• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perma-Grab Glitch *with VIDEO*

emmawatsonsboyfriend

Smash Rookie
My friend usually plays Ike, and I usually play King Dedede, and we came across something strange while playing on Corneria:

The Perma-Grab Glitch **Not a rickroll, I promise.**
Slow-motion version

If you line up Ike and Dedede just right, and Ike grabs, Dedede gets "stuck" between two frames, and there's a gnarly buzzing sound. What's more, the grab did not release after the usual time limit, nor when I tried mashing out of it.

I'm hoping I could find some help determining what characters this works for, or if it's only Ike on Dedede. My best guess is it's probably a property of characters with short grab ranges on big characters. If you decide to test this yourself, consider any other stage this could possibly work on.

Thanks for looking.

Betaz

Smash Ace
>.> well there is not much use for this if as soon as Ike hits DDD is released....unless it was a timed game then you can just run out the time if your ahead...

emmawatsonsboyfriend

Smash Rookie
Oh I know. This is just for fun. Even if it was useful, it can and should be banned because it would be incredibly lame to glitch the time out when you're ahead one stock.

Waddle Kee

Smash Rookie
It could be good for a team battle. Ike and someone is on a team, and Dedede is on another. Ike grabs DDD, and someone else attacks DDD to give a lot of damage.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
Heh, that is pretty cool. Apparently newcomers aren't so welcome to Melee stages XD Hope this can't turn into something that can be abused.

emmawatsonsboyfriend

Smash Rookie
It could be good for a team battle. Ike and someone is on a team, and Dedede is on another. Ike grabs DDD, and someone else attacks DDD to give a lot of damage.
We tried this. If someone else hits Dedede, he breaks out of it. :ohwell: But I guess there's Fox's laser! =O Or just setting up for one super attack (Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, Rest, fsmash of some) could be useful.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
well this will prolly be unofficially banned in time games since no tournament has time games any more.

but then again, there is usually a time limit along with the usual stock games. so, that means that this will probably be officially banned....

but cool nonetheless

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Cool, but not gamebreaking, I suppose? The chance must be like 1/999 or something for this to happen in an intense fight, right? Or does it work on other stages?

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Apart from that being the most annoying noise I ever hear, it was interesting.. I had to turn my volume down though because I'm wearing headphones.. Not something I have to worry about as I don't play D3, and even if I did, this will be banned from tournaments.

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Good find. :)
I can't believe that you can't escape from that grab until someone hits you.
That Slow-Mo video is hilarious! :laugh:
Also, would that noise get annoying after a while? :confused:

Top Bottom