• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PETA, is it really Ethical?

Darkslash

Smash Master
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Are they really ethical?

PETA is a animal "rights" group, who protest and condemn animal shelters, medical laboratories, processing plants and any thing involving animals. But in reality they are a bunch of ****ing pick *** bull ****ter hypocrites. They have no regards to human life and would even make the Holocaust look trivial. Comparing a chicken processing plant to the skin on skeleton pictures of Holocaust survivors. They use violence as a means to get their message across. In other words Terrorism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHUBEfBNMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Eo4KtBJFc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjwDqz4gWM

I think they're crazy hypocrite nutjobs.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
They use violence as a means to get their message across. In other words Terrorism.
While I'm certainly not a member of PETA, and would never consider becoming one, I don't think the majority of PETA members use violence at all. They generally tend to get their message across through words and non-violent protest (that is not to insinuate it cannot turn violent).

I think they are fairly uninformed though. Some of the animals they attempt to protect don't really serve any purpose aside from their usage (cows for meat, milk, chickens, etc. etc.). It's not like people go around eating dogs or using cats for fur coats. Sure, the cows and chickens and pigs deserve to be slaughtered mercifully, and I think the majority of the time they are. Really as dated as this may be, it's survival of the fittest, might is right, and if it were to honestly come down to this, no animal would stand a chance against humans. Why bother attempting to provide human rights to animals?

I don't consider them terroristic, akin to the ALF. ALF actually destroys property, and seeks to hurt those (via finacial expenses, property damage, etc.) who engage in unsound behavior. It isn't their right to do so, it should be the government of the State in which the place exists.

It is a nonviolent campaign, activists taking all precautions not to harm any animal (human or otherwise).

Isn't causing property damage and loss harm? It is not physical harm, but the mental anguish and legal reprecautions it can cost are all too real.

Smash Master
They have a different value premise. We hold that all people have the right to life. PETA believes that all animals have the right to life. Both sides are "ethical." We just have different ethics. PETA can't just let everybody do their own thing. It's kind of like abortion. The pro-life movement encroaches on the pro-choice movement because they believe that a fetus is a living person, and letting someone kill someone else is wrong. To PETA, letting another human kill an animal is equally wrong.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Just to add to this, yeah, PETA is insane. Animals don't have any regards for rights.

Here, take a look at this article from cracked.com, the 6 biggest a**holes in the animal kingdom. Sure it's spun in a comedic fashion, but the fact is, animals a just really don't care.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16762_6-biggest-as*holes-in-animal-kingdom.html

Also look this one, the 6 cutest animals that can still kill you.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15853_6-cutest-animals-that-can-still-destroy-you.html

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmm another thing to add in the video that i posted. They want to stop medical reasearch to be blunt. A shocking qoute from 1989

Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it -Ingrid Newkirk
Whoa wait. They want to stop medical research that can save lives. and here's their response

"AIDS is an easy disease to avoid, but our government squanders millions on duplicative animal tests, rather than issue frank warnings, especially to young people."[
Plus there are pet owners who donate to PETA. Pretty much PETA is againts having pets, so is that some form of decievement? And guess what they spended that money on. a Walk in freezer over 9000$. No i'm **** serious its estimated at 9370.00$ what the heck can they use for that?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I've been telling people that PETA is essentially an evil, insane organization for years now.

The average person hears PETA and thinks "oh, they support animals! They must be a nice organization!"

Anybody who's investigated PETA at all knows that it's a completely ridiculous and in some cases, downright dangerous organization whose members should all be dragged out and left on some deserted island far from the rest of humanity.

I hate PETA with a passion and I want to thank you (DarkSlash) for making this thread and posting some of those links.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
They use violence as a means to get their message across. In other words Terrorism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHUBEfBNMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Eo4KtBJFc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjwDqz4gWM

I think they're crazy hypocrite nutjobs.
Oh ****, I bet you were one of the few happy with the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act. Is calling animal activist terrorist the new thing now? I actually watched a video today about an animal activist charged with terrorism for teaching his class about black faxing corporations that support animal abuse.

I don't like Penn and Teller's show B***s**** cause those two guys are full of it themselves. I don't know much about PETA to be able to defend them properly but some of the vids I've seen on animal abuse in the slaughter houses was wild. Whether or not people agree with this organization is one thing but if the videos they put out don't disturb you and cause you to think then you've been overly desensitized. Just for the record I'm no vegan.

SuperRacoon lawl at the top 6 animals that can kill you.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
You realize that "those videos" you're referring to are representative of perhaps, at most 0.1% of slaughterhouses and that they may not even have been taken in the US? PETA is an absolutely crazy organization that will do anything to convince people of the "PETA truth", like telling boldfaced lies or using methods that are morally reprehensible.

.Marik

is a social misfit
They are friggin' hypocrites.

They themselves, killed over 200,000 animals or something, in the last few years...

I love animals, but I don't like P.E.T.A. ...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think PETA bashing is old and boring

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I think PETA bashing is old and boring
I think you're old and boring :mad::mad::mad:

Seriously though, PETA bashing will be necessary as long as PETA exists. The only way things can ever change is if more people are made aware that PETA is not a legit animal rights organization (or for that matter, a legit organization).

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
You realize that "those videos" you're referring to are representative of perhaps, at most 0.1% of slaughterhouses and that they may not even have been taken in the US? PETA is an absolutely crazy organization that will do anything to convince people of the "PETA truth", like telling boldfaced lies or using methods that are morally reprehensible.
Where'd you get that percentage from? Too many people drinking the Hater-aid on this topic. The video I saw was definitely in the US but in all honesty I really don't care whether or not this organization is full of crooks or not, the crooks I'm worried about are the ones threatening my countries sovereignty and arresting and killing those who don't agree or fit in with their agenda. The crooks I'm worried about are telling congress that they don't have to tell where 2 trillion US tax dollars went.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
I think you're old and boring :mad::mad::mad:

Seriously though, PETA bashing will be necessary as long as PETA exists. The only way things can ever change is if more people are made aware that PETA is not a legit animal rights organization (or for that matter, a legit organization).
Chill. Insulting people never helped anybody's cause. Just look at the hick who attacked two lesbians. He only helped their case, he didn't hurt it one bit. Insults never won any arguments.

Besides, PETA is just one group of many who are wasting their money on worthless campaigns. They're not hurting you. You still get to eat a hamburger whenever you want, don't you?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I didn't insult anybody (except PETA, of course).

PETA may not be hurting me, personally and it probably never will. But you'd be dead wrong if you think that PETA and its members/supporters have not done physical damage to certain people against their agenda, or taken actions against people, actions that are very close to the line between "legal" and "illegal".

PETA is also, unfortunately, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) and wealthiest "animal rights" organizations in the world; it is multinational and has millions of dollars. To think that they couldn't have any effect on the state of things would be wrong. That is why it's important for people to see PETA for what it really is.

Information and knowledge are important. PETA has never hurt me, personally. But it's a matter of principle. It has hurt others, it will continue to hurt them, and it kills animals. It has lobbyists, lawyers, and money. In other words, they have potential legal influence. Unfortunately, that's how laws and Congress work. So it's better to inform than to ignore.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Besides, PETA is just one group of many who are wasting their money on worthless campaigns. They're not hurting you. You still get to eat a hamburger whenever you want, don't you?
Genus Campaign

Removed the second image, just a bit too far, pally ~ EE
Azua edit: hahahaha he said 'pally'

Come on this is genus how could you argue with that. I mean you know you have a bunch of males joining the cause even though they could care less about animals.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
basically, I agree with everything GoldShadow has said

also, they spend too much time making a big ordeal over celebrities wearing fur. I'm sure they can be doing something more productive than throwing flour at Lindsay Lohan

slave1

Smash Lord
isnt peta the people that are sponsering the whale wars tv show on animal planet. i have not seen any yet but when they begin crashing their boats into japanese whaling boats that is complete disregard for life, and the way of life for people.

i dont like it, but accomplish your works legally not violently

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Yep, PETA's a bunch of hypocritical jerks. I always figured this was common knowledge on the internet.

I agree with what Goldshadow has said, by the way.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Then they seriously ask them too make a vegetarian only cooking mama game, and they will endorse it them selves. Either they are desperate, don't know marketing to non gullible people, or just plain stupid.Next time i see a PETA protest i'm going to the nearest KFC and eat fried chicken in front of them. If they attack, i could possibly lay charges of Assault on them, but i'll just run away laughing my *** off.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
That sounds just like Cults!

I mean... religion. Never mind they're all the same thing.

Ok for those of you who say that PETA should just be ignored. It's hard to ignore those *** holes when they're firebombing medical animal testing labs and spewing their "great knowledge" that studying the effects of medical testing on animals doesn't help humans. They're hurting other people... and killing the animals in the testing labs. What are they trying to accomplish again?

Top Bottom