• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasm stall still exists (Left/Right + B)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Yeah, im not sure what exact stages/if it works on all but i was doing it the top of corneria so its still in =O invincibility frames + mindgames ftw

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
I have done it a couple of times.. and yea it still exists.. however.. i think it is a bit harder to pull

It is basically constantly illusion-ing on to the edge in order to get get invincibility frames.. Lol i bet i described it wrong but whatever..

It is good for mind gaming your opponent. It gives you more options i guess when a person is edge guarding you.

oceanz11

Smash Rookie
are u guys reffering to that shortened over b that u could do with the phantom in melee? cuz yeah i was a playing a cpu lvl 9 falco and i remember him doing that. (again sorry for the nub questions i just started getting into competetive smash.)

oceanz11

Smash Rookie
are u guys referring to the short over b that falco had in melee? (im new to comp. smash) cuz if thats teh case then i remember playing a lvl 9 cpu falco and he pulled a short phantom so im guessing its still able to be used. again, correct me if im wrong.

krammit

Smash Cadet
Yeah, im not sure what exact stages/if it works on all but i was doing it the top of corneria so its still in =O invincibility frames + mindgames ftw
Yea, I was actually going to post a vid of it in action later today.. But basicly if your on the left side of the stage you flick < then > but hold right and then press b. Don't press right + b at the same time or you'll just >b across the stage. And all of this is near the edge...Obviously. >_>

And so far it doesn't work on melee version pokemon stadium and lylat(sp?) system. Both = complete fail when you do it.

Dacman

Smash Rookie
Yea, I remember a level 9 flaco spammed this on me while in the air as a recovery move. hm, seems like a nice tech

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
No, The short over b is just a way to change up your recovery + mindgames..

The Phantasm stall is basically using over B to continuously grab the edge and repeating the process..Thus creating a "stall"

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
To the person who said its harder in brawl: How?! Melee phantasm stall required the fastest fingers in the world, if I'm not mistaken you had to hit the opposite direction+B exactly 1 frame after pressing away from the stage.

Top Bottom