• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu in Ultimate: Joke character again or Buffed?

whippletickle

Smash Rookie
For those who didn't watch, Void took home first place with Pichu in Splat Brothers tournament
I see Pichu as S-tier, and maybe even better than pikachu in the meta.
That Stank Leg ftilt is the rage food

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For those who didn't watch, Void took home first place with Pichu in Splat Brothers tournament
I see Pichu as S-tier, and maybe even better than pikachu in the meta.
That Stank Leg ftilt is the rage food
People just aren't used to it yet. Pichu is not so fast that it won't be hit, and a few hits and it's gone.

But still good as a glass cannon in many matchups ,so good stuff for sure :)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What are pichu's confiremd kill options?
Besides Ftilt, FSmash, DSmash, & Upsmash, you can dtilt into dair near the edge, and it and uptilt can be comboed into fair and dair, which can kill at higher percents.
The interesting stuff is dtilt, uptilt (or even up air) into thunder, but you have to gauge where they are as well as read di and know the percents. (or just throw it out to try, but youll take damage when you hit yourself). Thunder is quicker on pichu than pikachu, it's actually really good.

Last edited:

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I definitely think for the first tier list Pichu will place highly due to good tournament results. Probably won't be #1, but will have a respectable position.
But what I can't wait to see is not where Pichu is placed, but rather whether or not he's better than Pikachu. It's just I've heard some top players say they think Pichu is the better electric mouse, and that's something that got me pondering.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I definitely think for the first tier list Pichu will place highly due to good tournament results. Probably won't be #1, but will have a respectable position.
But what I can't wait to see is not where Pichu is placed, but rather whether or not he's better than Pikachu. It's just I've heard some top players say they think Pichu is the better electric mouse, and that's something that got me pondering.
Yeh I think void and some others just put pichu on the map, and they're good players. Pichu is a glass cannon character and it still needs to be played very well, it's not all that hard to beat pichu because of the character having to get in close. Pikachu has better range and even run speed. Pikachu has the better neutral game but if pichu gets in it gets combos and also kills earlier. Pikachu has to rely on either gimping or killing at high percents.

I've actually dropped pichu at the moment, because I'm just not good enough to not get hit. I play better with pikachu, but I don't like what it takes to get kos, so I've actually dropped both for now. Maybe in the future when I'm better at avoiding attacks I could play back pichu, but for now it's just not my thing. I also kind of feel that with time people will realize that pichu isnt that hard to hit and ko,. we'll see.. Still a cool character in the right hands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom