• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phazon's Samus

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Hello to the people of the Smash Boards Forum. I am Phazon, and this is my Samus. I have never won or even entered a tournament. Nor have I made any videos. You may not know who I am or my skill, but I can assure you... I am a skillful and deadly master of the Samus combat. I do know most of Samus' glitches and techniques. I even made some of my own strategies. Also I am not here to replace anyones Samus guide. I will now tell you how I use Samus, read and comment please...

First of all, Samus has to be used in the color orange... Reminding you this is in my opinion, but using anything that is not either the Gravity or Varia suit is going against the Metroid style thus throwing you off. To fully master this part, you should also know how to play the ever popular Metroid Zero Mission/Super Metroid. This part is optional, but it seems to help me flow with things if you know who you are using and are moving in a similar fashion to Metroid's Samus. The bomb jump is sorta like the space jump..

Secondly, Missiles are Samus' best friend. Not literally of course but missiles are very handy!! I myself have sub categorized Samus' Super Missile into two groups. Number 1 is the super strike. This is the kind that should have at least 85% chance of hitting. When you launch a super strike, you are trying to usually finish or stack at an obvious opportunity. This kind of missile fire is hard so you have to have good timing. Missiles can also be fired the second way which is.... the illusion missile. An illusion strike is used as the opposite of the Super strike. Its not like a blind firing, its actually more of a planned assault. Use a missile canceled missile into Fox, while he has just gotten pwnd by a super strike. This will leave him in a moment of perfect chance to shine it. while he is doing that charge, jump over the coming back missile and now air kick is tail off!!

This is an example of Super Strike. To do this you need to be on a stage with platforms. The basic idea is to get the first hit. For example lets say your fighting Marth on Yoshi's Island. Marth will go charge at you falling through the platform some what diagonally running to get the first strike. All you have to do is go down the platform without jumping and fire a missile. If you time it right you will do a missile cancel and hit the opponent. This will give you the upper hand.

If you are fighting a pro that wave-cancells or suck try this:

Ok, next on the list is Samus' BV also known as Samus' best move... Bombs seem to be pretty much useless to the naked eye but if used correctly they could easily win you the game. With the power of Bomb Jump, aerial bombs are great.. I have tried to (possibly) invent a special bomb jump. This is called the exotic bomb jump, it is basically like the bomb jump but after you lay a bomb you move all the way the opposite direction and then you come back. I don't know if you understand it but it makes it harder for the opponent to hit you or determine where you are landing. By combining with my other new technique BOMB STORM this method allows you to use bomb jump in a different way. While in the air Samus has a wild amount of chances to get the lead on your opponent.. Is it true? Sorta.. let me explain, as a Marth is just got you in the air, it seems like his advantage but you as Samus could easily throw off the flow by either using one bomb and then moving or doing a exotic bomb jump. Now that the Marth has missed his air opportunity he would probably charge you, this is when you use the land BOMB STORM. I though of BOMB STORM while trying to fully master SWD, its sorta like you first try to do the SWD and after if you only move a little bit you bounce back into the bomb for a short jump to come into play. This will lead to a quick, canceled smash attack. A second method of BOMB STORMING is laying bomb after bomb getting the bounce, cancel and missile fire. They would often get hit by the bomb until you a have either got them into a mini bomb trap or you attacked them.

Ok, some extra stuff... first of all, grapple is in no use.. to you on ground.. neither is Super Extension grapple. Well, for me I only use the grapple beam when I want to recover. On another note, if you are Samus.. YOU MUST RECOVER!! There are plenty of ways for Samus to come back onto the stage. Every time you do, you should do a different thing. Fooling the opponent is what I'm talking about! For example, a time when you could easily jump your way back to stage you should mix things up with a bomb jump. Playing it unexpected is what will get you successfully back to the stage!!

-bomb jump strait on a platform (avoid jumping where edge hogged), you could even bomb jump onto the edge.

-while near the ground do an air dodge, this trick is good on Marth and others with good(cheap) range.

-B^ will make a screw attack. This can be used to either hit your opponent on either edge hog/guard and run while he is recovering, or number two get onto the edge

- use the grapple beam after a mid air dodge. This can be executed (most likely) with one of the top methods right after or just a kick in the air or free recovery.

The final thing I'd like to say is PLAY IN PLANET ZEBES, not all the time though, I mean when the time is right!! If you do it will boost your spirit, unless you are a fake Samus-Samus.

Thank you for reading, do you know believe that I can easily defeat you? I might not be famous like Ken but I am... something....ummmmm... So What do you guys think?

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
lol keep going

i want to hear more about super strikes and illusion missiles and her other moves

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Do you forget that the SA-X self replicated AT LEAST 10 times. Who's to say one didn't escape or survive somehow?

Samus Aran - X parasite, unless you were j/k
great justice whatever

and yeah well adam survived as a computer what do you think of that huhhuhhuh

Ok, i added bomb i will add more later... Thanks for the ?good? comments.
Cool, keep going.

I think this should be stickied.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
"when I started reading this, I broke down into tears.

this thread made me realize how little I know about Samus."

Thank you it goes to show there are a lot in this world that we don't know..

"This should totally be stickied and replace all Samus guides."

Those weren't my attentions at all, but sure...

hmmmmmmmm were any of those sarcastic?

Whats with all this SA-X talk? Anyway I am done my Samus play through, tell me what you think?

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Dude did you like stay up all night studying this freakin' game? You got some technical stuff in there 0.o.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If Samus played EXACTLY like in Super Metroid, except with limitless ammo, then I would be content. She may move up a tier or two :p

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
The final thing I'd like to say is PLAY IN PLANET ZEBES, not all the time though, I mean when the time is right!! If you do it will boost your spirit, unless you are a fake Samus-Samus.
WHAT! I am NOT a fake Samus-Samus.

Look, you think Samus like Zebes? No. Zebes tries to kill Samus year-round, even during the holidays!!! Samus actually hates Zebes, it's just that she's gotta go there to do her mission, mirite?

So really... I think you can still be a true Samus-Samus without playing on Zebes. Or Brinstar Depths for that matter. But it's good to get your Samus spirit boosted so I suggest playing on Final Destination against Captain Falcon. I mean, he's a bounty hunter too... but totally not as cool as you. irite.

Thank you for reading, do you know believe that I can easily defeat you? I might not be famous like Ken but I am... something....ummmmm... So What do you guys think?
Well you sound really informative, but do you know what the Windmill of Fury is? I'm really good with it, so watch out.

But anyay, I think it's a pretty good read. I agree with you about the orange thing. I always play orange Samus because I want to be like, true, original Samus, not gravity suit, or black or purple or those non-metroid colors.

As for the bomb jump, I don't think it's similar to the space jump - I think the double jump would be like the substitute for the space jump, you know? The bomb jumps are just bomb jumps, like you would normally do.

Also, around here, we like to call the "air kick" the "Sexy Kick." You'll see us calling it that all the time.

I like the exotic bomb jump. I think that's a cool trick.

I think BOMB STORM is a sweet name.

Well that's all. So, how did you come up with all of that? And, I have a question - what's the best strategy against Fox? You mention Marth a lot, but I just want to know some good things to do against Fox.

Thanks.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
If Samus played EXACTLY like in Super Metroid, except with limitless ammo, then I would be content. She may move up a tier or two :p
Bomb-jump Infinite stall = Banned

Speed booster + Windmill of Fury = Infinite combo = Banned

Mockball = Easier SWD

Murder Beam = Crashes game = Banned glitch

Space-time warp beam = Stock Reset = Banned Glitch

Ice Beam + Missile combo = Cheap Tactic

Crystal Flash = Such a cheap tactic

Sexy Ending for winning match = Ohhhhhhh Yeaahhhhhhhh :) ;) :)

Looks like she'd move into 'broken' tier :)

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Dude did you like stay up all night studying this freakin' game? You got some technical stuff in there 0.o.

I'm not going to take that from garbage.. get it because thats your name!! Anyway.. no it took 3 years to like the game and another 2 years playing as Samus..

"WHAT! I am NOT a fake Samus-Samus.

Look, you think Samus like Zebes? No. Zebes tries to kill Samus year-round, even during the holidays!!! Samus actually hates Zebes, it's just that she's gotta go there to do her mission, mirite?"

So really... I think you can still be a true Samus-Samus without playing on Zebes. Or Brinstar Depths for that matter. But it's good to get your Samus spirit boosted so I suggest playing on Final Destination against Captain Falcon. I mean, he's a bounty hunter too... but totally not as cool as you. irite.

to tell you the honest, bloody truth I don't exactly love the metroid stages, but I do love the memories and music. It always seems to boost my spirit...

I mention Marth a lot in particular because my brother uses him, and that is who I fight half the time.. so I haven't really mastered fighting Fox. All I know is anyone using a character with a move that reflects missiles will probably try to use them and seem cool, it usually doesn't work on me though.. I'll mention more later...

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
After closer analasyis i can possibly present you with a custom made picture of some of my techniques... btw thanks for the positive comments Saymus... what is the windmill of furry?

AIDS

Smash Lord
do not double post dude, you ad by clicking Edit on ur most previose post unless someone has posted since you last post, we should not have to look at two post by the same person one right after the other, thank you for your co operation, im just a guy helping you from getting your account banned.

what is the windmill of furry?
there is a forum for this already. please look at it instead of creating another or making two different forums for the same topic

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
do not double post dude, you ad by clicking Edit on ur most previose post unless someone has posted since you last post, we should not have to look at two post by the same person one right after the other, thank you for your co operation, im just a guy helping you from getting your account banned.

there is a forum for this already. please look at it instead of creating another or making two different forums for the same topic
aids

seriously

you spam every single thread there is

his one double post is not going to get him banned

at least your name fits.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the double post... Ok, here is a small sample of a custom picture:

wait.. what the heck? Does that mean the site giving the link is to weak or my Smash Boards account?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Bomb-jump Infinite stall = Banned

Speed booster + Windmill of Fury = Infinite combo = Banned

Mockball = Easier SWD

Murder Beam = Crashes game = Banned glitch

Space-time warp beam = Stock Reset = Banned Glitch

Ice Beam + Missile combo = Cheap Tactic

Crystal Flash = Such a cheap tactic

Sexy Ending for winning match = Ohhhhhhh Yeaahhhhhhhh :) ;) :)

Looks like she'd move into 'broken' tier :)
Once again, I'd be content with that. (Plus, she can shoot missiles extremly fast in that game to begin with)

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Once again, I'd be content with that. (Plus, she can shoot missiles extremly fast in that game to begin with)
Oh, I know, I'd love to play with her being so broken like that, lol.

Samus is just so good they had to dumb her down for Smash Brothers.

That's really the reason why we play Samus - is because we feel pity for everyone else not being as good, and we don't mind playing handicapped, but deep down inside, we know we're really the best.

;)

(lol)

AIDS

Smash Lord
aids

seriously

you spam every single thread there is

his one double post is not going to get him banned

at least your name fits.
i=I am clearly teaching him so he does not get in the habit and do many more, is that hard to understand?

also i dont spam, im clearly posting like a normal person who has meaning in there post.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
lol, sweet pic

illusion missile

got it

i'm totally going to use that on silentwolf and call it out when i do

ILLUUUUSION MISSILLLLLLEEE

silentwolf beware.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Judging by how SilentWolf is constantly shine-canceling thus taking away his lag, using illusion missile on him will be quite hard.. hmmmmmmm, i have to rethink some stuff...

AIDS

Smash Lord
Judging by how SilentWolf is constantly shine-canceling thus taking away his lag, using illusion missile on him will be quite hard.. hmmmmmmm, i have to rethink some stuff...
lmao, yeah it sucks, i remember having him first round in a turnament once, and he 2 stocked me twice in a row, he is so hard to get an opening on!

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Wow.. Just wow AIDS.. Your name is the only one I am seeing on the front page lol.. Stocking up on posts I see :_).. *heads to Brawl Threads to increase posts*

AIDS

Smash Lord
Wow.. Just wow AIDS.. Your name is the only one I am seeing on the front page lol.. Stocking up on posts I see :_).. *heads to Brawl Threads to increase posts*
lol i slowly gained controll of the samus forums, i just had interest and i replyed fast enough in each topic that with in 2 weeks this happened lol.

yeah i know it seems crazy but it is not like spam post, it is real post, and now it is easyer to reply on these threads cause if my name is not the "last post" then someone has replyed to what i have said.

but yeah...lol oops

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Has Silent Wolf ever won a big tourny or placed well in one (Top 10 at a tourny)? I know he's hella technical, but I dont hear his name that often.. Just wondering..

Top Bottom