• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physical or Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
That's good, still think I'll get digital since I love just bragging to my friends with a physical copy lol

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Physical. It's hard to build a shrine around a digital copy.

In all seriousness, the main reason for it is that I don't have a credit card. In order to add funds to my account I have to go down to EB Games and buy prepaid cards. If I have to go down to EBs anyway to get the credit I may as well save myself the download time and buy a physical copy.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Physical copy all the way. I support digital when and where I need to, but it can never compare to having the physical box to store on my game shelf. :awesome:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
It's hard for me to say. I don't want to risk digital, but I have a required field trip during the weekend of that week, so I don't know if I can drive to GameStop in time to secure a copy and make it back to the field trip.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
I am probably going to get the physical copy with my friend after school on October 3rd and play 1v1s on every stage and all items :D to test out everything. Saw the japanese starting roster and most of mains are in except Lucina lol. What about you?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm definately getting a physical copy. There's something that I just love about buying a physical copy of a game from a store: it gives me that weird feeling of excitement (I love collecting game covers). Also it's better to have a physical copy in case anything bad happens to my 3DS.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
got my digital download card <3
all set to download brawl in 13 days

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Physical. Ill get Get like Old school games on digital. New games take up too much space if you don't have a good SDcard

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Digital, call it sad but I don't trust myself to not lose a physical copy. I also want to get it at midnight without going to Walmart.

Seph 64

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1821-9451-2886
Physical copy. So much more hype going to the store after a long day of school.

Mariofan101

Smash Rookie
Digital, way more convenient. Plus, I love that new finished downloading smell.
Download smell ok...Me I love both box and download smell

Why start a debate? We sure don't want this to get physical.

Aside from the joke, both sides have their benefits. Digital downloads of games reduce clutter and remove the hassle of going out to a store to buy the game, but if your 3DS breaks you would loose all of your digitally downloaded games. I will probably be purchasing a physical copy of Smash 4 because I might want to share my games with friends after I'm done playing them for awhile (I'm looking at you Microsoft).
Digital and physical copies ftw!Also VC masterrace!

Honestly,I don't see the problem that EVERYONE has with digital even me back in the day I was physical boy but even then I love buying retro/digital only games on my 3DS and Wii U.

I will certainly purchase the physical copy; the digital product is mostly a rental that you get to enjoy for an undetermined amount of time. The physical copy is definitively your property; there are some weird laws regarding digital content. I doubt anything detrimental would happen, but better safe than sorry. It isn't set up in a reliable way in my opinion.

Also, as many others have stated; with my internet, it is more convenient to just pick up the game.
I will certainly purchase the physical copy; the digital product is mostly a rental that you get to enjoy for an undetermined amount of time. The physical copy is definitively your property; there are some weird laws regarding digital content. I doubt anything detrimental would happen, but better safe than sorry. It isn't set up in a reliable way in my opinion.

Also, as many others have stated; with my internet, it is more convenient to just pick up the game.
For one thing, I don't think I have enough space. But in my opinion it's good to have a physical copy in case something happens to the 3DS itself.
Every says that but,what if something happen to the cartridge?

Physical copy. I own a physical copy of every Smash game, so it's certainly getting added to my collection. Nevertheless, I prefer physical copies over digital ones for two reasons. One being collectors value, and two that i don't want to risk losing the game through some type of 3DS malfunction.
As much as I love physical you can also say that the game itself can break and you have to buy another one.

The deal is gone (for now?) but a couple times holiday 2013/early 2014 Best Buy had all eShop prepaid cards 20% off.
They should do more of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Is there a word for posting 8 times in a row? Oh god.

Edit: Also posting in a thread that's well over a year old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom