• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physical Health or Soul Health: Which is more important?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Link to original post: [drupal=917]Physical Health or Soul Health: Which is more important?[/drupal]

I was reading the blog of one of my favorite artists, Doug TenNapel, and his newest entry was about new year's resolutions. You can read the whole thing here: http://tennapel.nomoretangerines.com/

Below is an excerpt from the blog:

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; "> Quote:
(Smoking) confuses people because some are convinced that smoking is a

Mith_

Smash Champion
To each is own I guess.

I don't really see the point in taking care of your health if not taking care of your soul.

I'm going on a 21 day fast on January 4th, so I guess I'll see for my self then.

Amide

Smash Lord
To each is own I guess.

I don't really see the point in taking care of your health if not taking care of your soul.

I'm going on a 21 day fast on January 4th, so I guess I'll see for my self then.
Er... seriously? 21 day fast?

@ Article

Some of that was stupid. Why the science would you quit smoking for one year if you could do more? Still, it was an interesting perspective on life. But at your question, Zook, soul health is often overall happiness, so I'd say that. But soul health is also subjective. They're both important:)

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I don't know. Do you like Brawl over Wii Sports?

jkjk. but it's harder to be happy with only one.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Er... seriously? 21 day fast?

@ Article

Some of that was stupid. Why the science would you quit smoking for one year if you could do more? Still, it was an interesting perspective on life. But at your question, Zook, soul health is often overall happiness, so I'd say that. But soul health is also subjective. They're both important:)
Yeap.
We'll see how it goes.

Amide

Smash Lord
Err, won't you die?

Fasting has always sounded interesting to me though, but i's not really for my body type. My metabolism is out of wack.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well fasting from certain things lol. I'll still be able to eat ha ha just not certain things. Stuff that's not good for your health or soul to be more specific :laugh:

ShinigamiMarth

Smash Cadet
If you'll allow me to quote from the Bible...

1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise has some value, but godliness has value in all things, having the promise of the life which is now, and of that which is to come.

Basically, training the body has benefits, but they amount to little when compared to teaching and training the spirit. That being said, as our bodies are 'temples of the Holy Spirit', it is important to keep it clean and orderly by eating right and exercising.

(I apologize if I offend anyone by quoting from the Bible)

Mith_

Smash Champion
If you'll allow me to quote from the Bible...

1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise has some value, but godliness has value in all things, having the promise of the life which is now, and of that which is to come.

Basically, training the body has benefits, but they amount to little when compared to teaching and training the spirit. That being said, as our bodies are 'temples of the Holy Spirit', it is important to keep it clean and orderly by eating right and exercising.

(I apologize if I offend anyone by quoting from the Bible)
That is why we are fasting pretty much.

Top Bottom