• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PhotoShop CS4 Problems!

kLub

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i finally downloaded PS CS4 and I got my pic's and everything and as soon as i get it up and running... I try too open a photo, I double click the photo and wait for it to load.. Next it says: "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file." .........

What do i do, And also what does parse mean?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
What type of file are the photos you're trying to open? Photoshop normally works using files like .JPEG or .PNG. If it's something weird/not one of those that might be why it won't work...

Where are you getting the photos from? There might be a way to change them to .JPEGs or .PNGs so they can be opened in Photoshop.

kLub

Smash Rookie
uhmm im not sure what kind of files they are im getting them from http://www.planetrenders.net, but the only way it will let me put a picture in is if i copy it and paste it.. then i have too render it out myself. but also .. if you could help me with this last thing.. how do i put video clips into a picture.. and make it so the video is still playing?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Well I looked at the planetrenders.net FAQ...

It looks like it could be one of a few things.

1. In order to download a render you have to view the fullsized image. But in oreder to do that I think you have to log in and create an account. Do you already have an account there? If so the full sized image should open in a new window when you click on it, and you should have been able to save it from there as .PNG (.PNG means no background, you don't have to cut anything out).

2. It says if your internet cache is full, images only save as .BMPs and not .PNGs. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Browsing History and it's supposed to fix that.

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with planetrenders. Maybe someone else will know and post here. I can't figure it out either, they won't save as .PNGs on my computer.

As for your second question, I don't know how to do that, sorry. :( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235707 This thread has a bunch of sig/art tutorials, there might be one there that tells you how. I've looked through a few and haven't found one yet, but I'll keep looking.

kLub

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much, i'm going too look at that and hopefully it will help me ill try some different stuff too but thanks a lot!

Top Bottom