• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petition: If Brawl winds up being slower than melee, release an Online Melee version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for brawl, don't get me wrong, but I'm deathly afraid it'll lose its speed and depth. No L-canceling, no directional airdodge, no wavedash, no sweetspotting...

So if it fails to live up to the hype in the tourney community, PLEASE nintendo, give us Melee online!!!

I'll cry if I lose that breakneck speed, the overwhelming tactics, the absolutely ridiculously fast mindgames, the 1/60th of a second timing...

So if that's the case, throw us a bone.

Break

Smash Apprentice
So...if your message is directed at Nintendo...why exactly are you telling us?

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
I would like to instate a petition that posting another thread on the topic of Wavedashing, missing ATs or general pointless complaining about suppose lack of depth in an unreleased game results in an automatic ban.

But thats just me.

Stak

Smash Cadet
I would like to instate a petition that posting another thread on the topic of Wavedashing, missing ATs or general pointless complaining about suppose lack of depth in an unreleased game results in an automatic ban.

But thats just me.
Now there's something I can get behind

All this exciting new info coming from E For All and so many people just *****ing about how their precious physics exploit was canned

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman

But thats just me.
This board is here for us to state our opinions. Many of us find this information appalling, as for years we assumed they would make these tactics deeper as opposed to just removing them.

I'm gonna say whatever the hell I wanna say, and so will you, and that's fine. And I say that it appears that this game will not live up to expectations, and that's sad.

I hope they prove me wrong though.

Mama

Smash Ace
Well I'm certainly not one to bash petitions but this has got to be the most ridiculous petition idea I've seen on these forums...

I'd touch on the rest of the post but it'd be a waste of time. look for my thread on people like you (OP).

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
This board is here for us to state our opinions. Many of us find this information appalling, as for years we assumed they would make these tactics deeper as opposed to just removing them.

I'm gonna say whatever the hell I wanna say, and so will you, and that's fine. And I say that it appears that this game will not live up to expectations, and that's sad.

I hope they prove me wrong though.
Stating your opinions is perfectly fine, making a topic complaining about either:
1) Supposed lack of depth/AT/Wavedashing.
2) People who post about #1.
at a rate of about one thread every three minutes is nothing but stupid, pointless spam.

Stak

Smash Cadet
while you are at it nintendo, can you put super mario bros online? id like to play with some random guy across the country as luigi
Oh man, you know what would punish

Making the old NES Ninja Turtles games online as well as Turtles in Time

Well not the first one, it wasn't multiplayer

But you can't tell me it wouldn't be awesome to have TMNT2: The Arcade Game and TMNT3: The Manhattan Project

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
You know TC, the sole reason for Brawl creation was to make an entirely new SSB game. If Sakurai did not step up to the plate and work on it, then Melee would have just been released online.

Your petition would never work. If you have so much of a problem with Brawl, just go back to playing Melee, who's stopping you?

-Knight

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
First thought: *sigh*another pettion thread -_-
2nd thought:Removal of mindgames?
3rd thought:It might not be that bad playing slow, i play with my friend alot and neither of us wavedash very much(or effectively), and we still have very dramatic matches

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Oh, get lost you whiny ungrateful *******.
You wait six years for a game to come out, and when it isn't exactly how you
want it TO THE LETTER, you complain and...

what you're saying, is you want them to do MORE?

How do you know Melee online will sell? Not after Brawl it won't.
I've never seen anything so selfish in all my life. You're going to want them
to spend all that money mass producing a game that's six years old... again?
And it's only going to appeal to 1% of the community, the one that visits here,
while the other 99% play as Sonic, Snake and the new improved Bowser?

Doesn't sound like this slight update of a six year old game for an outdated console
is going to sell very well, is it?

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Online melee might be neat, but in the end with lag and all, then tourneys would still be in person. so neat, but not much point. i'm sure brawl will have enough. and who knows, it might be more strategic than twitch memory and might require more foresight into what move you will do (but hopefully not too much)

PolyCabeza

Smash Apprentice
i concur with mambo... seems that sakurai wanted to please people by making brawl online, but he had to sacrifice it with "slower looking" gameplay. maybe he did this so lag wouldn't be that big of an issue with online play.

Zek

Smash Ace
This is a completely absurd request and it was a waste of your time to type it, almost as much as it was a waste of ours to read it.

On top of that, the faster a game is the more issues it has with latency online. I wouldn't be surprised if a big reason they pulled L-cancelling from Brawl was to reduce the impact of lag on online games. 1/60th of a second timing can not realistically be recreated in an online game.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

If speed is that important to you, play in the Special mode and crank up the speed.

As for advanced techniques, get over it. People have already discovered new advanced techniques in Brawl, so the loss of wavedashing is no biggie.

God Link

Smash Cadet
Thats exactly how I feel, because I play professionaly or really competitive and it should be laggy, slow and floaty because of non hardcore games who just like to sit there and play the "normal" way.

I'm not thinking of Melee online, but an option in brawl that lets you fully customize the gravity (floatyness) in game speed, lag, etc

Because it plays like SSB64 now instead of having fast play, its a little bit slower than melee. All these negative things about Brawl are really disapointing and I don't know why they would do these things.

Forget wavedashing in this statement, but directional air dodging allows you to move frelly, where ever you want instead of having to go with momentum. Meh, less freedom equals less players. W/e though, what happens, happens.

Maybe the demo purposly excluded wavedashing and l canceling because they knew competitive player (pros) know all this stuff and would dominate the newbs to Super Smash Bros. at E for All, it would be cheap in a way.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for brawl, don't get me wrong, but I'm deathly afraid it'll lose its speed and depth. No L-canceling, no directional airdodge, no wavedash, no sweetspotting...

So if it fails to live up to the hype in the tourney community, PLEASE nintendo, give us Melee online!!!

I'll cry if I lose that breakneck speed, the overwhelming tactics, the absolutely ridiculously fast mindgames, the 1/60th of a second timing...

So if that's the case, throw us a bone.
It's not going to happen.

Wait until you've played the full release of Brawl before hating on it so much. I'm sure within a few months, even weeks, of release, new glitches and techs will be found out, if that's still not enough.. just google "Smash Bros Melee online" and do that.

Tony_

Smash Ace
If Sakurai were to make an online Melee it would have all the gltches removed since he knows about them.

Essentially, you'd be biting yourself in the ***.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
i'm starting a petition to buy me plane tickets so i can give the OP a swift kick in the balls.

C00P

Smash Cadet
SMASH BROS NEED SPEED IMO. I do understand people loved 64 and thats prob why they are slowing it down for brawl. I think there should be a gravity and speed adjuster and not High/Low options but and actual slider so people can find that happy mediem. The one thing that made halo and counterstrike and other online/multiplayer games so great is the ability to adjust options no matter how insignifigant it may appear

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
when melee came out, i found out that it was too technical, too fast, and i needed it be slow and combo filled like smash bros original. now that i think of it, i should have asked for a smash bros online

C00P

Smash Cadet
its a discussion... and if someone with some pull at nintendo or Hal games comes across this... maybe there would be an idea that might...might be implemented. What so bad about DISCUSSING it. I guess your just a Nazi... do you love hitler User33, I bet you do

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I don't mean offense by this, but i'm pretty sure that if Nintendo cancelled Brawl and released online Melee with updated graphics in it's place, most of the competitive players would pobably be happier, and i find that so sad.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Wait... since you're so enthralled with the idea of timings down to the sixtieth of a second, why are you so passionate about getting online play? Don't you know anything about lag? Seems like a silly thing to ask for, when online play is most likely going to be pretty useless for competitive play, and almost exclusively a casual thing. And since you think Brawl will be a fun casual game (even if it's not competitively, though we have no way of knowing that yet), why wouldn't you settle for online Brawl?

In any event, don't answer that, because this thread has already gone to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom