• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: The WRIGHT attorney for all your smashing needs!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Can a company even buy individual IPs? I just sort of imagined they'd have to buy the whole cake.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Question: Are Capcom's individual ips up for sale? I really would like to see Nintendo's megaman, but not so much Nintendo's resident Evil or darkstalkers...
Edit: ugh:4greninja:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Can a company even buy individual IPs? I just sort of imagined they'd have to buy the whole cake.
I'm pretty sure they can, but I wish nintendo would buy the entire cake so we can have multiple slices.

Question: Are Capcom's individual ips up for sale? I really would like to see Nintendo's megaman, but not so much Nintendo's resident Evil or darkstalkers...
I'd assume so, but I don't think we have really any information other than "companies can buy capcom shares now."

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm pretty sure they can, but I wish nintendo would buy the entire cake so we can have multiple slices.
I feel like some of Capcom's IPS are better left outside of Nintendo's hands. Yet some in particular (:4megaman:) really could use some help, and who better to go to than Nintendo?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think it's only Japanese studios that can buy out Capcom. So that leaves out Microsoft.
Thank God.

We all know what happened to Rare once Microsoft bought them -.-

I know Nintendo would be interested in:
Phoenix Wright
Mega Man
Okami

What am I missing?

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Thank God.

Professor Wright
Mega Man
Okami

What am I missing?
Viewtiful Joe is the only one I can think of.

Neo Zero

I'd assume so, but I don't think we have really any information other than "companies can buy capcom shares now."
That'd be tough imo. I mean look at Nintendo now. We have a lot of franchises already that are being neglected, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Mother, just to name a few. Add in the entire Capcom IP library and you add Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Darkstalkers, and more on top of it. It's to much.

If they can buy solo franchises though, hopefully they get Mega Man, Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter. Those 3 I think would be the best boons to 1st party Nintendo and would also fit in the best easily.

That and I want Nick for Sm4sh.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That'd be tough imo. I mean look at Nintendo now. We have a lot of franchises already that are being neglected, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Mother, just to name a few. Add in the entire Capcom IP library and you add Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Darkstalkers, and more on top of it. It's to much.
I think if nintendo bought out Capcom, Capcom will just do their thing but Nintendo has some input on what they do.

If they can buy solo franchises though, hopefully they get Mega Man, Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter. Those 3 I think would be the best boons to 1st party Nintendo and would also fit in the best easily.

That and I want Nick for Sm4sh.
Don't forget Okami.

Okami on Wii U would just be the BEST thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

You saw nothing. :4villager:

In that case, I'd buy the entire company if I were Nintendo.

I mean, it's not like having more mature titles would hurt them.
Shame we can't write in to JP Nintendo and be like "Hey, use that DS printed money and buy Capcom"

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Shame we can't write in to JP Nintendo and be like "Hey, use that DS printed money and buy Capcom"
I tweeted at nintendo america the moment that article was released. maybe NoA can help influence the japanese offices.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure Capcom being up for grabs means any individual IP is up for grabs. It's just the whole company is open to buyout. The last time I recall a game company selling individual IPs was when THQ went broke and their individual IPs were sold off as assets during the bankruptcy auctions or whatever. Darksiders ended up with Nordic Games, I think Bethesda ended up with South Park Stick of Truth, the WWE license ended up with 2K sports, etc, etc.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh my gosh, Phoenix Wright in smash could actually be possible someday...!
I really hope Nintendo gets Ace Attorney, MegaMan, Viewtiful Joe, and maybe more. I like DeadRising (with Frank West at least) but I'm not 100% sure Nintendo would use that IP too much... Same with Street Fighter, maybe, I'm not sure...
But wow! Maybe not DLC, feels like it would be way too soon, but Smash 5 for sure if it happens! Phoenix Wright in Smash...wow...never thought I'd see the day...! Phoenix Wright in Smash 5. Coming 2020ish.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mega Man, Okami, Phoenix Wright and Street Fighter pls.

Pls.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
given the recent set backs financially nintendo have had i dont itd be a good idea for them to buy anyone

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Nintendo buying Capcom is really the only chance we ever have of getting an Ace Attorney rep in Smash.

It would also make Smash 5 more hype since Nintendo suddenly would have a lot more new IP's to pick from.

So yeah, please buy Capcom.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Thank God.

Phoenix Wright
Mega Man
Okami

What am I missing?
Nintendo would absolutely love to have Monster Hunter as an exclusive.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So there's Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Okami, and Monster Hunter that Nintendo would probably want; Viewtiful Joe and Street fighter that they might also want; and potentially Resident Evil, Darkstalkers, and Devil May Cry to increase their mature lineup.

I'd definitely go for it if I were Nintendo.

Please, Iwata?

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Meanwhile mario kart 8 just saved the wii u so its the perfect time to buy out capcom!

Top Bottom