the weapon "Dark Pit's Staff" in that game.

Ah well, hopes for Sma5H.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Pichu is so incredibly irrelevant in Pokemon nowadays that it's embarrassing that people ask for him back. I'd prefer Young Link.

EDIT: Actually, Pichu with the rage would be pretty interesting. Like Lucario except you don't have to be actively losing to be a threat

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would say Pichu, but recently after playing Majora's Mask 3D I've realized how much I'd like a Young Link but with the Razor Sword and Hero's Shield.

Just like this.
That would be the Sword Breaker, part of Link's Soul Calibur 2 array of weapons and one of my favourites too.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Just like this.
Fierce Deity Final Smash too please.

They could declone Young Link rather easily.

Furhtermore they could change Toon Link in the next Smash to have deku leaf, mirror shield, bomb-chu, skull hammer. to help diversify them.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is a hard question because I want both of them to return. Pichu is more interesting; however, I have a more significant attachment to Young Link. Honestly, Young Link just barely edges out Pichu. The reason is because the Hero of Time is perhaps one of my favorite video-game characters and I would actually play him more often than not.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like both of them back too, with YL likely as an alt skin of Toon Link. This would give Ness some more child characters he could hang out with in my story "The Real Smash Bros." (though Pichu would most likely be taken care of by Ness).

Furret24

Smash Master
I'd like both of them back too, with YL likely as an alt skin of Toon Link. This would give Ness some more child characters he could hang out with in my story "The Real Smash Bros." (though Pichu would most likely be taken care of by Ness).
Is this secretly an AD for your fanfic?

PF9

Smash Lord
No it is not.

As to why I think YL should be a skin of TL...some of YL's specials are customs for TL.

Furret24

Smash Master
No it is not.

As to why I think YL should be a skin of TL...some of YL's specials are customs for TL.
Just messing around.

I do think YL should be alt of TL. that would be pretty neat.

Top Bottom