• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona Series (New P4: DAN trailer!)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
It's coming to PS4 too which is a mixed bag:

It's a PS3 game, doesn't belong on PS4, but at the same time developers are now quarter assing on PS3 game development and people are selling their PS3s

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I love how relatively normal this guy looks compared to Yu and Minato. Definitely looking forward to seeing what particular mythology we're getting for the main character's party's personae this time around.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty excited for this!

New protag's design is interesting. Looks like we're back in a city for this as well, that's neat.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Protagonist's design looks good. He looks like he came out from some kind of Japanese/Korean drama, imo.

I'm looking forward to the city environment again.
Can't say Tatsumi Port Island was the most exciting location, but this looks promising.

I wonder if there will be a "free angle camera" as opposed to fixed camera angles.

MC design looks great, and I'm also excited about it being set in a city again. It also seems like this'll have a more serious tone than 4, which is great. I liked 4, but it was essentially an episode of Scooby-Doo.

Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
How bad is it that I actually considered getting a Playstation TV just to play Persona 4 Golden?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Not bad at all. Though, I'm waiting until I can find like a Vita at a reasonable price/get money for that. I'm just really looking forward to seeing some gameplay. And if they'll do something as a cool bonus, like make The Reaper some bonus Persona you can fuse on a New Game+ or something.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm planning on getting a PlayStation TV to use it as a Persona box. Since IS and an improved version of P1 are only on PSP. Plus there's also P3P to consider.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I mean, I bought a Vita to play Persona 4 Golden.
Totally worth it, buy the way, even considering I haven't played a single other game on the system.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I plan on getting a Vita sometime for non-Persona reasons, but would you recommend picking up Golden even if I've beaten P4? I know there's an extra boss (or so) and some more story stuff, but is there anything else of importance that'd make it kinda like the difference between P3 and P3: FES?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I plan on getting a Vita sometime for non-Persona reasons, but would you recommend picking up Golden even if I've beaten P4? I know there's an extra boss (or so) and some more story stuff, but is there anything else of importance that'd make it kinda like the difference between P3 and P3: FES?
If you don't mind playing it again, I'd say it's worth it to get Golden. It's great to play on the go. Also you get to restart floors if you ever die, making it easy to play. If you like fusing really good personas, it's even more fun because of various changes.

Basically shuffle time changes, skill cards, 2 new social links, new personas, new ultimate persona forms for the cast, new dungeon with boss, two new endings, and new story events sprinkled throughout the game. I'd say it's a bigger than P3 to FES.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I went out of my way to go and buy a Vita along with that super expensive memory card, all so I could play P4G. I've only played P3FES at that point, so I didn't know what was new, changed, etc from vanilla P4.

After drowning myself with 160+ hours on three playthroughs, I've pretty much exhausted my ability to play the game. :(
I was trying to get the last couple of trophies but looks like I had too much fun with playing the game, that I got tired of it. Still love it though, definitely one of my top favorite games. ^^''

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
That's the only real bad thing about super long JRPGs (or anything, really). No matter how much I love it at first and even in the end, it's something I'll never want to play again for a few years at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Welp, I'm sold! Fusing nice stuff is like 70% of my playtime and fun in those things.
It's pretty nice. During Shuffle Time, it's possible to get one where it will level up any one of your current Persona's skills. So you can easily get stuff like Megidolaon or other strong skills fairly early on. One of the best additions is that you get to choose which skills you want to pass on when you fuse instead of being random.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
That's the only real bad thing about super long JRPGs (or anything, really). No matter how much I love it at first and even in the end, it's something I'll never want to play again for a few years at least.
Yes, agreed entirely. One playthrough in itself is already a huge investment in time. Myself however sacrificed precious sleep time to play Golden while laying down. For all cutscenes, Social Links, etc., even on my subsequent runs, I actually read/watch through them without skipping anything, somehow.

I must say though, that I really appreciate all of the additional events they've added into the game. Love the "Operation Babe Hunt, Part 2".

Top Bottom